Porting Lovers Animations to Sexout

beck11, I do understand your frustration and my intent was not to replace or intrude.  Gerra6 has created some rather nifty tools for blender and I am currently overhauling the majority of the Oblivion animations.  Due to my current commitments I don't have the time to properly dig for the information I requested or I most certainly would have.  While I was updating\fixing\adding bouncing butts and bouncing breasts to the oblivion animations I thought it might be worthwhile to port some over to FNV if there was interest.  My only goal is to help and not steal any thunder.  I don't want or need to have anything I port get in front of what you need.  Besides, if this gets others motivated to lend a hand that really is good for everyone right?

When I say I understand I really mean it.  I don't know if you are aware but all of the major players for Oblivion have moved on (Donkey, Ashal, HanPL, Galgat, Chase, and so on) and I have stepped and tried to do what I can.   It is a poor effort as I don't have the talents, knowledge or skill that they did and probably never will have.  The good news is about the same time I stepped up some new and extremely talented folks also appeared (like WappyOne and Ichabod) and took over some older plugins or started new ones and have breathed life back into Lovers.  Perhaps this same thing can happen with Sexout, although I can promise you that you have many more contributors for Sexout than Lovers does.

As to testers, I understand the frustration there too.  I have one dedicated tester for Oblivion, legit1337 and I am both lucky and thankful to have him.

Beck11, I do hope that we can put whatever is bothering you aside and work together.  If not together then at least alongside one another.  I don't pretend to be anywhere near as skilled an animator as you, as I just learned how to use blender a little over a month ago.  My time that I can devote to Sexout is extremely limited as I have a ton of projects going for oblivion and even more on the back burner.

You ain't been told anything, beck, I asked you to weigh in on this thread because of the work you've done so far, to avoid incompatibilities, & to make sure you were kept in the loop. It was intended as quite the opposite of disrespect.

What we're looking at is the possibility to gain a lot of anims in a short time, and even if greg can only do so much with gerra's program in the time he has available (this is hardly the only thing he's working on), it'll be there for someone else to try their hand at too. Not only would it be possible to double the amount of human anims available, but with zippy being able to update & if jaam & astymma are interested in helping sort out the internals, it feels as if we could be on the verge of a decisive leap forward in NG's development, which in turn opens up a lot more possibilities in terms of stories. And I can only hope this.... whatever it is doesn't stop us clear in our tracks because some noses get bent out of shape & people withdraw because they don't need this. None of that is helping us move forward.

Whats Done is Done  , Lets just Move on with it . Everyone's Had an outburst Now and Then , Myself Included .

I empathize with Beck and everyone else  Including Gregahit Here ,  Greg has Come Out of no where and asked if he could port the animations on his own free will .Gerra6 Himself as given alot to this community and His tools are Good .

Beck has been Working on FNV Animations all by Himself , Why is it Different here Because As an animator I feel for others like me , I know how hard it truly is  to not have an animating Background and Come and animate ,  We dont Use IK or any Scripts ,Everything is manually Animated  .

I took a break  animating FNV Because I moved to play  Skyrim ( Partially I think Some of this is My Fault as well) 

BUT....... We aren't that Type of Community we are a Different One , When it Comes to Sexout , I remember it being a full group effort , It wasn't a One man Show , Pride himself took the main Plugin but the rest was Divided into other Plugins SCR , Smaller talk Etc etc  

I cant say we should forget this but , We can be better people by just trying to make it work  and combining are Efforts So If we truly want to Make this Work We have to get along . 

Beck   ,Outbursts Happen , But We learn from it and  We move on  ,  I hope You Get some time to  Relax Clear your head and Think This Through . You cant do this alone ,we have to work as a community and we can .

Greg , You didn't do any thing Wrong  , I see it  good that your Learning Blender With Gerra's Tools as well Its Great .  

MC

Edited by mastercchris

For my part, none of my tools or scripts are intended for just one person to use. The goal is to build a library of useful tools that, if they are successful, will eliminate as much of the pain and drudgery of modding as possible, while letting you enjoy the all of the fun parts.

I write them to make life easier for any modder who chooses to use them, and all that I ask is that, if you have any feedback, requests, bug reports, or suggestions, that you make them.

Here's the thing. Our ability to port animations between radically different armatures and between Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim is brand new. Quite simply, this is something that was *impossible* a week ago. I busted my ass to learn enough about Blender's (slightly insane) coordinate system for IPOs and keyframes so that I could create a (mostly) automated tool that can handle ~90% of the Blender workload of porting animations from, for example, Oblivion to Fallout New Vegas.

Take a look if you want to get an idea of how terrifying the process was: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4071

beck11, you are more than welcome to try it out, kick the tires, see if you like it. Sure, Blender's not for everyone, and I really am a newbie to animation, so I am sure that you'll have countless ideas for it that are better than mine. I would welcome any suggestions that you care to make.

There is no need for anger, or resentment, we're just offering to lend a hand. That's all.

Edited by gerra6

W Even though I used an esp I think trying to use the Sexout esm is better, having a seperate esp will cause confusion and conflict. Idk how to edit esms but Im sure someone knows. 

Sorry if you feel we've sidestepped you mate, my knowledge of the animations side of Sexout is pretty minimal, but I can help you on this one, I'm using the latest GECK beta for the last 12 months or so and it allows editing of esm's direct no differently to an esp. I don't have to convert either of my mods to esp and back, I don't even know how to do that now :)

Sorry I don't get time to do any animation testing stuff for you, I'm pretty flat out with what's on my plate. We hadn't heard anything from you in a while, so maybe assumed you had hit some roadblocks and given up or taking some time out, it happens, the only thing I can suggest is to release an updated Sexout.esm when you're ready and I'm sure you'll have people climbing each other to help. Nearly everyone get's cheezed off by stuff at some point, luckily I haven't yet :) but the import thing is releasing the frustration but not burning bridges when doing it. Hope we all work closer together from this rather than farther apart.

The forum updates taxed a lot of time for people too, but it's all for the better, I've lost so much modding time just updating my descriptions and re-editing outdated duplicated info in last 2 weeks to get the new system set up. Spent half my keyboard time yesterday just on that alone and I think I'm only half done.

This is a new tool to make more animations available, that's a good thing, it doesn't replace animators, and is probably better in the hands of experienced animators who understand the gobbedygook I don't understand about nifpoints & vertix's etc. Oblivion animations still won't work for Robots, Scorpions etc from NV.

Maybe we could import some Oblivion creatures, perhaps we could even get horses for New Vegas?

Edited by Halstrom

Maybe we could import some Oblivion creatures, perhaps we could even get horses for New Vegas?

In Oblivion, horses have a bone called EntryPoint that the engine recognizes as a specific bone to be handled as a point where two individual meshes can be temporarily connected together into one mesh. Horse animation kf files actually contain both the horse's bones and the rider's bones as they are animations designed to animate two meshes that have been joined by an EntryPoint node.

I've done some testing and I believe a few others have and the FO3/FNV engines don't recognize the existence of the EntryPoint node. It's why there's been very few "mount" or "vehicle" mods for FO3/FNV... they've all had to kludge together some scripted/physics solution from scratch. It seems like the engine still has the function headers as exports but they're just stubs and they don't do anything.

So, basically, we can bring critters over with no problem from Oblivion... "mounting" them using engine support is not possible currently afaik.

Small update just to let you know this has not died or anything.  I am working through some more porting issues with Gerra6.  Strangely we seem to be plagued with having one half of the animation port fine, only to have the other half be a twisted nightmare.  Hopefully we will be able to resolve this fairly soon.

Alot of people missing the point as usual.....it has nothing to do with Gerra or Greg, if anything we need more people like them over at FNV side. Anyway I dont think I can muster the requisite amount of fucks anymore, Imma concentrate on my own stuff and see how the progress on Sexout(if any) goes in the future. Good luck to the both of you.