Killmove creation project, need help

Hazraogh6

Hello everyone,

I"m trying to implement new killmoves animations to the game and I need help. :) The actor dies, I finally made it but , as you can see  in the video, he is going away xD And he is supposed to stay where it was. Anybody can help , please ? If  I succeed I will create a tutorial and assets for other players to create their own killmoves. This is still an animation replacement of the klllmoves already in game, I didn't   figured out yet how to implement new ones.

You will need people a lot more knowledgeable than me to pitch in, but maybe this would provide a starting point in the discussion

I have tried to look up paired kills in CK, this is all I could find:

image.thumb.png.788fd9abd4cfdc8de716af46e8979e43.png

That should be the whole list of paired kills (human). Problem is, it does not specify the hkx files, nor any duration.

Based on your vid, at least one thing that I think is wrong is your animation duration. You have replaced an existing hkx file, but I believe the game expects that that particular animation event should have a specific duration, and your animation is shorter, hence the delayed death (the guard falls down, stays down a couple of seconds, then dies)

Problem is that I cannot find anywhere in CK the definition for that "anim event", no idea what parameters does it have. Nor do I know how to trigger an animation event.

My first suggestion is to make your hkx have the exact same time duration of the hkx you are replacing. Beyond that, I simply don't know.

I have no idea why the target actor glides away, beats me.

How did you manage to trigger the specific killmove you are trying to mod? Or have you replaced all the knife killmove hkxs? Because there's at least a couple of knife killmoves

Also, I would move this thread to https://www.loverslab.com/forum/83-request-find-fallout-4-non-adult-mods/, there you are likely to find a more mod-oriented audience

4 hours ago, Hazraogh6 said:

Hello everyone,

I"m trying to implement new killmoves animations to the game and I need help. :) The actor dies, I finally made it but , as you can see  in the video, he is going away xD And he is supposed to stay where it was. Anybody can help , please ? If  I succeed I will create a tutorial and assets for other players to create their own killmoves. This is still an animation replacement of the klllmoves already in game, I didn't   figured out yet how to implement new ones.

I had a friend who modded me 100% always killmoves in Skyrim. At the right button push, a random killmove would always happen. Would not play Skyrim without it. I have tried without success to set up the same here. I welcome anyone who can add more killmoves to a pretty sparse inventory now. 

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I had a friend who modded me 100% always killmoves in Skyrim. At the right button push, a random killmove would always happen. Would not play Skyrim without it. I have tried without success to set up the same here. I welcome anyone who can add more killmoves to a pretty sparse inventory now. 

This is not related to the OP's issue, but there are mods on Nexus that alter the killmove frequency and conditions

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12673/?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13370/?tab=description

(and it does help deleting huge images when quoting :) )

Archived