Issues with Robert's Male Body? Take a look here.

If you are like me and have an issue with Robert's Male Body. This will help, and while I was told that the mod is packaged correctly, it also doesn't have a FOMOD but yet it has several different folders based on choices when it comes to meshes and one choice for Textures. I'll supply Screenshots of the folder structure to help me explain it better.

1. I was having issues with the textures for his Male body, which I knew it had to be a improperly installed texture or mesh file.

20191129035213_1.jpg.3b02cae2ee74819fae2559492d690263.jpg

2. So I needed to investigate. After re-reading the mod description & remembering that I never got a choice on which body type and features I wanted, I looked into the file structure of the mod itself.

3. Opening up the Main Files Folder I found this inside. Which looks normal, if there are no options to a mod, but the page claimed there were choices to make. There is no FOMOD to be seen.

1197525503_RobertsMain.png.cc8eb9479dedb0624930dd543ad0c837.png

4. Opening up the Meshes folder I discovered that all of the choices in the meshes/character/_male folder.

986268376_RobertsMeshesFolderContent.png.99c292fdccb7e2a756cc5092f859cf03.png

5. Opening up the Default folder to show an example here, you will see that there are 4 different meshes to do the same thing.

909883854_Roberts_MaleDefaultFolder.png.d5c52ef43af7d8c49842beecdeb5cc31.png

6. Looking at the Texture folder for Male, it's the same here, only 2 different textures to do the same thing.

1164645705_RobertsTextures.png.4322ec79719924ce5b6bb040db4e6ae0.png

So that means that in order to have a working Male Body mod when using Robert's you have to do the following:

1. Extract the folder from the zip file.

2. Open the Meshes folder (You don't need to edit anything in the Armor Folder, you are dealing with the Characters Folder).

3. Open the Characters Folder (you are only concerned with the _male Folder, the ghoul & raider Folders have nothing to do with your PC).

4. Open the _male Folder and choose one of the 4 folders you want to use (Default, Marathoner, Muscular or Runner) and delete the other folders leaving only 1 Folder & 8 Bethesda Art Files

5. Inside the Folder you chose, decide which Mesh you want from the 4 different NIFs. Cut, Shorts, Thong or Uncut & delete the other 3.

6. Go to the Robert's Textures/Characters/Male folder and choose between Uppermalebody(Hairy) or Uppermalebody (Do not do anything to the other textures in that folder, they are needed). 7. Delete the one you don't want. If you chose the Hairy version, after you delete the other Uppermalebody, you need to remove the (Hairy) text of the texture name for it to work properly.

After making those choices, it's easier to go to the Main Robert's Folder and create a new folder called Data. Move the 2 Folders and the ESP inside that Data Folder you just created, then 7zip it or WinRAR it. In your Mod Manager and Uninstall the old Robert's mod (if you installed the original Robert's with your Manager), then upload it with your Mod Manager then install it.

If you did it the old fashion way and loaded it manually, then you have a lot of digging to do to remove all of the old Robert's mod, it needs to be removed in order for your fix to work.

When done correctly you should see the following ( I choose Muscular Cut non-hairy Body for Mesh & Texture):

20191129042124_1.jpg.d462fc3aac0ca227ce876c05d51dbec3.jpg

Edited by DontBlnkBadWolf
More detailed steps
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, this is a common issue with a lot of those body packs which contain several options but no installer. New users blindly install it with their mod organizer of choice then wonder why everything looks like crap. If you're luck you discover there's a readme in the mod explaining what files to rename. 

There's a similar problem with Fallout 4 where some mods require the Zex/Zaz extended skeleton, but that skeleton requires a compatible skin. If you use the wrong skin you end up with some rather weird textures on the body. Also, if you use a 2k/4k skin in FO4, then most tattoo mods and such are incompatible as they need to be 2k/4k also. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed the robert body following the advice above, and it works so far, exept for sex scenes. Then I have no body at all, During the installation of sexoutng.bodies I choose my own bodymod instead of breeze, but still no body during sex.

I found another old thread, where someone explained, i would need this "data/meshes/armor/SexoutBodysuits", where I shoud have the erected male body but this folder doesn´t exist at all. What I have instead, is a folder called SexoutClothingSystem, but that does only contain another folder "CaliVanilla", that seems to be unused, cause I play with Type 3, and that works fine.

So my question is, where do I find a male erect body, and where do I have to put it into? What do I make wrong?

I use FOMM, i have AI activated of course, and the body is only missing during sex scenes.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by carlfatal