Converting armor to new body styles! PLEASE HELP

MusicJunky91

Hello I don't know if any of you can help me...

but I have been following the guide here step my step 

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

And I am doing a CHSBHC to UNP conversion of Lightnings original armor from FFXIII that I found after searching HOURS for.

Here are snap shots of where I am stuck. Fortunately the hands and feet didn't give me too much trouble.

But I am having the hardest time fitting the boots on atm..I have a feeling the gloves are going to give me the same trouble. 

post-124413-0-26682400-1360268747_thumb.jpg

post-124413-0-12787900-1360268760_thumb.jpg

post-124413-0-27814200-1360268772_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to help a noob modeler and modder.. I will do many armor conversions for people once I get it down.

The simplest solution is to just cut off the portion of the feet that are sticking out.  There isn't any point in the case of those boots, to not just cutting the foot off from the ankle down.

I actually just did that and it worked! I took out the feet meshes.

thank you so much!

What would you suppose I do about the gloves? In this case I cannot take the hands off because the fingers are needed.

Again thanks for taking your time to help, once I get this down I will do many armor mods for others.

6h7vqh.jpg

28qt10o.jpg

34xqa08.jpg

Also how do I reduce the size of the breasts for the UNP? o.O

ip6sev.jpg

zls17n.jpg

keudzp.jpg

I would think that I just scale the armor to fit the breasts since it is on a weight scale..

man, i'd love to be able to convert a couple things from UNP to CBBE, but that guide is a little confusing for me. Any idea how to dumb it down a little so i can understand it?  Adapt? weights? wth...

After some trial and error and Spending two days straight I finally got the meshes into Blender and started fitting the armor..I am a noob myself and I know what it feels like.

But I can definitely get you to where I am at now in knowledge if you want?

On the  breasts, just snip off the portions that stick out.  If the mesh is setup to bounce then snip back a bit more to make sure the breast doesn't bounce through the clothes.  Now you can scale things but that might make it not fit at other locations so be careful of relying solely on that.  You might end up doing a combo of scaling and snipping.

As to the gloves, same thing.  You may need to do a combo of scaling and snipping on the parts sticking through the gauntlets.

On the  breasts, just snip off the portions that stick out.  If the mesh is setup to bounce then snip back a bit more to make sure the breast doesn't bounce through the clothes.  Now you can scale things but that might make it not fit at other locations so be careful of relying solely on that.  You might end up doing a combo of scaling and snipping.

As to the gloves, same thing.  You may need to do a combo of scaling and snipping on the parts sticking through the gauntlets.

Thanks Gregathit!

You have been great help 

as much as i'd love to learn how to convert my 2 items from UNP to CBBE, right now i'm getting extremely frustrated with another problem, and i'm really stumped. Trying to edit the armor of the guards in Whiterun and Solitude, and no matter what i do, i just cant seem to figure out which outfit the guards use.

New update, Proportional manipulating is GOD when converting armors to new bodies!

Will post pictures soon

as much as i'd love to learn how to convert my 2 items from UNP to CBBE, right now i'm getting extremely frustrated with another problem, and i'm really stumped. Trying to edit the armor of the guards in Whiterun and Solitude, and no matter what i do, i just cant seem to figure out which outfit the guards use.

Do you mean that you need the meshes and textures for the outfut?

Or you just don't know which ones they use? 

Finding the meshes and textures for vanilla is SUPER easy.

no, i knew where the meshes and textures were. The problem was that the guards weren't wearing them. I opened up the solitude guards and redirected their default cuirass AA from the stormcloak mesh to some pajamas mesh. I did this for all outfits that i could find that i thought were relevant to solitude, as well as whiterun and riften.

When i loaded the game, whiterun guards were still using the bikinis that i played with earlier. (weird). So i went to solitude, 2 of the guards standing outside of solitude barracks were wearing the pajamas. Top and Bottom. Fine. But EVERY guard in solitude other then those 2, had the pajama pants on, but no pajama top, no torso. Just 2 floating hands, and a floating head. Missing torso could be explained by the fact that the pants didnt come with a body. But that doesnt explain why the top didnt load.

I decided to check on Riften. ALLLLL the guards were fine. Pants and Top both. I was like, "finally, something going my way". So i know the meshes and textures arent the problem, its just something in CK. I searched "Solitude" in actors, opened them up, looked at their outfits they use. (which was Haa.. something and scale something), i changed both of those in the outfits section. Pants... check. Top... nope. Torso.... nope. Still messed up.

After countless trials and errors (all trials resulting in the same error), i decided to take a break and figure out why i was getting bikinis on the guards instead of the pajamas. I found like 4 more outfits while searching "whiterun". only 5 total. I changed all of them to pajama. Get into the game. Same problem. Pajama pants, but no top, no torso. I shut down game again and edit the chest pieces of the whiterun outfits 1 by 1, loading up the game in between to find out which one the guards use. I changed the pajama pants to a different color. I get in the game. Now the pants are gone. As is the legs. Floating arms, floating head. and feet... didnt make any sense. the pajamas were identical other then the texture.

So i'm completely stumped. I pretty much just gave up and put a bikini and high heels on every guard in Solitude, riften, whiterun, and windhelm and the bikinis and high heels are working fine, just got out of the game to test it. I'm a little disappointed though. I thought it'd be extremely silly to see guards in pajamas.

I might go back and put them on the riften guards seeing as it works there.

Thanks Gregathit!

You have been great help 

I keep trying to cut only the parts of the body that are showing...

But when I do it deletes everything around it instead..I have tried inversion I have tried all of the deleting options

and I keep getting the same result..Once I can cut only pieces of the mesh.

I believe I will have sufficient knowledge in manipulating the armor to fit any body.

Thanks 

no, i knew where the meshes and textures were. The problem was that the guards weren't wearing them. I opened up the solitude guards and redirected their default cuirass AA from the stormcloak mesh to some pajamas mesh. I did this for all outfits that i could find that i thought were relevant to solitude, as well as whiterun and riften.

When i loaded the game, whiterun guards were still using the bikinis that i played with earlier. (weird). So i went to solitude, 2 of the guards standing outside of solitude barracks were wearing the pajamas. Top and Bottom. Fine. But EVERY guard in solitude other then those 2, had the pajama pants on, but no pajama top, no torso. Just 2 floating hands, and a floating head. Missing torso could be explained by the fact that the pants didnt come with a body. But that doesnt explain why the top didnt load.

I decided to check on Riften. ALLLLL the guards were fine. Pants and Top both. I was like, "finally, something going my way". So i know the meshes and textures arent the problem, its just something in CK. I searched "Solitude" in actors, opened them up, looked at their outfits they use. (which was Haa.. something and scale something), i changed both of those in the outfits section. Pants... check. Top... nope. Torso.... nope. Still messed up.

After countless trials and errors (all trials resulting in the same error), i decided to take a break and figure out why i was getting bikinis on the guards instead of the pajamas. I found like 4 more outfits while searching "whiterun". only 5 total. I changed all of them to pajama. Get into the game. Same problem. Pajama pants, but no top, no torso. I shut down game again and edit the chest pieces of the whiterun outfits 1 by 1, loading up the game in between to find out which one the guards use. I changed the pajama pants to a different color. I get in the game. Now the pants are gone. As is the legs. Floating arms, floating head. and feet... didnt make any sense. the pajamas were identical other then the texture.

So i'm completely stumped. I pretty much just gave up and put a bikini and high heels on every guard in Solitude, riften, whiterun, and windhelm and the bikinis and high heels are working fine, just got out of the game to test it. I'm a little disappointed though. I thought it'd be extremely silly to see guards in pajamas.

I might go back and put them on the riften guards seeing as it works there.

I'm sorry but that last part is funny.

Honestly I do not know anything about replacing an armor for in game..I just know how to put a new type of armor in the game..

If it works the same way then you have to make sure you are editing your Shades as well..

Okay so I am done...But the person who did this armor before really messed up the boobs lol...

What is the easiest way possible to shape the boobs? 

I have had 3 attempts now and they all looks liked burnt pancakes hahaha 

After this I am ready to do the 1 weight and upload.

Here is the picture..as you can see they look NOTHING like the better looking ones in the body mesh up there ^^

2lucdon.jpg

New update...After 2 LONG days I finally got this far..You don't even wanna know what I had to do to the hands..better leave that unsaid :P

Boobs finally look like boobs instead of beach balls!

This is my first time ever doing this btw..so I am a complete noob

any "Oh I could show you a way easier way's" 

"Or hey I got a tip for ya's" Are totally welcome!!

here's updated pics

4u9htg.jpg

23ks076.jpg

117ci7s.jpg

Thanks for any feedback or interaction!

I don't have any tips for ya, but I have lots of admiration!

I'm currently going about learning how to convert things from games myself, but am starting with hair first. Maybe we should do a tip swap after we've each completed our projects :P

Its looking good so far, excited to see and test the mod if you need!

pff i see im not the only blender noob around :P just hope ur armor (ur model looks much nicer with a normal breast size XD) is sitting on the body ingame.

i made some conversions for UNP and half of em is not playable.

they are just static in air,looks like its floating..... dunno the error,as i did the same with the working ones ^^

good luck with ur modding career :)

Archived