Instinct Program V.030c (24/03/2013)

Week 5 update!

Took half of a week off being lazy and hiding in my bed this week, but still manage to finish up all the drinking events and random dialogues of NPC around town. I find out that a lot of the optional stuff in the game is actually quite hidden. Normally, there are only 3 outcomes from getting drunk, but if you fulfill some prerequisites, there will be 2 surprises..... =] Nevertheless, I don't think you guys will keep getting Adeline drunk every time something happen in the game if you have no idea something is hidden there. I guess I probably will release a walkthrough later on.

Other than the final stage of the main quest, nearly everything is done right now, but I would like to add a mini quest or two in the game before releasing it. Since my editor is busy at the moment and probably won't finish going through my writing for another 2 weeks, I guess adding them won't delay the release.

Planning – 95%
System Coding – 99%
Story writing – 90%
Picture hunting – 95%

I look forward to this! I regularly look for new Rags/Inform/Tads games on Hypnopics collective and like a few others I get tired of the "you're the dude enslaving the women" stories and prefer the Damsels in Distress stories so your game is right up my alley and considering that Tales of the Drunken Cowboy is one of my favorite in progress games I look forward to seeing what you do. I hope you also took some inspiration from Rough Landing as those games are pretty good too!

@Sparlimb

Although RAGS has it's limitation, I really like how easy it is to learn. Hopefully I could build something that can be compared with those two games.

@Riggswolfe

TotDC is actually what inspired me to make my own game and it's pretty much my favorite text base adult game. =]

Week 6 Update!

This should be the last few days of the development for the demo. There are still some coding issue I need to figure out, but it shouldn't take too long to do. After that I will have to wait for my editor to look over my text and beta testers to find out all the major bugs. So fingers cross that the demo will be out in around mid March.

Planning – 99% ??
System Coding – 99% ??
Story writing – 99% ??
Picture hunting – 99% ??

Short Update! 

The game is pretty much done at this point. It is now in the hands of the beta testers and a awesome new editor I found. Depending on how many problems they manage to find, the game will be release sometime next week. =]

After so many random people making small games such as yours alako and giving random joy to everyone with your dreams, well you can say that you have inspired me to make a try of my own.

I am not a programmer but I know about the basics of coding, so I will nowhere near be as fast but one day... Started some story boarding, and introducing myself with RAGS coding so far. 

Just wanted to say thanks for your work and the inspiration. Ok sappy moment over back to work!

@XJ347

Wow! You just fulfilled one of my goals of my little project! :D I wish more people will try their hands on making a small game like this.

If you run into any coding problem, feel free to pm me. Rags is very easy to learn. It's just a bit buggy.

Just finished a full-MH, tough cop playthrough of the demo, and I have to say, this is great - especially like the consequent use of choices to allow for RP.

Noticed one minor bug though - The First Aid Nanobots Injector is always at 1/3, even after you use it or buy more (usage and buying additional ones are correctly prevented when you have 0 and 3 respectively, so this is just a display bug).

Looking forward to the next release (maybe with more chances of Adele to get into trouble via losing in combat? ;-))

@kagarus 

I am glad you like it. :)

That's really weird @_@, because it does work in my save. If you want to do a low-MH playthrough, can you check if the bug is still there? If not , it's just RAGS going crazy for no reason...again...=__="

Next release will be all about puzzle and combat. The one after that will be city exploration mix with new dangers around town.

@kagarus 

I am glad you like it. :)

That's really weird @_@, because it does work in my save. If you want to do a low-MH playthrough, can you check if the bug is still there? If not , it's just RAGS going crazy for no reason...again...=__="

Next release will be all about puzzle and combat. The one after that will be city exploration mix with new dangers around town.

Ok, this is even weirder - I just finished my low-MH playthrough, and continued to have the problem. Then I closed the rags runner and started it again and it works now (including for my old saves) :huh:

Not sure what could've caused it, but since it's a minor annoyance at best and can be fixed by restarting...

Keep up the great work

I get an error message  when I try to play the demo. "Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable"

One likely reason is that you didn't download the file and save in your pc. Instead you open the file direct when you download. Rags file have to be save to pc instead to run. =]

Nope, have it saved on the computer

Let me go ask around for you, cause i seen that before... Meanwhile, try reinstall RAGS, make sure it's 2.4.0.0 and try redownload my game. It's also possble that that it has to do with window media player...maybe you can google that. Good luck! :)

After playing the demo, all I can say is WOW! That was incredible! The text, characters, even the images (which are usually not that great in RAGS games. Tales of the Drunken Cowboy is an example) were very well done! One thing though, is there any way to know how many credits you have? If not, then it'd be great if that could be implemented. Also, is there any way to afford the crowbar aside from winning the card game?