Skyrim crashing on new save.

KInGmurr4y

Hi, my Skyrim is crashing whenever I start a new save file, it crashes before it loads into the game. I have crash fixes and all the standard crash fix mods, i'm not new modding but i can't figure this out. Papyrus is useless and I don't understand the crashfix logs.

I added my load order text file, I would have done modwatch but its not working at the moment so i can't upload to the server. 

I know the most simple solution is to simply re-install the mods, or go through them one-by-one but I really don't wanna do that since i have over 300 of them installed(only 243 plugins, don't worry thats not the issue).

Thanks in advance

loadorder.txt

EDIT: I fixed the issue, i was over the animation limit, there's actually mod that prevents that crash now on the nexus. Its called animation crash limit fix LE incase anyone is interested

do you use ENB? did you configure your enblocal.ini and CrashFixPlugin.ini correctly?
Try teleporting to qasmoke from the main menu to check if ctd still occurs, probably it has to be a conflict between mods although im not an expert modder but everytime i got ctd in the past while saving/creating new savegames files i ended up deactivating half of my mods and checking what mod cause CTD.

14 hours ago, tygct said:

do you use ENB? did you configure your enblocal.ini and CrashFixPlugin.ini correctly?
Try teleporting to qasmoke from the main menu to check if ctd still occurs, probably it has to be a conflict between mods although im not an expert modder but everytime i got ctd in the past while saving/creating new savegames files i ended up deactivating half of my mods and checking what mod cause CTD.

Yeah I use an ENB, everything is set up correctly. I've tried teleporting to qasmoke and I still get a ctd. I gonna just have to re-install my mods I think. Oh well. 

15 hours ago, KInGmurr4y said:

I have crash fixes and all the standard crash fix mods,

All which mods?

Have you got Load Game CTD Fix?

Has this just started happening or was the game previously working normally?

What do you mean by a 'new save'?

CTD on load can be a missing master - Crash Fixes and your mod manager should tell you if that is the case. Also too many animations can be the cause. The third cause can be the problem with multi-core CPUs hence my reference to Load Game CTD Fix which sorts that.

So you can load into Skyrim via an existing save but it crashes on trying to create a new save?

Odd, I mean it does happen to me occasionally but it's very rare. My normal issue is sometimes being unable to load into a save without first using an auto or quick save then loading up the latest save. No idea why that works.

I'd actually remove mods one at a time and then use an older save that predated this issue.

Also just wanted to add, from what I've read, Papyrus logs are pretty much useless for diagnosing crashes as they were never designed for that function and, unless you are creating your own mod, you should really turn the logging off.

18 hours ago, KInGmurr4y said:

Hi, my Skyrim is crashing whenever I start a new save file, it crashes before it loads into the game. I have crash fixes and all the standard crash fix mods, i'm not new modding but i can't figure this out. Papyrus is useless and I don't understand the crashfix logs.

I added my load order text file, I would have done modwatch but its not working at the moment so i can't upload to the server. 

I know the most simple solution is to simply re-install the mods, or go through them one-by-one but I really don't wanna do that since i have over 300 of them installed(only 243 plugins, don't worry thats not the issue).

Thanks in advance

loadorder.txt 5.7 kB · 2 downloads

Doesn't iHud conflicts with SkyUI and FrostFall ? did you run LOOT? , I believe your load order is kinda messed up.

In my setup, for example, I always load DD Expansion before DD Integration, and SkyUI & fnis plugin right after the master files (.esm)

also check if you surpassed the skyrim animation limit.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Have you got Load Game CTD Fix?

I have that yeah

Has this just started happening or was the game previously working normally?

I haven't played in a little but it was working fine as far as i remember 

What do you mean by a 'new save'?

I started a new game, is what i meant to say 

CTD on load can be a missing master - Crash Fixes and your mod manager should tell you if that is the case. Also too many animations can be the cause. The third cause can be the problem with multi-core CPUs hence my reference to Load Game CTD Fix which sorts that.

It's not a missing master, it could be too many animations I suppose but normal there's a window that say if that's the case, well for me anyways. 

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

So you can load into Skyrim via an existing save but it crashes on trying to create a new save?

Odd, I mean it does happen to me occasionally but it's very rare. My normal issue is sometimes being unable to load into a save without first using an auto or quick save then loading up the latest save. No idea why that works.

I'd actually remove mods one at a time and then use an older save that predated this issue.

Also just wanted to add, from what I've read, Papyrus logs are pretty much useless for diagnosing crashes as they were never designed for that function and, unless you are creating your own mod, you should really turn the logging off.

Oh no i can't load into Skyrim at all, probably should have made that a bit clearer . Probably gonna remove various that could be the issue, see what happens. 

Yeah papyrus logs are useless, gonna turn off logging i think

53 minutes ago, tygct said:

Doesn't iHud conflicts with SkyUI and FrostFall ? did you run LOOT? , I believe your load order is kinda messed up.

In my setup, for example, I always load DD Expansion before DD Integration, and SkyUI & fnis plugin right after the master files (.esm)

also check if you surpassed the skyrim animation limit.

No iHUD isn't a conflict, i've used it for years. Yeah i've run loot multiple times, always do when i'm modding. my load order is almost certainly fucked but its always worked in the past.

It could be the animation limit I think, might turn off some animation mods

Archived