6 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

In using a random approach sex mod, (MCG, SEU, Just Fuck, etc.) what would cause the AAF character window (npcs/animation) to not show up, even though animation is going on? Becomes impossible to control change of pose or even ending such animation..Thanks

Hi Maddadicusrex :)

I experience it everytime the player has their controls locked. For example in most mods that have a defeat or player raped system, before the rape they lock the player to not allow movent. It seems (though I am not 100% sure) that when the player is raped AAF will not show the manager. 

The surprise is in the fact that even if you don't see it...the AAF menu is still there xD. Next time you find yourself in that situation try to press the home button (the one you normally use to show the AAF menu) at that point even if the menu is not visible, use the buttons you usually press to change the animations or end it, and see if they work the same. In my experience they still do, even if in that case everything is more complicated because of the lack of a visual feedback. 

I hope this will result useful and I hope @dagobaking will add a setting to let the manager show even in those cases, if the user would wish to. However I am not even sure that this can be fixed because I have read somewhere that the AAF interface is tied to the Fallout 4 compass HUD and this would explain why we can't see the AAF menu in those cases: when the player controls are locked the Fallout 4 HUD is disabled by default and so probably as consequence also AAF interface can't show.

51 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Hi Maddadicusrex :)

I experience it everytime the player has their controls locked. For example in most mods that have a defeat or player raped system, before the rape they lock the player to not allow movent. It seems (though I am not 100% sure) that when the player is raped AAF will not show the manager. 

The surprise is in the fact that even if you don't see it...the AAF menu is still there xD. Next time you find yourself in that situation try to press the home button (the one you normally use to show the AAF menu) at that point even if the menu is not visible, use the buttons you usually press to change the animations or end it, and see if they work the same. In my experience they still do, even if in that case everything is more complicated because of the lack of a visual feedback. 

I hope this will result useful and I hope @dagobaking will add a setting to let the manager show even in those cases, if the user would wish to. However I am not even sure that this can be fixed because I have read somewhere that the AAF interface is tied to the Fallout 4 compass HUD and this would explain why we can't see the AAF menu in those cases: when the player controls are locked the Fallout 4 HUD is disabled by default and so probably as consequence also AAF interface can't show.

Considering I do speak English, I often do a bad job of explaining myself. I mean that the Home menu shows, the animation menu (who is doing what) does not ,during the animation called. Pushing the Home key just starts the selection process anew, while the present couple is still doing it..

On 11/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, SooperDoomDood said:

I've been having this same problem as well. I've asked on the official AAF board but all they say is that the error is on my end even though I installed AAF and F4SE correctly. They say that is on my end just because they cant replicate it. I really hope a solution shows up soon.

If someone does the same thing as you and the problem doesn't happen doesn't it logically follow that something else is different on your end?

16 hours ago, dagobaking said:

If someone does the same thing as you and the problem doesn't happen doesn't it logically follow that something else is different on your end?

you're right, im sorry. im just upset as to why the home button isnt working. AAF, F4SE, and all relevent mods are up to date and im not sure why the home button isnt working. Its not only the home button too. The pageup and pagedown buttons aernt working as well. I can still initiate scenes with SEP but its impossible to control the scene directly and also impossble to start scenes through AAF instead of SEP.

Hm. If AAF is otherwise working (normally this symptom means the person hasn't installed F4SE correctly) then you may have an issue with an off-beat keyboard sending codes that aren't recognized or consistent with other keyboards.

I've read of others having this kind of issue and fixing it. But, I'm not sure exactly what they did. Maybe some special drivers for the keyboard or changing the keys that AAF uses in the settings ini.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, dagobaking said:

Hm. If AAF is otherwise working (normally this symptom means the person hasn't installed F4SE correctly) then you may have an issue with an off-beat keyboard sending codes that aren't recognized or consistent with other keyboards.

I've read of others having this kind of issue and fixing it. But, I'm not sure exactly what they did. Maybe some special drivers for the keyboard or changing the keys that AAF uses in the settings ini.

Right, because installing F4SE is so damn complicated. I mean, everything could go wrong during a copy/paste lol.

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, ExtraKat said:

the menu for aaf is also not showing, but it is not during an animation, all mods are enabled it worked at the start of the game but doesnt work when im farther in the game

If AAF worked before, try a new game and test it.  if you get the pop ups then, and can use the Home button on your keyboard to bring up the wizard, then try to start an animation.  If that works, then there could be something wrong with your save.  You can try the force start command listed in the guide

If that does not work, your save might be corrupted.  AAF will not function on a broken save file.  But you can also try joining the AAF discord and we can help you troubleshoot there especially if AAF doesn't work in a new game.  That usually means you don't have modding enabled or have a mod conflict.

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2022 at 12:06 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

If AAF worked before, try a new game and test it.  if you get the pop ups then, and can use the Home button on your keyboard to bring up the wizard, then try to start an animation.  If that works, then there could be something wrong with your save.  You can try the force start command listed in the guide

If that does not work, your save might be corrupted.  AAF will not function on a broken save file.  But you can also try joining the AAF discord and we can help you troubleshoot there especially if AAF doesn't work in a new game.  That usually means you don't have modding enabled or have a mod conflict.

i know its a year later but holy shit man thank you i never saw the force start part of the guide