Crash on save

Hello LoversLab! 

A few weeks ago I've downloaded Perfectly Moded Skyrim mod pack and put on in some LL mods to make it "fit" to my taste. And everything was working just fine and great but then when I decided to finish Dawnguard DLC my game started to crash on save. I've browsed the internet and people said that my save file is corrupted and I need to load older save and then try to save. So I did it and lost not so much because only 30/40 minutes of gameplay but after killing Arch-Curate Vyrthur and trying to save...my game crashes again! I don't know what to do because even if I load my oldest save and speed run like 2/3 hours of gameplay my Skyrim ALWAYS crashes (on this character) when I try to save after fight with Vyrthur.

Thanks for any advices

7 hours ago, Just your friend said:

Hello LoversLab! 

A few weeks ago I've downloaded Perfectly Moded Skyrim mod pack and put on in some LL mods to make it "fit" to my taste. And everything was working just fine and great but then when I decided to finish Dawnguard DLC my game started to crash on save. I've browsed the internet and people said that my save file is corrupted and I need to load older save and then try to save. So I did it and lost not so much because only 30/40 minutes of gameplay but after killing Arch-Curate Vyrthur and trying to save...my game crashes again! I don't know what to do because even if I load my oldest save and speed run like 2/3 hours of gameplay my Skyrim ALWAYS crashes (on this character) when I try to save after fight with Vyrthur.

Thanks for any advices

First disable any mods that prevent vanilla death. (Defeat, Naked Dungeons immortality feature, DA, etc)

Then open the command console by pressing `

type player.kill

you should die and the game will auto load the last save. 

after that you should be able to save again. 

11 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

Normally, CTD when save the game happend when load a corrupted savegame.

The other motive can be old versions of core mods like PapyrusUtil and JContainers.

Verify that you have the last version of them and none other mod overwriteit.

Put it the last in the left pane of MO, exactly over Overwrite.

7 hours ago, Corsayr said:

First disable any mods that prevent vanilla death. (Defeat, Naked Dungeons immortality feature, DA, etc)

Then open the command console by pressing `

type player.kill

you should die and the game will auto load the last save. 

after that you should be able to save again. 

Doing both worked like a charm! Thank You folks. Always knew I can count on LL community :D

Archived