.dll and Papyrus issues after Skyrim/SKSE Update

It's been a while since I last played Skyrim, so I go through the usual routine of updating everything, including SKSE, and am now greeted with a slew of errors upon launching both Vortex and the game itself. Ingame, SOS, among other mods, reports requiring at least version 3.3 of Papyrus (I have 3.8), and Vortex reports several .dll issues which didn't exist before, shown in the image below. The entire forums doesn't seem to be ablaze with reports, so I'd guess this is limited to just me. It's out of my league though, anyone have any ideas? I'm using Vortex and LOOT in addition to the latest SKSE and game version.

Snip.PNG

What about the part where you actually update the mods?

• AnimSpeedPlugin.dll: the author of separate orgasm can't update that dll, so he recommends to just delete it.
  • CrashFixPlugin.dll: this is a LE plugin, are you really using it in Skyrim SE?
  • DeviousDevices.dll: there is a new All in one installer in the DD SE Beta thread, it contains the updated dll.
  • DP_Extender.dll: there is an update for this file in the download section of CACO for Skyrim SE
  • ExATKDataPlugin.dll: same as above.
  • MagExtender: same as above.
  • Fuz Ro D'oh.dll: again, this is a LE plugin, the SE version is 1.7.
  • hdt...dll: go to that chinese website and get the latest version, I guess.
  • LoadGameFix.dll: another LE plugin. Great.
  • PapyrusUtil.dll: this one comes from sexlab framework 1.63 beta 7, latest version is 1.63 beta 8. Just a number but it makes a huge difference, believe me.
  • SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll: 1.1.4 is the latest one, again a single number in the mod version will solve all your issues. Update.
  • SexLabUtil.dll: same as papyrusutil.dll, just update to sexlab framework 1.63 beta 8.

Remove Crash Fixes and Load Game CTD Fix, these are for LE only and won't work at all in SE. Remove that Fuz Ro D'oh version and get the one for Skyrim SE. And if you have PapyrusUtil installed as a separate mod make sure its loaded after Sexlab Framework, otherwise the version from sexlab will overwrite the standalone version.

PapyrusUtil.dll from SexLab can also be safely overwritten with the latest Papyrus Util from Nexus.

(SexLab only updates the included version when SexLab itselfs gets updated)

for HTD SMP I suggest the following:

- keep the XML configs

- remove DLL included in BadDog Hoodies (it is for LE)

- remove Chinese DLLs

- install aers fork, it includes stability and performance updates (framework and physics are combined into one file)

If you use HDT HighHeels, only download the HH file from here and use aers DLL as it has the framework included.

Or use NiOverride HighHeels.

13 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

What about the part where you actually update the mods?

That's definitely my bad. I didn't even bother to check the mod pages, believing them to be abandoned after not seeing the "Last Updated" date change in over a year.

In regards to the LE mods, I'll check out how those leaked in. I probably ended up on the legacy pages either on here or on Nexus without realizing it.

Thanks for taking the time to debug the human element to all this, turns out I'm finally the user error.

Archived