GlowUp: More Diverse looking Children

View File

GlowUpBanner.png.1cd6aee9bf3c82ac0c6d7c04a3f18c8b.png

Disclaimer:

This mod does not contain sexual content and is not intended for such use. This mod is purely a mod to make children interactions in Skyrim more pleasant and less annoying. I posted here, because I prefer the community here over nexus.

About Glow Up:

The kids of Skyrim are... well... they are an annoying bunch, but they are so much worse when they talk down to you while having a face that even Dibella wouldn't bless. The RS children mod was a step in the right direction in making these monsters more tolerable but lacked in variance so I decided to take it upon myself and give the kids a little Glow Up. Now they can taunt you, and still be tolerable. This mod uses RS children as a base and adds variation in hair and facegen meshes to give a diverse and better looking cast of child actors. As of now this mod only covers Whiterun kids and I'll add more when my schedule allows it.

Mod Specifics:

Spoiler

This mod is not a standalone child mod and has hard dependencies which are listed under.

Note: I will not bother with making it standalone as RSchildren is the framework and I used only the vanilla child assets provided by said mod. Because of that, I find packing all the files under a standalone is unnecessary work.

Requirements:

-Optional-

Compatibility

• This mod consists of a single esp and facegen/facetint files and should be compatible with most mods.
  • The data overlaps the Facegen/Facetint files for RSChildren so install GlowUp over all the RS children mods [I highly recommend using Mod Organizer if you plan on uninstalling so that you don't get missing textures and meshes  for the files GlowUp will overwrite] 

Incompatiblity

• Not compatible with other types of children mods. I am not fully sure of what other child mods are out there, so try at your own risk.

INSTALLATION

• Install the the Requirements
  • Install GlowUp (Overwrite if prompted)

UNINSTALLING

• Remove GlowUp
  • Disable/Remove RSChildren related mods

Frequently Asked Questions:

Spoiler

-tbd-

Credits:

Spoiler
  1. Ranaline: For designing the base framework and races for editable children
  2. Expired6978: For a good chargen tool
  3. Kalilies: For the various hairs used
  4. Summerdew: For even more hair variations
  5. Hellosanta: For used brow textures
  6. RamsaySnow: For the Hair patch

Permissions

Please do not re-upload this file. Add-ons are welcomed. Just be sure to link back here if you plan on adding on to the mod.

Changelog

Spoiler
  • Version 2019.02.17
  • Initial Release
  • Added the Whitrun kids: Frothar, Nelkir, Lars, Dagny, Mila, Braith, and Lucia
  • Older:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/17/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    RSChildren Overhaul, Holiday Gift Hairdos, KS Hairdos, SGEyebrows, RS Children Hair Patch
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

7 hours ago, XarisZ said:

Hello seems like a good mod!! GL

Just a quick question, i have these three mods [SG Eyebrows,KS Hairdo,HG Hairdos] merged with some other mods to save up ESPs,will this mod work if i have their ESP disabled  in the load order?

I'm not that savy of a modder but I think you can do that by removing those masterfiles on the plugin and adding your merged plugins as a masterfile using Tes5Edit or something along those lines. Hypothetically if the location for the hair, and eyebrow data are still referenced by the same ID within the merged plugin, then the mod should still be able to pull up the hair and brows in game.

-or the other scenario-

If Merging the hair and eyebrow plugins changes the ID, the reference won't be linked to the npc and will require you to manually go in and link all the head parts on the GlowUp mod to the merged plugins. You'll have to turn your merged plugins into an ESM and load it with GlowUp (set this as active) through Creation Kit and relink all the head parts (Hair/eyebrows) per character and then removing the old depedencies when you are done with tes5edit.

Disclaimer:

I myself haven't tried merging the plugins, so I'm not sure if this'll work but feel free to give my suggestions a go and let me know how it goes.

• 3 months later...

I need help with both this mod and the mods that are required (I believe you used these required mods to build this one, which means you might know where the problem is). So, first of all, about your mod: the archive is broken and won't open. What program did you use to create it, or could you see what could cause an issue. It's not the first time I encounter this type of problem, the WinRAR can't fix the archive, 7-zip doesn't even see it as an archive. 
Now about the required mods. One of them requires Skyrim Unofficial Patch. It doesn't work without it, but this patch conflicts with Skyrim Unofficial LE Patch, thus always saying I'm using the old version of a patch and it will ruin my game at some point. Did you not use Unofficial LE Patch or is it okay to use both patches at once?