All mods stopped working

Durante

Game was working fine yesterday. Loaded up Skyrim today and mods no longer work on new game, trying to load an old save gives the message:

Missing files: Dawnguard.esm Dragonborn.esm Hearthfire.esm and many other esm's...

Nexus mod manager shows all of the mentioned "missing" plugins as activated.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Is something pointing at the wrong place? Your SKSE Loader shortcut or whatever you use to start the game?

I use SKSE loader to start the game, the shortcut seems to be fine, I even tried to start the game through Steam version of SKSE.

Just a theory but I think it might have to do with Skyrim.esm and update.esm missing from Skyrim vanilla launcher. I remember having a similar/same problem a  year back, but unfortunately I don't recall how I solved it.

30 minutes ago, Durante said:

I think it might have to do with Skyrim.esm and update.esm missing from Skyrim vanilla launcher.

Strange. I just checked in my TESV Launcher and Skyrim.esm and Update.esm aren't there. Never noticed it before but there again I seldom go near the vanilla launcher.

47 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Strange. I just checked in my TESV Launcher and Skyrim.esm and Update.esm aren't there. Never noticed it before but there again I seldom go near the vanilla launcher.

Eh, you're probably right. Those were missing on NMM. I'm out of ideas since I didn't do any major changes recently.

Edit:  I had over 500 plugins. Reducing them solved the problem.

Archived