Removing privacy from LoversBed?

I use Loversbed for both New Vegas and Oblivion. In both, I made a mod adding invisible beds and NPCs to sleep in those beds.

In Oblivion, it works great with Loversbed. People boning everywhere I want them to.

In New Vegas, the NPCs just sleep there. I've tried adjusting factions for them, adjusting AI, etc, but they never do it. Some vanilla NPCs (the gamblers in the Ultra Luxe rooms for example) still bang on their own, but no luck getting my customs to do anything out in the open.

Any idea how to adjust it so it works more like Oblivion? or any other ideas?

Lovers Bed has two settings that might be related to this one is the mcm menu that is something like (Interiors Only) that needs to be uncheck or something and the other is in one of the scripts that checks for the distance to the player that needs to be changed to 1 otherwise if your too close it won't work or they will stop (pretty sure there is info about that in the mod page's thread.)

The only other thing could be that your new invisible beds aren't detected by one of the scripts in Loversbed, it detects vanilla furniture from a list then applies scripted positioning, maybe some invisible collision markers x markers etc etc haven't looked at that code in a while. You would need to find whatever bed you copied to make invisible a vanilla supported one then add your new bed in the detection script and use the same XYZ parameters or whatever that it doing to set the height positioning of the npcs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 8:03 AM, S0urceHunter said:

I have tried adjusting the script in the creation kit, but it never saves. Any ideas for that?

Edit: Also, iirc, the beds are from the vanilla game. though it's true that they may not have the proper scripts.

Beds do not need the scripts. It's just a formlist which the Loversbed script uses to determine if the bed is acceptable or not.

Check out the attached file.

If I want to create spots for NPC's to have sex at, I always use the BedMattress01 bed and put it slightly under something else so that you can't see, that there actually is a bed.

Screenshot (2898).png

Adding the floor sleep marker to that list worked! However, it turns out that the New Vegas Loversbed isn't nearly as active as Oblivion's version. NPCs will occasionally do it once, then wander off and not do it again. Disappointing, but it's something.

I think I should just figure out how to set up sex interactions myself, but for now I'm giving up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 3:34 PM, S0urceHunter said:

However, it turns out that the New Vegas Loversbed isn't nearly as active as Oblivion's version. NPCs will occasionally do it once, then wander off and not do it again.

That's because it has stricter rules, like time and disposition. NPCs won't do it with just anyone and there's also a cooldown, so they won't be doing it consecutively.

It wasn't designed to trigger an orgy at every corner you turn, but more like a random encounter kinda thing.

6 hours ago, asdasfa said:

That's because it has stricter rules, like time and disposition. NPCs won't do it with just anyone and there's also a cooldown, so they won't be doing it consecutively.

It wasn't designed to trigger an orgy at every corner you turn, but more like a random encounter kinda thing.

Hope I didn't come off as rude! It just isn't my personal preference. Is it possible adjust some of these restrictions?

3 hours ago, S0urceHunter said:

Hope I didn't come off as rude! It just isn't my personal preference. Is it possible adjust some of these restrictions?

Not at all. For starters, have you tried editing the created .ini file in the Data/Config directory?

You can set iActChance to 100 and iMinReqDisp to 0 to guarantee an event when two NPCs sleep beside each other.

For other settings, you'll have to edit the scripts through GECK.

In the script "SOLBVarsScript", under BeginGameMode, set iMaxDetectionDist to 0 to ignore privacy,

and iMaxCoupleDist to something higher than 150, so that NPCs would pick other NPCs that are even further from their beds.

For MatchFinder, the script name is "SOLBMatchFinderQuestScript".