Looking for ways to streamline testing scripted mods

My current process of testing scripted mods is extremely tedious and time consuming, due to

- long savegame loading times

- the need to reload a savegame every time I change and re-compile a script(ed object)

So, to address this:

- does anyone have a simple savegame with a simple test cell, which I presume would load (hopefully a lot) faster than a normal open-world savegame?

- is there any way to not have to exit and reload the game in order to get an updated scripted object in-game - idk, maybe reloading just the relevant esp while in-game?

Thanks!

The best  way, would be to have a software emulator, something that would mimic the game in progress.

Do you think Bethesda would be kind enough to lend you a copy of their development software??  ??

The Test cells are  probably a good place to test objects, not sure about scripts.

They are used by developers to test the functionality of various aspects of gameplay.

I think these are the ones I have come across.  Each DLC has its own test cell too.  Enter and exit via console command.

Colonial's department store (coc prewartvstudio)

CTEST   (coc quicktestfile )

Terminals & holotapes, o my! (coc zusedsubwayterminalshowcase )

Tunnels  ( coc qasmoke  to exit, use coc sanctuaryext )

I am not sure if this helps, I am a big fan of your work.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, dharvinia said:

The best  way, would be to have a software emulator, something that would mimic the game in progress.

Do you think Bethesda would be kind enough to lend you a copy of their development software??  ??

The Test cells are  probably a good place to test objects, not sure about scripts.

They are used by developers to test the functionality of various aspects of gameplay.

I think these are the ones I have come across.  Each DLC has its own test cell too.  Enter and exit via console command.

Colonial's department store (coc prewartvstudio)

CTEST   (coc quicktestfile )

Terminals & holotapes, o my! (coc zusedsubwayterminalshowcase )

Tunnels  ( coc qasmoke  to exit, use coc sanctuaryext )

I am not sure if this helps, I am a big fan of your work.

Just got back from a short holiday, this is an excellent idea! A quick test, using qasmoke, loads in ~30 seconds vs my regular save which loads in 1m40s - this is a lot better! Will test the other test cells too. Thank you!

On 5/6/2019 at 11:38 PM, SAC said:

Just got back from a short holiday, this is an excellent idea! A quick test, using qasmoke, loads in ~30 seconds vs my regular save which loads in 1m40s - this is a lot better! Will test the other test cells too. Thank you!

CTEST loads in 15 .. 20sec. Wonderful!!

Archived