How to make poses permanent

1 hour ago, afshin76 said:

Hi. I love GS Poses. The only problem is that I want to use it on an npc and then leave the cell, when I come back that npc is not doing the pose anymore.

Is there anyway I can make an npc do a pose permanently(or until I tell them to stop). 

Any idea?

Open the GS Poses esp.  Make a UseIdleMarker AI package with the destination as an XMarkerHeading.  Under the Idles Tab path it to the specific idle you want to use.  Add it to the target NPC via console command or make a quest with a dialogue option to force the NPC.  Another (and more complicated) way to do this would to be a scripted spell with a duration of 9999 days.  Regardless, you have some CreationKit work to do.

43 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Open the GS Poses esp.  Make a UseIdleMarker AI package with the destination as an XMarkerHeading.  Under the Idles Tab path it to the specific idle you want to use.  Add it to the target NPC via console command or make a quest with a dialogue option to force the NPC.  Another (and more complicated) way to do this would to be a scripted spell with a duration of 9999 days.  Regardless, you have some CreationKit work to do.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping for an easier solution XD. Maybe I try that if there is no other way.

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

So how do I do the XMarkerHeading thing that you mentioned?

Untitled.png.06a94b9c4fa81ea59d17cc0c6aef793a.png

And please tell me if I'm doing this totally wrong.

The XMarkerHeading is in the Objects window under Static.  It's an upright blue or red rectangle with a pyramid on one side.  Drag the marker to a cell (like your house) and place it so it is resting on the ground and the pyramid is pointing in the direction you want the NPC to face.  On your package in the Public Data Package double click on 'Marker' and a new dialogue should pop up for Selected Package Data.  Below 'Type' there should be a clickable bar.  Click it and path it the marker you placed in the cell.

Under your package's Schedule tab be sure that Day of Week, Month, Date and Hour are 'Any'.  Make the Duration 24 hours.

IF the NPC just goes to the marker and stands there then you'll need to make a new Idle Marker with the animation you want attached to it; use that instead of the XMarkerHeading.  Sometimes the game won't recognize what you have in the Idles tab of your package.  Some factions will cause NPCs to not do what you want them to, along with any number of fuck-ups that come with Skyrim.

EDIT: From what I can see the new package is correct.

59 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The XMarkerHeading is in the Objects window under Static.  It's an upright blue or red rectangle with a pyramid on one side.  Drag the marker to a cell (like your house) and place it so it is resting on the ground and the pyramid is pointing in the direction you want the NPC to face.  On your package in the Public Data Package double click on 'Marker' and a new dialogue should pop up for Selected Package Data.  Below 'Type' there should be a clickable bar.  Click it and path it the marker you placed in the cell.

Under your package's Schedule tab be sure that Day of Week, Month, Date and Hour are 'Any'.  Make the Duration 24 hours.

IF the NPC just goes to the marker and stands there then you'll need to make a new Idle Marker with the animation you want attached to it; use that instead of the XMarkerHeading.  Sometimes the game won't recognize what you have in the Idles tab of your package.  Some factions will cause NPCs to not do what you want them to, along with any number of fuck-ups that come with Skyrim.

EDIT: From what I can see the new package is correct.

CK crashed every time I try to load a cell. doesn't matter its vanilla cell or modded. It says something about tint or texture 256*256. 

I hit "yes to all" and it crashes. same goes with "yes" and "no".

Any idea?

6 minutes ago, afshin76 said:

CK crashed every time I try to load a cell. doesn't matter its vanilla cell or modded. It says something about tint or texture 256*256. 

I hit "yes to all" and it crashes. same goes with "yes" and "no".

Any idea?

In the Cell View window go to aaaMarkers and see if that cell will load.  There's nothing in it other than some vanilla markers and a dragon.  If that cell crashes then you know a mod isn't causing it.

If that cell doesn't crash; You probably have a texture replacer mod installed that alters a vanilla texture/FX/cubemap/etc.  From the image size I'd say you installed something that changes a 64x64 or a 128x128 texture into a fake 'hi-rez' one that doesn't have the right numbers of layers, or the texture is too large for the CK to render; i.e. the game isn't meant to render that particular texture into a 256x256.

It could be anything from a lighting mod to something as mundane as clutter or a texture replacer for building tiles.

10 minutes ago, afshin76 said:

Is there anyway around it?

Other than disabling mods until you luck into finding the culprit?  NOPE, but you can try this to see if the cell loads:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data and rename your textures folder to something like textures_X and then open the CK to see if cells will load.  If the CK crashes then I'm out of ideas.  If the cell loads then proceed with what you were doing.  When you're done just remove the _X from your texture folder and you're good to go.

While in the cell, note any pink/purple objects that look 'wrong'.  Click on them to see what they are and then look at the file path for the mesh in its Object window.  Go to that file path in your meshes folder and see if it's there.  If it is you can use nifscope to see what textures it uses.  THOSE textures may very well be the root of your CK crash problem.

5 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Other than disabling mods until you luck into finding the culprit?  NOPE, but you can try this to see if the cell loads:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data and rename your textures folder to something like textures_X and then open the CK to see if cells will load.  If the CK crashes then I'm out of ideas.  If the cell loads then proceed with what you were doing.  When you're done just remove the _X from your texture folder and you're good to go.

While in the cell, note any pink/purple objects that look 'wrong'.  Click on them to see what they are and then look at the file path for the mesh in its Object window.  Go to that file path in your meshes folder and see if it's there.  If it is you can use nifscope to see what textures it uses.  THOSE textures may very well be the root of your CK crash problem.

I forgot to mention, I am using MO, so I don't have any texture folder.

5 minutes ago, afshin76 said:

I forgot to mention, I am using MO, so I don't have any texture folder.

Looks like you'll be disabling mods then.  Once you get past this 'the cells won't load' fiasco hit me up in a PM or something if you need help with the AI package.  Good luck.

41 minutes ago, afshin76 said:

Here is the error:

Aha.  At one time you installed a mod that increases the size of tint masks for character faces.  Sad truth; the game won't process super-sized tint masks.  No editing in the ini's will allow it; they're bullshit Nexus mods made by people who don't understand what tint masks do.  It's like cube maps that are larger than 32x32 in size; they're hokum/snake-oil/don't-do-anything.

Try this:

K2_TintMasks.7z

Unzip this file and MANUALLY install it into you Data folder.  They are my personal tint masks so I know they work as intended.  Once installed, the file string should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\Actors\Character\character assets\tintmasks

See if the cells will load.  If they do...GREAT.  If not, you're on your own again.  Once you're done in the CK just delete the folders if you want to revert back to what you had previously.  Pro tip: no need to use a mod organizer to install things as basic as mesh/texture replacers unless there are a fuck-ton of options.

EDIT: you ninja'd me so disregard. :classic_tongue:  But you really should look into installing mods manually for some things.

12 hours ago, afshin76 said:

I made the idlemarker and all that he said. Sadly the npc won't use it and I don't know how to use console command to make them use it :(

After your PM I went on a mini-mission to try and figure this out and I came up empty handed.  Reddit, Steam, the Bethesda.net CK pages; there doesn't seem to be a way to use console commands to addscriptpackage.  Not one that I could find anyway.

To me, the easiest way to accomplish this is to make a quest with two lines of priority 90 dialogue and result scripts to force the NPC do the animation.  'Do the package' and the NPC moves to the marker a plays the animation.  'Stop the package' and the animation ends and frees the NPC.

12 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

After your PM I went on a mini-mission to try and figure this out and I came up empty handed.  Reddit, Steam, the Bethesda.net CK pages; there doesn't seem to be a way to use console commands to addscriptpackage.  Not one that I could find anyway.

To me, the easiest way to accomplish this is to make a quest with two lines of priority 90 dialogue and result scripts to force the NPC do the animation.  'Do the package' and the NPC moves to the marker a plays the animation.  'Stop the package' and the animation ends and frees the NPC.

I'm not good at scripting and stuff like that.

How about this. You when you go to a tavern some npc are leaning on the wall and some sittin besides the fire and things like that. Is it possible to make things like that, but the animation would be one of the gs pose animation?

7 minutes ago, afshin76 said:

How about this. You when you go to a tavern some npc are leaning on the wall and some sittin besides the fire and things like that. Is it possible to make things like that, but the animation would be one of the gs pose animation?

That's REALLY EASY.  That AI package you made?  Make a copy of a vanilla NPC and click on their AI Packages tab.  Delete all of their packages.  Drag your package to it.  Click on the Factions tab and delete them all.  Drag in the BardAudienceExcludedFaction.  That will stop them from clapping, drinking, etc.  On their AI Data tab set the AI Attributes to Unaggressive, Cowardly, Helps Nobody, Neutral, Any Crime and make their Energy 50.  Click OK and save the esp.  Now open your cell and drag the new NPC to it.  As long as you enter the cell through a load door they SHOULD do the package and nothing else.

Note: Your NPC will have the gray face 'bug'.  To fix that, click on the NPC in the Object Window so it is highlighted blue.  Then on your keyboard do Ctrl+F4 and when the dialogue box pops up click 'Yes' and give it a few seconds.  Save the esp and exit.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

That's REALLY EASY.  That AI package you made?  Make a copy of a vanilla NPC and click on their AI Packages tab.  Delete all of their packages.  Drag your package to it.  Click on the Factions tab and delete them all.  Drag in the BardAudienceExcludedFaction.  That will stop them from clapping, drinking, etc.  On their AI Data tab set the AI Attributes to Unaggressive, Cowardly, Helps Nobody, Neutral, Any Crime and make their Energy 50.  Click OK and save the esp.  Now open your cell and drag the new NPC to it.  As long as you enter the cell through a load door they SHOULD do the package and nothing else.

Note: Your NPC will have the gray face 'bug'.  To fix that, click on the NPC in the Object Window so it is highlighted blue.  Then on your keyboard do Ctrl+F4 and when the dialogue box pops up click 'Yes' and give it a few seconds.  Save the esp and exit.

So like any npc might start doing those animation and then stop, and then another npc would take her place?

1 hour ago, afshin76 said:

So like any npc might start doing those animation and then stop, and then another npc would take her place?

Maybe, but doubtful.  Depends on the NPCs nearby and if the packages they use allows for random furniture and idle markers.  Some of that shit is sandbox specific, tied to a faction or job, etc.