Basemental Mod - Lung Cancer

I will stop using Basemental mods because of this new feature.  I'm curious if there are others out there that don't want to see this type of crap being added to a mod that is supposed to be basically about drugs.  Considering that most folks wanted heroin or other drugs added into the mod and I understand if the modder doesn't feel comfortable with that but Lung Cancer?  Really?

*smh*  This hits a little to close to home for many people.  Games are supposed to be a retreat nor do I want to hear anyone argue "but I want my Sims to be realistic" - if you wanted realism, you wouldnt be playing a game with mermaids, vampires, ufos, and magic users.  If you wanted realism, then make your sims work 40 plus hours a day, come home, make dinner, go to bed, wake up, repeat and rinse for 5 days.  Then do whatever it is you want for 2 days and then repeat and rinse.  There's your bloody realism.  Lots of fun eh...  

I don't know if you have played with basemental at all? because right now sims can already die from od with drugs which is a possible consequence of taking drugs ( and I haven't read any complains about that hitting close to home) so adding lung cancer as consequence of smoking make sense.

also your realism argument is invalid even if you list mermaids, vampires and stuff like that because you can almost entirely get rid of the with mccc and secondly that's forced from EA.

I guess you're also not playing with extrem violence mod then, do you? otherwise you'd be a hypocrite because it adds murder which could also hit close to home.

and you know it's an patreon feature right now? so how about you go to his patreon page and let him know you don't like this feature and ask him if he can make it optional, like with all stuff he does

2 hours ago, Buddy16 said:

I don't know if you have played with basemental at all? because right now sims can already die from od with drugs which is a possible consequence of taking drugs ( and I haven't read any complains about that hitting close to home) so adding lung cancer as consequence of smoking make sense.

also your realism argument is invalid even if you list mermaids, vampires and stuff like that because you can almost entirely get rid of the with mccc and secondly that's forced from EA.

I guess you're also not playing with extrem violence mod then, do you? otherwise you'd be a hypocrite because it adds murder which could also hit close to home.

and you know it's an patreon feature right now? so how about you go to his patreon page and let him know you don't like this feature and ask him if he can make it optional, like with all stuff he does

How many people know folks that have died from cocaine OD while how many people know someone that died from cancer?  Please tell me that they're just as popular.   And you're also trying to compare a passive mod to an active one.  In case you don't understand the difference - If I have extreme mod going on, I have to select someone to kill and activate it.  The "cancer" mod is passive which means it kicks in immediately.  And also, you do know that this is a forum for Sims discussion, I can speak whatever the heck I want about the Sims here as long as it falls within the terms and conditions of the website.  So hush up as I was asking the community, not your for your bloody permission or blessing.

And no, my realism argument isn't invalid because you want it to be.  I noticed that you decided to omit the part where I said if you want realism with Sims, you would work 40 hour work weeks, plus overtime and have two days off during the weekend.  So unless you're planning on being realistic and following that path, anything you do in the Sims is not realistic.  Period.

Right... 

So pet sex and rape are ok and anyone who is upset by it gets ganged on, creators who refuse to get involved are dubbed 'greedy' and are denied the right to find it wrong.. 

But adding cancer to a mod is so taboo that we need a flame thread for it? 

If police and addiction etc can be disabled I'm sure this will be too in a future update, 

It's way too early to start protests

There's already vore, rape, bestiality, drug overdose, and straight up murder and assault mods on this site. Hell, there was even a recent request for a future HIV setting in WW.

And you can also argue that all those features "Hit a little too close to home" for many people, yet most of those people end up ignoring the features or turning them off. But instead of protesting here why a cancer mod is too uncomfortable for you, why not just message the mod creator and request an option to disable it? Just because you think something is inappropriate doesn't mean everyone is subjective to that same mindset, especially if it's a popular enough request to be added in.

11 hours ago, CanadianGhost said:

How many people know folks that have died from cocaine OD while how many people know someone that died from cancer?  Please tell me that they're just as popular.   And you're also trying to compare a passive mod to an active one.  In case you don't understand the difference - If I have extreme mod going on, I have to select someone to kill and activate it.  The "cancer" mod is passive which means it kicks in immediately.  And also, you do know that this is a forum for Sims discussion, I can speak whatever the heck I want about the Sims here as long as it falls within the terms and conditions of the website.  So hush up as I was asking the community, not your for your bloody permission or blessing.

And no, my realism argument isn't invalid because you want it to be.  I noticed that you decided to omit the part where I said if you want realism with Sims, you would work 40 hour work weeks, plus overtime and have two days off during the weekend.  So unless you're planning on being realistic and following that path, anything you do in the Sims is not realistic.  Period.

the cancer don't kick in immediately, your sim has to smoke to get cancer, easy solution don't smoke, don't get cancer.

I don't know where you got that from that you'll want my permission to write your reading comprehension must be that of an 5 year old because I never said anything that you aren't allowed to post here. I said if you want the best result to get your opinion heared you should post on basementals patreon to let him know about your opinion.

and about the 40 hour work week, first of all you wrote 40 hours per day in your post, second of all I do that, I'm playing an active career ( scientist ) and I stay overtime everyday, so there's that.

14 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Right... 

So pet sex and rape are ok and anyone who is upset by it gets ganged on, creators who refuse to get involved are dubbed 'greedy' and are denied the right to find it wrong.. 

But adding cancer to a mod is so taboo that we need a flame thread for it? 

Maybe if f95 crew care so much about the result of a patreon poll they should be putting hands in pockets to have a chance at swaying the vote ?

If police and addiction etc can be disabled I'm sure this will be too in a future update, 

It's way too early to start protests

I dont have pet crap in there nor do I have rape stuff in my game as I find it disturbing that people would even want that.  

13 hours ago, Milkjetstream said:

There's already vore, rape, bestiality, drug overdose, and straight up murder and assault mods on this site. Hell, there was even a recent request for a future HIV setting in WW.

And you can also argue that all those features "Hit a little too close to home" for many people, yet most of those people end up ignoring the features or turning them off. But instead of protesting here why a cancer mod is too uncomfortable for you, why not just message the mod creator and request an option to disable it? Just because you think something is inappropriate doesn't mean everyone is subjective to that same mindset, especially if it's a popular enough request to be added in.

uhm if he was going by popular request, he would have added heroin.  or meth.  in fact, if you actually review basemental mod, the most severe side effect would be non-fatal and fatal OD'ing which can be turned off if your sim is immortal.  And miscarriages are from WickedWhims which is not a basemental mod feature.  So when you compare everything else on basemental mod and then include cancer, it sticks out like a sore thumb as it does not jive with the rest of what the mod is.

And if you actually read my original statement, i was asking what the community felt about it and gave my piece.  So if you want realism, we can put raping of kids, killing kids, kidnapping kids, human trafficking, hardcore slavery, white collar crimes, blue collar crimes, and on and on.  But obviously we put a limit on it as there are lines that mod creators (and users) don't want to cross.   So don't talk to me about realism in this video game.   Do you really think you get promoted repeatedly after two weeks of work?  Or that youll chop your fingers off making a salad or making a sandwich.  Or welcome wagons.  Or random strangers calling you up that you never met to invite you to go out to a party.  Common.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:07 AM, Buddy16 said:

the cancer don't kick in immediately, your sim has to smoke to get cancer, easy solution don't smoke, don't get cancer.

I don't know where you got that from that you'll want my permission to write your reading comprehension must be that of an 5 year old because I never said anything that you aren't allowed to post here. I said if you want the best result to get your opinion heared you should post on basementals patreon to let him know about your opinion.

and about the 40 hour work week, first of all you wrote 40 hours per day in your post, second of all I do that, I'm playing an active career ( scientist ) and I stay overtime everyday, so there's that.

right, calling someone a hypocrite if they were to use a mod that you have to activate as opposed to one that is always active.  And then going into a spiel about how i should be talking about this on the patreon forums when your reading comprehension sucks as I was asking what the community thought as it was a hot topic.  But no, you seemed to gloss over that, and go into a defense about how OD is already in basemental mod (which is a non issue if you have immortal set up) and to even pretend that this game is realistic is a joke.  Oh yes, you can turn off the mermaids, etc - but you still cant argue that this game is realistic no matter how much you try.  

Going to end this convo with you and state that we agree to disagree.  

23 minutes ago, CanadianGhost said:

right, calling someone a hypocrite if they were to use a mod that you have to activate as opposed to one that is always active.  And then going into a spiel about how i should be talking about this on the patreon forums when your reading comprehension sucks as I was asking what the community thought as it was a hot topic on F95.  But no, you seemed to gloss over that, and go into a defense about how OD is already in basemental mod (which is a non issue if you have immortal set up) and to even pretend that this game is realistic is a joke.  Oh yes, you can turn off the mermaids, etc - but you still cant argue that this game is realistic no matter how much you try.  

Going to end this convo with you and state that we agree to disagree.  

and again, you need to activate cancer with smoking so it's not active all the time ( so just don't fucking smoke if you can't handle cancer). also again your reading comprehension still sucks because all I said was that you can put your concerns at basementals patreon, I never said anything about you not being able to ask here what the community thinks.

and the game not realistic idgf, I try to make mine as realistic as possible of course that won't happen because of EA making this into an silly game.

yeah it's a bit weird but im sure you will be able to turn it off.

My nan smoked 100 cigarettes a day for over 70 years,died at the age of 88 and did not get any type of cancer, my mum also smoked like a chimney until she died at the age of 80 from a non smoking related condition.

it's random

1 hour ago, Buddy16 said:

and again, you need to activate cancer with smoking so it's not active all the time ( so just don't fucking smoke if you can't handle cancer). also again your reading comprehension still sucks because all I said was that you can put your concerns at basementals patreon, I never said anything about you not being able to ask here what the community thinks.

and the game not realistic idgf, I try to make mine as realistic as possible of course that won't happen because of EA making this into an silly game.

And again you continue with this nonsense - obviously you can't read nor can you grasp the gist of what someone is saying.  So I'm just going to ignore you completely.  Makes things easier as you obviously couldn't grasp "we'll agree to disagree" without coming back with the same rant as you had before.  Cheers.

Archived