Instinct Program V.030c (24/03/2013)

Howdy Y'all,

Alako, to her current and future misadventure, has allowed me to help with the editing of this story/game. 

This is just a quick update on editing status for the folks eagerly awaiting the next version.

The primary edits are now submitted to the author, some of the edits have been implemented into the game already and we are working together to reach consensus on the others. I expect that you should all have a much smoother ride going through the story next time. A lot of thought and conversation has gone into improving the continuity of scenes and enhancing the depth of emotional context.

About myself, some folks have accused me of using too much alliteration, I say that's nothing but niggling nonsense, naysayers! (I'll stop here, before the Knights get involved).

--CB

Reinstalled RAGS (2.4.0.0 version) and re downloaded the demo. Still get the same error message

If you are running windows 7 or vista, try starting the RAGS player with admin permissions then open the game.

Had to install the 2.3 version and upgrade to the 2.4 version just to get the game to work.

Slight note on game play though. The different options during encounters could be a bit bigger.

Reinstalled RAGS (2.4.0.0 version) and re downloaded the demo. Still get the same error message

If you are running windows 7 or vista, try starting the RAGS player with admin permissions then open the game.

Had to install the 2.3 version and upgrade to the 2.4 version just to get the game to work.

Slight note on game play though. The different options during encounters could be a bit bigger.

When you say they could be a bit bigger, what do you mean?  More options to choose from, or longer scenes?

-CB

I tried the demo version today and enjoyed it quite a lot. I like how you managed to make the city feels so unsafe, even for a police officer. Hopefully upcoming versions won't have too much combat in them, as dialogue and sex scenes are my favorites.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to play new versions. ;)

@annika

The next section will be mainly about the main quest. So...there will be lots problem solving and combat. However, if you want to play the low MH route, you can always try to max out your mental corruption and skip most of the main quest. On the other hand, I will also update the city by adding side quests. You can also use the extra income to fix the VR glasses as well.  :lol:

Good News

My editor work hard to go over nearly 30K amount of text and polished most of the scenes. So here is a bug/text fix version of the game. Also, many people have problems finding some of the scenes, so I added a basic walkthrough of the game.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8my7ehjg5yg5o44
Walkthrough: http://alakogames.blogspot.ca/p/beta-walkthrough.html

Bad News:

For the past 2-3 months, I have been spending nearly all my free time working on the game. After hundreds hours, I am getting pretty tired. More importantly, there are lots real life stuff I have to deal with. Therefore, I won't be working on the game much for the next two months. I will still update the blog occasionally to let you guys know what's going on, but there won't be any significant progress till summer (unless I win the lotto or something :P).

When it comes to size, since it looked a bit small on my 22 inch widescreen (1920 x 1080 Display Resolution)

If you are talking about text size, that is an option you can control through the RAGS player.  Just go to Edit->Adjust Font

That only affects the left side text and not the right side text (during encounter/conversation options)

When it comes to size, since it looked a bit small on my 22 inch widescreen (1920 x 1080 Display Resolution)

If you are talking about text size, that is an option you can control through the RAGS player.  Just go to Edit->Adjust Font

That only affects the left side text and not the right side text (during encounter/conversation options)

After looking, there is a setting that could work to change that, but it would affect all users equally.  Something to consider when Alako is 'back in the office'.

Sorry to hear about real life events interferring.  I hate it when that happens.  Which is why I try to avoid real life as much as possible.  :P

Take your time.  I'm just glad you are still going to work on the game at some point. With (hopefully) these new NWN coming out (again, hopefully) soon, we can get our fill of those and come back to your game at a later point. 

And look forward to future adventures for our PC in your game. 

Sorry to hear about real life events interferring.  I hate it when that happens.  Which is why I try to avoid real life as much as possible.

Gladiatrix III, Celeritas Eos, Demon Heart, and a few RAGS games should be able to fill your summer. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Alako, I been working hard on my game, and the more I work the more I am impressed by how polished your game is.

I now understand how you need a break after doing a long session. I have reduced the hours I work on it a day to prevent a burn out. At least the good news is that I scripted the first path to an end point for the first chapter. It needs some major touch ups but the framework is done for that path. I decided to get the major events done first, then work on the finer details.

As for your update, I like your new pace and length of your scenes.

@XJ347

Yeah...RAGS is not a really good engine and some player might not realize how much work I need to put in just to add some dialogues base on condition. It's probably a good idea to pace yourself to avoid getting burnout. I am looking forward to your release. ^_^ 

Seems the mediafire link on the first page is down. The link on your blog works though just not the one in this thread it's being blocked by mefiafire.

File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

People really should remember that stuff like this can't go up on MediaFire.

I really don't see what the violation is. The rar has 1 file in it. Looks like I was lucky and got it from the blog before it was blocked as well. I don't use mediafail much if at all anymore why use it when mega is 10X better then it. Game looks pretty good a bit confusing at what to do at times. Made it to the 2nd area so far.