Useful modding resources (knowledge base)

Compiling here a list of links to various modding topics I've struggled with at some point or another (mostly scripting, but not only) - hopefully will be of use to anyone looking for the same answers at some point or another

^^detect if it is actually your mod triggering AAF_API, or it's an independent sex scene

^^use Return to force exit a function or event

^^how to properly call a function from a mod / quest (applied example: doppelgang the player using AAF_API)

^^how to build a basic mod which picks two random actors from the game and does some (sex) stuff (using timers)

^^how to build a patch esp (for a quest mod)

^^reliable way of scripting NPCs to sit furnitures and stay there (without sandboxing away)

On 5/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, SAC said:

Also - how did you manage to insert small pics into your post? :) I don't like that I post large images but I don't know how to make them small(er)

Double-click the picture while you are posting or editing the post, and you can set the size.  I usually use 300 pixels horizontal

^^how to stop spamming LL threads with page-width screenshots and make them small instead

^^using test cells to speed up game reloads while testing script mods

^^how to script-apply overlays (e.g. tattoos) using AAF_API

^^how to build a cloak spell which applies scripts automatically to all surrounding NPCs (e.g. use this and AAF_API to apply random tattoo overlays to all NPCs without messing with the body textures)

^^how to attach an animation to a furniture (by Vader, download the pdf at the end of the post to get the full guide including pictures)

• 1 year later...

Firing a function ongameload() skyrim

1. have a quest with the player in a referencealias

2. add the desired function to the quest

image.thumb.png.b527179abb6075f4a73b127583653fc4.png

image.thumb.png.55f31dbf3fdf3a3540e1d10af131a06e.png

3. have the player alias fire the function

image.png.f10fc091925da53140d4bfa9ea2513e9.png

image.png.8a15b500d5fecee6b57ac6abdb0aa6f4.png

Kudos to @Kharos and OnPlayerLoadGame - Actor - Creation Kit

Bonus: get all surrounding actors when loading the game, and do stuff on them https://www.loverslab.com/topic/16485-solved-findrandomactorfromrefck/?tab=comments#comment-372033