Jump to content
IGNORED

Failed To Apply Patch "Layer2:PatchMRCWI"


kent998

Recommended Posts

Me too, I've tried REDELBE .07, .082, and 1.8, as I struggled with trying to figure all this out. All I do is copy the dinput8.dll file into the root of the DOA6 install directory, then the folder named REDELBE, then the contents of a zip file for a DOA6 mod into the Layer2 folder within the REDELBE folder in the game directory. That's what I'm gleaning from the various instructions. And all I ever get is the same error shown in the screenshot above. 

Link to comment

Also, clearly one canNOT just copy the contents of a zipped up mod into the Layer2 folder, because both of the mods I've been playing with include a file named mod.ini, and like The Highlander, there can be only one (er, file of a like name). Something is missing in the all too brief instructions I can find about how REDELBE is  supposed to work. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, Toolman123456 said:

Also, clearly one canNOT just copy the contents of a zipped up mod into the Layer2 folder, because both of the mods I've been playing with include a file named mod.ini, and like The Highlander, there can be only one (er, file of a like name). Something is missing in the all too brief instructions I can find about how REDELBE is  supposed to work. 

Yes, the instruction is completely insufficient.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

This error is because you are using a REDELBE version not compatible with your game version. Use latest game version and latest REDELBE version.

  REDELBE must support all previous versions of the game. All normal programs do this.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, doji64 said:

  REDELBE must support all previous versions of the game. All normal programs do this.

 

No, it "mustn't". Stop being lazy and update your game.

If every time I wanted to add a feature, I'd have to go to support around 20 version of the exes that already exist, I would rather do nothing. The best I could do is keep the older versions in the download, but that's just it.

Link to comment

@vagonumero13 thanks for all your updates . they are a lot of DLC in tecmo game DOA6.

For me , before update the game with news DLC :

i'm waiting update of REDELBE  .

i cut Layer2 , Material editor and character editor.

i erase old Redelbe and dinput8.dll

i copy new Redelbe and dinput8.dll

and i paste my folder ( Layer2 , Material editor and character editor )

i also update

Enhanced Body Shader Mod

 

IFFY's Mod All in one Pack

 

 

Enhanced Stage Mod

 

and all fix of yours exellent commuty of modders

 

Sorry for my bad grammatical english

 

THANKS FOR ALL MODDERS OF loverslab.

 

 

 

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Seriously, if you are all so bothered because of having to update REDELBE from time to time, then DON'T USE IT.

Stick to putting your files inside .rdb files, the command line version of rdbtool can do that. And have fun every time a game update rewrites the main .rdb and destroys the mod installation.

Thank you for hard work.

That's right, no one forces us to use the program REDELBE. We may not use it at all, but the problem is that not all players play constantly. And when he comes to Steam every 2 weeks and discovers that DOA6 no longer starts because REDELBE is outdated, and he needs to look for a new REDELBE because he does not remember exactly where he downloaded it, then it causes bad feelings and is an anti-advertisement for this modding.
Program AUTOLINK was more convenient in this regard, it could be installed once and forget about constant updates.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, LIVEALIVЕ said:

Thank you for hard work.

That's right, no one forces us to use the program REDELBE. We may not use it at all, but the problem is that not all players play constantly. And when he comes to Steam every 2 weeks and discovers that DOA6 no longer starts because REDELBE is outdated, and he needs to look for a new REDELBE because he does not remember exactly where he downloaded it, then it causes bad feelings and is an anti-advertisement for this modding.
Program AUTOLINK was more convenient in this regard, it could be installed once and forget about constant updates.

 

 

If you don't want to update, then don't use layer 2 mods and delete the file "Layer2.xml". Without it, REDELBE will survive more than 90% of updates. Use only replacers or convert them to replacers, which is easy (Pasting Material into MaterialEditor, and Character in CharacterEditor).

 

But layer2 requires patches in the games. And patches in the game break when TN toys with the source code too much, there is no way around it, REDELBE already has a signature based system that allows it to survive several game updates, but when they specifically touch the functions that are patched, there is no way to circumvent that, as the compiler will tipically shift registers or change stack usage.

 

And stop comparing to Autolink. Autolink works in a different way in a totally different engine. For example, in this game the detail variation is based on textures, not on meshes, and cannot be used to inject costumes.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

 

But layer2 requires patches in the games. And patches in the game break when TN toys with the source code too much, there is no way around it, REDELBE already has a signature based system that allows it to survive several game updates, but when they specifically touch the functions that are patched, there is no way to circumvent that, as the compiler will tipically shift registers or change stack usage.

 

 

Is it possible to make the program Redelbe itself check at the start of the game whether it is able to work with this version of the game?  If not, the program Redelbe should shut down and disable all mods so as not to cause the crash of the game. At the same time, it may display a message that the program Redelbe needs to be updated. It would also be very good if the program would update itself at startup, but probably this is already too great a request. :) 

Thanks!

 

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Rose97 said:

Is it possible to make the program Redelbe itself check at the start of the game whether it is able to work with this version of the game?  If not, the program Redelbe should shut down and disable all mods so as not to cause the crash of the game. At the same time, it may display a message that the program Redelbe needs to be updated. It would also be very good if the program would update itself at startup, but probably this is already too great a request. :) 

Thanks!

 

thus done in DOAHDM

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Rose97 said:

Is it possible to make the program Redelbe itself check at the start of the game whether it is able to work with this version of the game?  If not, the program Redelbe should shut down and disable all mods so as not to cause the crash of the game. At the same time, it may display a message that the program Redelbe needs to be updated. It would also be very good if the program would update itself at startup, but probably this is already too great a request. :) 

Thanks!

 

 

Technically a crash doesn't happen, when a patch fail, REDELBE just causes the process to exit, because keeping the game partially patched could cause later a real crash or inestability in game, as some of the patches specifically need to work together (in concrete very .xml file is independent of others, but patches in a .xml file may depend of others from same .xml). But I guess the message could be improved so that users know that an update is needed. Maybe I can implement some kind of "unpatch", and let the game start without mods, but that's just it.

 

Autoupdate would require a proper server, and not sure people would be happy to have the program connect at internet at startup.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

 

Technically a crash doesn't happen, when a patch fail, REDELBE just causes the process to exit, because keeping the game partially patched could cause later a real crash or inestability in game, as some of the patches specifically need to work together (in concrete very .xml file is independent of others, but patches in a .xml file may depend of others from same .xml). But I guess the message could be improved so that users know that an update is needed. Maybe I can implement some kind of "unpatch", and let the game start without mods, but that's just it.

 

Autoupdate would require a proper server, and not sure people would be happy to have the program connect at internet at startup.

 I want HUD onn/off as in autolink  F5

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 4:44 AM, vagonumero13 said:

 

Technically a crash doesn't happen, when a patch fail, REDELBE just causes the process to exit, because keeping the game partially patched could cause later a real crash or inestability in game, as some of the patches specifically need to work together (in concrete very .xml file is independent of others, but patches in a .xml file may depend of others from same .xml). But I guess the message could be improved so that users know that an update is needed. Maybe I can implement some kind of "unpatch", and let the game start without mods, but that's just it.

 

Autoupdate would require a proper server, and not sure people would be happy to have the program connect at internet at startup.

I went ahead and deleted the "Layer 2" and "workarounds" .xml files and the game still loaded the mods... (Of course I did a direct installation and I play the game offline; currently using version 1.08 #17 and Redeble 2.1 and SaafRats Nude Mods--- ;)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...