WickedWhims Exception Error

I keep receiving in-game errors caused by WickedWhims.  I have removed all mods associated with WickedWhims and I still receive the error.  I removed WW and did not receive the error.  I re-downloaded WW and again received the error.  My game version is 1.60.54.1020 and my WW version is v150c.  I only receive a WickedWhims Exception file and not a lastexception file.  Every time I have my Sim do anything that uses the WickedWhim mod, multiple orange error boxes pop up and it makes playing the game impossible.

WickedWhims_v150c_Exception.txt

On 2/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, Randlocher said:

There seem to be problems with the pubic hair. You can disable the pubic hair in the WickedWhims preferences. Shave your Sim in the mirror first.

You may be able to work around the problem until an update is available.

I think you are right about the pubic hair.  When I tried to modify it with the mirror no options show to choose from.  I have disabled it in settings but the error continues to fill the notification tab.

6 hours ago, Laytab said:

I think you are right about the pubic hair.  When I tried to modify it with the mirror no options show to choose from.  I have disabled it in settings but the error continues to fill the notification tab.

Did you delete your localthumbcache.package file inside your Sims 4 documents folder?

22 hours ago, Laytab said:

Yes I delete it before I play the game.  On top of the on error on the notification wall the sex interactions are not functioning properly. Can you parse anything from the exception file?

WickedWhims_v150d_Exception.txt 2.19 MB · 4 downloads

Try running the game "as administrator". This might help. Apparently WickedWhims does not have the necessary rights to access a file.

5 hours ago, Randlocher said:

Try running the game "as administrator". This might help. Apparently WickedWhims does not have the necessary rights to access a file.

I tried running origin as administrator and that did not fix the issue. However what did work was  

-move the Sims 4 folder from documents to my desktop

-ran the game again so I would create a new Sims 4 folder

-closed the game, deleted the newly created Sims 4

-put the old one back  and deleted the thumbcache file and ran the game

Problem solved!  Thanks for you help even though it did not fix my issue it prompted me to get creative with my troubleshooting.

13 hours ago, Laytab said:

I tried running origin as administrator and that did not fix the issue. However what did work was  

-move the Sims 4 folder from documents to my desktop

-ran the game again so I would create a new Sims 4 folder

-closed the game, deleted the newly created Sims 4

-put the old one back  and deleted the thumbcache file and ran the game

Problem solved!  Thanks for you help even though it did not fix my issue it prompted me to get creative with my troubleshooting.

You need to run the sims4 as administrator....not origin....right click on the sims game icon on the desktop then select run as admin.....

Screenshot (205).png

2 hours ago, Laytab said:

I tried launching from Program Files x86/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/ Bin, is this where the desktop icon points to?

if it's TS4_x64.exe.....i'd copy to the desktop then set as administrator....or you can right click on it in the folder...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I seem to have an issue with this mod. I bought Sims 4 about steam today and wanted to play it with mods. I installed the wicked whims mod into the right folder (downloaded it today). Now when i want to try useing the mod it gives me this orange pop up message saying "Wicked whims expetions.txt created" and then the wicked whims totally turns off and i cannot use it till i restart the game. i can only use the settings tab. i tryed already running the game in administrator mode and i tryed some of the outher fixes above but nothing helped sadly.

I hope one of u can help me~

8D9424D71CD498FEE47BCA06647DCDF153327B8E

On 10/31/2020 at 6:34 AM, ShyWolfie said:

I seem to have an issue with this mod. I bought Sims 4 about steam today and wanted to play it with mods. I installed the wicked whims mod into the right folder (downloaded it today). Now when i want to try useing the mod it gives me this orange pop up message saying "Wicked whims expetions.txt created" and then the wicked whims totally turns off and i cannot use it till i restart the game. i can only use the settings tab. i tryed already running the game in administrator mode and i tryed some of the outher fixes above but nothing helped sadly.

Hi! Did you find solution to this? Because until now I'm having this problem. I have updated everything related to WW.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, ShyWolfie said:

Ok the usual.....it is in documents/ea/sims4/mods?.....you did unzip/extract the files? you don't have duplicate ww files? ww script file only 1 folder deep?