Backpack Containers LL Patch

View File

Description

This is a compatibility and QOL patch for Backpack Containers by BusinessGoose.

I originally made this patch for personal use as I play with a carry weight limited game and wanted a way to access my pack more easily and make the way the pack works more immersive when the player undresses (or is stripped). Since it seems to work well I thought I'd see if anyone else finds it useful.

Patch Features

For Players

• Holding down the Left Alt key when using the drop backpack key will open the backpack after it is unequipped and equip it again when you close it's container menu. The backpack will not auto open if you are in combat or swimming.
  • When you (or anyone else!) unequips your body armor or clothing your backpack will also be unequipped and placed on the ground beside you. 
  • Integration with  Sexlab Survival - Your equipped backpack will be searched for contraband and items will be stolen from your backpacks if left unattended
  • Equipping a new backpack whilst your old one is on the ground will convert the "old" backpack into a static container
  • Returning to the old backpack and emptying it will place the old backpack item back in your inventory removing it from the world
  • Up to 10 "abandoned" backpacks are supported , if an 11th pack is abandoned the oldest "abandoned" backpack and it's contents will be deleted! 
  • Your equipped backpack will drop to the ground if you enter bleedout - this feature can be toggled off in the MCM

For Modders

• Added a lightweight dependency free method to access the items in an equipped backpack.

Spoiler

;NB Allow a few seconds on each game load to allow the mod to resync the backpack before running a check. Remember to check the Backpack state by reloading the  StorageUtil FormValue each time you are going to do something with it or you may find your mod interacting with a backpack dumped miles away in the wilderness!

ObjectReference Backpack = StorageUtil.GetFormValue(PlayerRef, "_BC_Backpack_Container") as ObjectReference
    If Backpack
        ;Backpack is equipped and contains items - you can use the Backpack container objectreference as you would any other
    Else
        ;Backpack empty/not equipped or Mod is not installed
    EndIf

Requirements LE/SE

Backpack Containers V1.0 LE  - Compatible with SE   

PapyrusUtil LE V3.3+ / SL V3.9+

Recommended for the full limited inventory/backpack experience

Realistic Capacity LE / SE

Installation/Uninstall

Install with your Mod Manager and allow the patch to overwrite the original files. To uninstall just remove the patch and reinstall the original mod. 

As the scripts on run on demand it should be safe to install/uninstall on a game in progress.

Upgrading

It is safe to upgrade from  V1.23+ to V2.03

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/02/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Backpack Containers, PapyrusUtil
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Guest AthenaESIV

Just wanted to say I love this mod.

I edited the original via xEdit so it does 2 things: 1 it increases carrying capacity by 200 pounds, 2 it decreases stamina by 150

Then, using Sexlab Survival, I reduce the Dragonborn's carrying capacity to 50 pounds.

This makes it so the Dragonborn is unable to carry many items unless she has a backpack... Also, it makes it so she cannot fight while wearing the backpack - so she has to drop the pack on the ground before getting into combat.

It seems tedious, but it really helps to ramp up her vulnerability, and at the same time adds a bit of realism to how she carries things. It is super easy to drop the pack and pick it up, so it leads to doing a lot of stealthy exploration and finding a place to store her pack before getting into fights.

I love the changes you made to the mod, I was trying to think of some additional tweaks to make it better but couldn't really think of any, but I hope you come up with more ways to make it lend to a sexier Skyrim... great mod, thanks!

19 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

I love the changes you made to the mod, I was trying to think of some additional tweaks to make it better but couldn't really think of any, but I hope you come up with more ways to make it lend to a sexier Skyrim... great mod, thanks!

Thank you - it's good to know that people are enjoying the tweaks. If I think of any more I'll post them here.

I haven't looked over the code but does the patch send a mod event when a backpack is equipped/unequipped? Would it be easy to implement?

So order of events would be

EQUIP

1. Backpack equipped. 

2. Set StorageUtil form

3. Send mod event

UNEQUIP

1. Backpack unequipped

2. Unset StorageUtil form

3. Send mod event.

Scratch that. Let me think about it a bit more. 

So it looks like the way I'm going to add support to Survival for this is by adding scanning of StorageUtil forms attached to the object. This should allow me to both support this patch and in future add support for things like the hidden barrel inventory that EFF uses as a follower inventory. 

So the object in your case is the player. So when the backpack is equipped you do

StorageUtil.FormListAdd(PlayerRef, "_SLS_LicenceSearchContainers", BackpackObjRef, allowDuplicate = false)

And when the backpack is unequipped/dropped etc do:

StorageUtil.FormListRemove(PlayerRef, "_SLS_LicenceSearchContainers", BackpackObjRef, allInstances = true)

Then SLS should automatically check any equipped backpacks. 

*fingers crossed*

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

So it looks like the way I'm going to add support to Survival for this is by adding scanning of StorageUtil forms attached to the object. This should allow me to both support this patch and in future add support for things like the hidden barrel inventory that EFF uses as a follower inventory. 

So the object in your case is the player. So when the backpack is equipped you do

StorageUtil.FormListAdd(PlayerRef, "_SLS_LicenceSearchContainers", BackpackObjRef, allowDuplicate = false)

And when the backpack is unequipped/dropped etc do:

StorageUtil.FormListRemove(PlayerRef, "_SLS_LicenceSearchContainers", BackpackObjRef, allInstances = true)

Then SLS should automatically check any equipped backpacks. 

*fingers crossed*

Nice and simple - perfect! 

I'll get on and add those to the patch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, just wondering if you know how one might patch other backpack mods into the original Backpack Containers mod.  Business Goose mentions that he intends to add patches for other backpack mods, but I don't see any such patches.  I cant figure out how the original mod detects the campfire backpacks in the first place. would it be as simple as addig a keyword to other backpack mods? sorry, ill ask the original author too, just wondering if you had any insights that could point me in the right direction.

thanks

1 hour ago, Phosphoribosyl said:

Hey, just wondering if you know how one might patch other backpack mods into the original Backpack Containers mod.  Business Goose mentions that he intends to add patches for other backpack mods, but I don't see any such patches.  I cant figure out how the original mod detects the campfire backpacks in the first place. would it be as simple as addig a keyword to other backpack mods? sorry, ill ask the original author too, just wondering if you had any insights that could point me in the right direction.

thanks

Afraid I haven't looked into it much at all Business Goose is definitely your best shot.

• 6 months later...
Guest AthenaESIV

I love the Backpack Containers mod, and your edits are most excellent.

I commented about it before here, but for anyone looking at the update and considering it, give it a try... It augments NSFW gameplay so well, as well as games with heavy penalties to the Dragonborn's stats. Use xEdit to change the stats on backpacks as I described above, basically forcing you to keep your inventory organized and drop your pack to the ground in combat.

Thanks for the update, multipacks will be interesting.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, effrenatus said:

How can I get back stuff that was stolen from my backpack? It was in Breezehome, do I have to gut Lydia now?

BC (and this patch) don't steal items from your container. I know that Sexlab Survival does - are you running that? If so check in the Survival support topic.

One feature i always wanted with backpacks is a quick 'unload' feature where it drops the backpack and dumps all your inventory into it along with armor

So if your going skinny dipping or other things you can quick dump and get undreased all in one swoop, then activate the pack again to re-equip all again

Another feature i thought would be cool if campfire is installed into have the pack on the ground act abit like the tents and display items around it

So part of the quick dump it puts weapons around the pack armor to one side some potions ect so if you wanted you can quick grab things from there

Specially if you have one of these mods that lets you equip from the world like 'Just do it'

How difficult would something like that be to implement?

Also there is this sweet backpack animation 

Although its for se it can be backported, as i used this backpack mod in se anyway, this animation could be used for your hold left feature instead if dropping on the ground

Edited by Bluestar60
16 hours ago, Bluestar60 said:

How difficult would something like that be to implement?

The quick unload/load  (strip and redress) feature is a good idea and may be possible.  I'll look at this next time I'm under the hood.

Although the gear on the ground and backpack animations would be nice to have I doubt they are worth the time to implement in the context of this QOL patch, 

15 hours ago, Bane Master said:

The quick unload/load  (strip and redress) feature is a good idea and may be possible.  I'll look at this next time I'm under the hood.

Although the gear on the ground and backpack animations would be nice to have I doubt they are worth the time to implement in the context of this QOL patch, 

I mean it was more about hooking it into how a tent works in campfire so if you have campfire you add a patch witch adds the tent like functionality to the backpack when its on the ground, thats kinda it really. Its so when you mass dump onto the ground you can see some immersive visuals of your gear on the ground, all it really would be is a sort of custom tent with no sleep/laydown option but instead has the container options of the back now.

This would only be part of the mass dump option, you would still be able to put the pack on the ground normally. It would be nice to be able to mass dump if you have you backpack on or if its on the ground, mass dump when wearing the backpack could be like shift-backpack key or if the pack is on the ground you look at it and shift-e or something like that

Anyway thanks for considering the unload feature, the ground objects idea has just been something iv wanted for ages. Just kinda had like a vision of going skinny dipping where you unload your gear onto the ground go for a dip come back up and load back up, but have this process all automatic and look immersive for roleplay. Just thought of piggybacking of campfires feature for this

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I had a thought about one of the features i had requested

Using immersive equipment displays, if the backpack on the ground was an actor instead of a container we can use the display feature of IED to have the backpack mesh and many other objects displayed on the 'backpack actor'. Using the display ini of IED we can manually move the visible mesh of the backpack to be at the feet of the actor, have the actor invisible with no ai package so it dosnt move. It now looks like a backpack on the floor, having the backpack as an actor we can now have IED show other objects next to the backpack if its in the actors inventory. You dont need to add this yourself as we users can easily expand the IED ini for this

If the actor is set as a corpse we can even use quick loot with the backpack on the ground and also drag it around and position it wherever we want, as a corpse we would make the visible backpack at the chest so it is using the torso section of the ragdoll for being able to drag the backpack around.

Maybe having the backpack as a actor we can have more backpacks in the world. Every time we equip a new backpack when already wearing one it makes a new duplicate actor empties its inventory and uses that actor for the new pack. Could maybe use SPID and KID to place a noneplayable object onto each 'backpackactor' that has a identifier keyword. Example: A misc item called Backpack_Marker and we have KID inject a keyword = backpack_001 ect. With each backpack a 'marker' is added with the next keyword number and so one. We use KID again to inject the same keyword on the worn backpack object, so now the script could match the warn backpack with the corresponding 'backpackactor' knowing which belongs to which. The limiter now is just how many keywords in succession there is, you can make say 100 keywords and the system uses as many till it runs out. we could then open xedit and add more to expand the count if we wanted. Why 100, why not in a way this system could expand into not just backpacks but any portable container. Could have pouches, sacks carriable crates. Based on this have a barrel or create we pickup the object goes to our inventory and we have IED show a visible create/barrel and have an animation play like the anim used for carrying logs in vanilla.

That is just an example of the idea, but mainly the idea is to actually simplify the scripting and utilize these other mods as tools. For example the backpack dosnt need to be equip to have it visible, use IED and have it make the backpack visible even when its not equip in the players inventory. You could then remove the script forcing the backpack to be equip when its in the players inventory and this also frees up a wearable slot for other armor and reduces a scripting function for the sake of optimization. IED has conditions available where you can have the backpacks visibility change based on say a scripting condition like your left alt feature. To top it off you could make the script work of a keyword on the backpack and not have a script on the backpack object itself, instead have some background script/perk look out for any object in the players inventory containing a keyword 'usable backpack'

We can now add add this keyword to any backpack form any mod, and ofcorse we would have to setup an IED ini for the backpack(of which we can copy and edit the base backpacks ini) This would mean for any of us to add new backpacks we wouldnt need to make esp edits but instead make a KID ini injecting keywords onto mod added backpacks and make a IED ini for the display functions, making expanding this system super easy and requires no messing with esps ect

Im suggesting this as a QOL as it will add alot of usability for others to add and expand on the mod, for example i can do the pouches and sacks and carriable crates
If you did the IED ini that just displayed the backpack on the 'backpackactor' then i could add more to the ini to have it show more objects when the backpack is on the ground ect

So it would only need to be the bare minimum of a framework so that it could be used to add any of my examples

Anyway rambled abit but i hope the idea comes across okay

10 hours ago, Blue Nightmare said:

Anyway rambled abit but i hope the idea comes across okay

It came across fine - thanks for giving it so much thought

Tbh I'm not likely to do much more work on this patch other then bug fixing - however if you want to take the idea forward using the patch as your base that's fine.

2 hours ago, UltraRanger said:

Hi could you consider making the items in your backpack have less weight?

The backpacks give you a +50 carry weight when equipped. I'm not planning to add any other weight allowance but you could easily edit the effect to increase this if you wanted.

Edited by Bane Master
  • 5 months later...
54 minutes ago, effrenatus said:

Hello!

Can you say if this mod Campfire Backpacks to NPCs - SPID will distribute the correct backpack (yours)?

I just wonder if it would use the one from the original mod with a different ID or something like that.

Thanks in advance for clarification!

BC (and my patch) are only intended for player use - they won't work as containers on NPCS