View File

What is this:

There are lot of 'normal' sized wigs out there, but I've never seen good wig collection for x117 races.

So I converted many existing hairs to wigs.

These wigs are weighted, like other wig mods. They will move as your body moves, just like you see in Skyrim.

In the previous version my goal was creating decent amount of hairstyle pool. So, many of the items in version 1 were 'basic' hairs such as Ren's (because they are included in MBP)

In v2, I wanted to put diverse hairstyles, preferably extravagant, luxury and funny.

The number of wigs added in both version is about 170, counting all the color variants (usually 3~5 colors for each hair). Now this pack includes over 300 wig items and some of those wigs have very unique color. Enjoy.

Some screenshots of those 'unique' colors I'm talking about:

Not all of them anyway. Don't worry about other colors if you don't like these flashy things, most of hairs look very common.

Untitled-1.jpg?async&rand=0.6810569672112827

Download

Check the download page. I've also linked 4shared mirror if you have any trouble. Another 4shared link is psd files in case you want to retexture them yourself. It's impossible to me to make hundreds of color variants, probably creating your own would be your best bet.

You can find the containers around the great oak in Chorrol. They look like clams.

CREDITS

Including the original authors of hairstyles, and people who helped me by any means.

AGS

Gunman

Nequam

Ren

SM

Ziitch

VanillaBeans

YangYang

Apachii

GSBmodders

Kuma Kuma Kokuma

idkrrr

SleepyD

Poontank

Renzeekin

Anto

Lucha

Room207

Growlf

WanderDryad

Newsea

Peggy

All senior modders those I forgot to write here

After some testing I found the '2ch High King Red' wig still had the default grey texture assigned. Easily fixed.

The 'Tera Elin 05' has a distortion effect at the top of the head, some stray vertices or UV distortion:

elin05.jpg

My favourite wig besides the rainbow-coloured ones is the 'SKS Ren's 08 Blue' with the black tips. I made an additional pink version. Kawaii! Especially the Tera wigs are very nice to have. Fresh material.

The 'Tera Elin 05' has a distortion effect at the top of the head' date=' some stray vertices or UV distortion:

[/quote']

I have no idea why; Never touched its UV or anything. Probably I'll have to reimport from obj and correct that UV issue. Thankfully it looks like that's the only point that UVs are messed. (in that object)

Thanks for pointing all those mess.

My favourite wig besides the rainbow-coloured ones is the 'SKS Ren's 08 Blue' with the black tips. I made an additional pink version. Kawaii! Especially the Tera wigs are very nice to have. Fresh material.

Would you mind posting the texture? (with proper name you like) Want to include it! Or if you make any other impressive color variants share it! :D

Sure thing. There are still a few other tweaks to the textures I'm pondering while testing out the wigs with new characters specificly created to wear them. A good way to notice possible issues and room for improvement. One example would be more elaborate alpha channels for those Tera wigs to make the bangs less straight, separating them into fine strands.

I tried fixing the old black x117 wigs but I heard that black texture problem is caused by some vga hardware thingy. Which means I can never know and never fix. Well rigged wigs are better than static wigs after all.

If you want some specific hair to be a wig let me know then I'll see If I love it too. It doesn't need to be the one currently available to x117s all I need are a copy of nif and two texture files. skyrim ones are ok too.

Really? Aww you are too great Mo! I do recognize the Terra Hair, I presume this one from Skyrim as well? coz I played that game quite some times ago. I have no idea which hair should be requested, maybe I might have some screenshots first and send you :) Perhaps it will give you some ideas :D Love This Mod! Hit Thanks fellas!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm finally able to post some shots of the new characters that have become possible thanks to this wig collection.

My efforts to make new alpha channels for the Tera styles turned out to make the wigs actually become worse! So I've dropped this edit and was content with just recolouring them. That SKS style however will certainly profit from editing its alpha channel to get rid of the hair's transparency at the top of the head. Non-adult mod section notwithstanding, some slightly adult pictures below!

Brave fencer 'Toriyah Vela' complete with black blade and crows:

20130304136239888149535.jpg

20130304136239888170113.jpg

The Mini Golden Saint 'Makkaroni', favourite toy of the Madgod:

20130304136239794168388.jpg

20130304136239794193684.jpg

'BeeBee King' who has an obsession with flowers. Guess whose 'Papimeru' armor I used as the resource for her (rather crappy) bee wings?

20130304136239587179744.jpg

20130304136239586120793.jpg

Master marksmaiden 'One-Shot Benni' (short for 'Benita'). What a nice armor she has!

20130304136239586787447.jpg

20130304136239586192655.jpg

And movie star 'Karla Weele', one of the top actresses in 'Dupe City':

20130304136239776489559.jpg

20130304136239776914348.jpg

20130304136239776182534.jpg

20130304136239794189623.jpg

Mmmmh, this is a very tasty... Pizza.

So I'm finally able to post some shots of the new characters that have become possible thanks to this wig collection.

My efforts to make new alpha channels for the Tera styles turned out to make the wigs actually become worse! So I've dropped this edit and was content with just recolouring them. That SKS style however will certainly profit from editing its alpha channel to get rid of the hair's transparency at the top of the head. Non-adult mod section notwithstanding' date=' some [i']slightly[/i] adult pictures below!

IMO Tera hairs' textures are just terrible. No idea why they used such inefficient way, they don't share any texture at all no shared UV map!

(But maybe, the cause of even worse looking could be due to my alpha threshold(nif) edit. Try changing them to around 64 or whatever moderate value other than 192. and use DXT5 instead of my DXT1)

And I could use the SKS new alpha channel.

Anyway, much appreciated, I feel how much effort you have put in for these screenshootings. some of these are retexed just to take one pic.

'BeeBee King' who has an obsession with flowers. Guess whose 'Papimeru' armor I used as the resource for her (rather crappy) bee wings?

bee one piece is very impressive. Well I almost couldn't recognize those wings. It would be much cooler if you edit its alpha channel as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pffft. Nevermind those strikes. They aren't like on the Nesux but just an empty gesture.

A while ago I had gotten multiple strikes at once and ultimately decided to just give up on them for good.

Make a new account on MEGA or Zippyshare, take down all your Mediafire files and reupload them to your new file hosting service.

The MFs are of no use anymore. Many people have already left them because of their ridiculous change of policies.

Hello!

Need help!

The mod works so far. But I don't know if I missed any requirement. I've got x117 races installed, also use xeosp++. Somehow the hair doesn't fit to the head.

Tried all haircuts on one race and one haircut with all races (thought the headmesh could be the problem, so I tested at first moonshadow elves (head06 I think) and chanpon).

I have no problems with helmets or "normal" haircuts, so I don't think that the .tri files or .egm/.egt files are the cause.

Here's a screenshot:

enb2013_4_6_2_31_13.jpg

ummm.. yeah. I see non-117 races in your screenshot. This mod only works for actual x117 races. like lop eared elves, argonoid, tabaxi mini, ff mini... because their head is 1.17 times bigger than typical races, all other wig mods become essentially useless. So in this case, you can't use these x117 wigs but can use all other wig mods around.. which is much larger selection.

Thanks for the info, I thought I tried every race, also lopears elves, but it was quite late at night. I will try to scale the headmesh(or hairmesh) :)

Edit:

It works!

enb2013_4_6_6_49_49.jpg

Just a little tweaking...

And perhaps I can get the Moonshadow elve standard ears as equipment working.

• 3 months later...

1_online.JPG?async&rand=0.93661057577820

Here, Ive picked up some update candidates. Some of them *may* already be included in the existing pack, I just don't remember. It's been forever I worked on this.

Anyway, incoming update. The best x117 wig mod ever, and the only x117 wig mod ever. :dodgy:

But no eta at the moment.

It's too bad - the picture doesn't seem to be working. I'm looking forward to this update in any case.

If some of the wigs are already included in the mod, you will find out the moment you are implementing new items into the esp.