CBBE hdt piercing merging with body

youngfool

Hi all, I added 4 piercings into my body mesh and everything looked fine in outfit studio (see attachment below). I also ran the 4 piercings i used in bodyslider couple of times but 3 out of the 4 piercings just wont show in game. While the one that does work (naval piercing) have a purple texture.

The biggest problem i have is unsure of where to store the CBBE hdt piercing (output) files generated from bodyslider. My bodyslider have a custom folder where all my output file goes but for this mod i dont know where to put them. I tried thrown them back into ModOrganizer\user\mods\CBBE hdt piercing sets\meshes but it had no effect.

Can someone please instruct where do we put the CBBE hdt piercing files generated from bodyslider?

I suppose i could just keep trial & error but I have been modding the game for almost a week straight and i am just simply burned out. Please send help...

Best.

ll.thumb.jpg.f513184a6c12ad6e9bef8b11bf75c07a.jpg

For MO I usually create 3 mod folders that I keep at the bottom of the left side

Overwrite Other

Overwrite Outfits

Overwrite Animations

I put all the output from Bodyslide into Overwrite outfit

All the output from FNIS in Overwrite Animations

and all the SKSE stuff created when you save MCM data in game is put in Overwrite Other (as well as the cache from TES5Edit)

Looks like this

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1370b1ab9251c02d89ed000c18113178.png

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

Which ones aren't showing in game? and what are their partition settings?

Thanks for replying!

Your three folder idea is great! Thank you so much for sharing!

The ones arent showing in game are the nipple piercing (displayed as Ring in my picture) (file name: SED7_CBBE3_fGNP_gold_1), two labia (displayed as Torus01, Torus03 and clpiercbig.002) (file name: SED7_Labia_fGLP_gold_1 & piercdownflow10gold(20-14)_1).

While the naval (displayed as bellyB) (steelsnake_1) arent showing texture.

Baseshape is the body mesh while Object02 is the 3d pubic hair.

I havent touched the partition settings and got no clues on how to operate them.

1 minute ago, youngfool said:

I havent touched the partition settings and got no clues on how to operate them

If you are merging these items with your body, they probably have a different partition than 32

so if you click on the particular item then on the partition tab, it will show you the partition it is set to. You need to make sure all of the individual parts are set to 32. 

image.thumb.png.a5e38fa8ca4bec1775d28ea1d9a136bc.png

5 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

If you are merging these items with your body, they probably have a different partition than 32

so if you click on the particular item then on the partition tab, it will show you the partition it is set to. You need to make sure all of the individual parts are set to 32. 

image.thumb.png.a5e38fa8ca4bec1775d28ea1d9a136bc.png

omg, im giving a try now thank you so much!

Briefly how it is done

open the thing you want to change in outfit studio. In your case it is a body, in this example it is a top.

Spoiler

step01.thumb.jpg.27f6e52e19709880c1a3b66a8d255b97.jpg

Do the file import from NIF to bring in the item you want to add

Spoiler

step02.thumb.jpg.647110ed54ff657d63b66a765f2075e5.jpg

Select the new item on the Mesh list to the right in this example "Underwear"

Spoiler

step03.thumb.jpg.2778f43b3e93de25224621cbd1848e39.jpg

Select the Partition tab and we see this is assigned to the pelvis slot 49

Spoiler

step04.thumb.jpg.0073929209b3d0c2a397f85d80b7afdd.jpg

To change that to 32 select the down arrow at the far right of the "Type" field to bring up a list and select slot 32

Spoiler

step05.thumb.jpg.83a2c3dfda0bdb96f216706f67838c22.jpg

Then File export to NIF to overwrite to original NIF

Spoiler

step06.thumb.jpg.13b38321d29133a746e69f694a888b48.jpg

(Oversimplified explanation) 

The reason you need to do this is, for a thing to be in game it needs 3 things.

Nif file

Armor File

Armor-addon file

all three of these reference its slot location, and if they don't match, the object will not render in game. 

7 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

What mod are you getting the navel ring from?

CBBE hdt piercing 

I dont really understand the instruction:

USAGE

You must build the meshes in Bodyslide relative to your chosen preset before the piercings will be available in game. This mod adds 3 Groups (Piercings AH1, Piercings Newmiller, Piercings SED7) to the Bodyslide Group Filter. Batch Build all 134 meshes (the three groups) so that the piercing sets are added to the game directory.

It meant for us to bodyslide each piercings we use that part i know, but i had no idea where to put those outputs. plus i just noticed that it is asking to batch build (which i dont know how yet) but i could get the piercings through command console, so what is the point of batching it?

edit: oh and thank you so much for the quick tutorial!

can you send me a copy of your NIF file you are modifying?

The navel ring is purple because the texture file it is looking for isn't there. to fix that we need some more info.

what is the Mod you are getting the navel ring from

what mod manager are you using to install all of this? (MO, Vortex, NMM, ?)

NVM you answered the first and I already knew the 2nd :)

Batch building is just a faster way to bodyslide it works like this

Open BodySlide Click the Down arrow next to the search eyeglass in the groups box

Spoiler

step07.thumb.jpg.660ec650b88d4d8689cd46ebd9715fbd.jpg

Select "Choose Groups"

Spoiler

step08.thumb.jpg.8735f2a80ea66f7b62808f5f9ede2516.jpg

Find the groups you are doing and check the boxes and hit OK

Spoiler

step09.thumb.jpg.ba2ca0169badd167d8266f47f33741a1.jpg

Make sure your preset is selected at top and hit Batch Build...

Spoiler

step10.thumb.jpg.2f985dad48f03bbd63e665ea08c77300.jpg

It will either do all the rest or ask you some questions that should be self explanatory

They are usually asking you decide which output to use when the mod would do two items that output to the same NIF name. This is almost always when there is an HDT and non HDT variant. 

6 minutes ago, youngfool said:

omg it worked like a charm! thank you so so much! can i ask where i gone wrong?

for the navel ring didn't do anything wrong, the mod had no texture file for that navel ring. I changed it to use the same texture file as the clit ring. 

The other items I think I forgot to tell you to hit apply when you changed the partitions so subsequently they were not changed. ?

Archived