Any civ 5 players here?

Just hit 1Am here so I'm heading off to bed.  But if anyone plays and wants a game just PM me here and i'll share my steam acct name, im still new to the game as well.

I play the GOTY edition with gods and kings.

Just had a huge bout of one more turn syndrome Lol.

I know the feeling. It gets so hard to stop when I'm on a roll. I've beaten the game a thousand different ways, and even once reduced the entire planet to a nuclear wasteland because I could. The only victory I can't seem to make happen is one where I never have to fight. I wonder if it's possible.

Guest Plastrader

Yeah, and if you allure city states they think they're friends with, they get angy.

They also think you're a warmonger even tho' you never declared war on anyone, just defending and taking a city to force the attacking civ to surrender.

The humerous thing is that whilst complaining over you being such a bad person they wipe out civs one after one... :/

Guest Plastrader

In general strategy game AI does tend to be a bit useless.

And I can see how its very hard to code a decent diplomacy AI.

However the main issue with the AI in Civ 5 isn't really the diplomacy, its the grand strategies.

All these things can be modded. But...

You can't play mods in mp... :'(

Personally I've grown sick of these games because the AI always cheats, even when they're robust enough to not need to cheat.

I mean here I am at the start of the game half way to my first settler and all my neighbours have built 3 cities and enough military units to conquer the world 3 times over.

Guest Plastrader

About the AI and their brilliant trade offers.

Especially their "demands" which in reverse pisses them off immensly...

harunalrashidfavorlolz.jpg

Maybe not Harun!

Why would I give you 2/3:rds of my total gold?!

What difficulty do you guys play?

Im on a Prince game at mo as Egypt, standard map, small continents.  Just took out China after they backstabbed me.. 

hard waging war now though and im really still in the renisance but because of the way everyone is setup.. if I declare then I have to fight everyone due to how everyone is setup with declarations of friendships etc.

Guest Plastrader

Im on a Prince game at mo as Egypt, standard map, small continents.  Just took out China after they backstabbed me..

Oh. I gave up on playing prince since the "Fall patch" which eventually led me to put CIV5 on the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling. It gets so hard to stop when I'm on a roll. I've beaten the game a thousand different ways, and even once reduced the entire planet to a nuclear wasteland because I could. The only victory I can't seem to make happen is one where I never have to fight. I wonder if it's possible.

it is; culture victory

and btw do anyone know this:

AI on deity level start with 2 settlers, 2 workers, 3 warriors and one scout...