Sims not really interacting with each other?

modella

I noticed this when I recently starting playing again, but my sims rarely talk to each other. When they sit down to eat no one talks! They also don’t interact a lot when they got out to community areas. It’s a little odd because they kind of just stand there or sit there. Has anyone else noticed this in their game?

5 hours ago, modella said:

I noticed this when I recently starting playing again, but my sims rarely talk to each other. When they sit down to eat no one talks! They also don’t interact a lot when they got out to community areas. It’s a little odd because they kind of just stand there or sit there. Has anyone else noticed this in their game?

I've only seen this when I have 75 or more Sims on the same lot at the same time.  I would test your game without any mods.  Move your mods folder to a different location and test in game or even start a new game and play with it for an hour or two.  This will help identify if it is mod related or a problem with your game.  Best of luck to you!

From the load screen, first check your settings to see if you've given your sims autonomy.  If you use WW, also check those settings to make sure you have settings that allow autonomy.

Then build up any relationship to at least friend status, and also use pie menu. 

Usually once the other sim is recognized as a friend, they will converse based on shared interests, etc.  So they chat some, but not constantly.  They autonomously will idle, do sit-ups, use their phone, watch TV, dance, read book, or use computer unless you have mods restricting that.

Once things work more the way you like, if you have WW, go into settings and export those settings so in the next world, lot, or family, you will only have to import settings not start completely over.  Each lot does have to be "coaxed" toward establishing friendships, etc.

Being OCD I always use the Pie Menu to direct conversations to follow a challenge, legacy story line, or sim wants/needs. 

As a rule of thumb something I remember reading a long time ago in Sims 3: Use 15 friendship/romantic interactions in a row. 

It's like setting a foundation, imprinting them and thereafter they tend to chat, text, show up at the front door, call for dates, etc. on their own.

If they live in the same house, then you can just sit back and watch the scenarios unfold, spontaneously hilarious!

Hope this helps :)

On 10/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, SkyBarbie said:

I've only seen this when I have 75 or more Sims on the same lot at the same time.  I would test your game without any mods.  Move your mods folder to a different location and test in game or even start a new game and play with it for an hour or two.  This will help identify if it is mod related or a problem with your game.  Best of luck to you!

Oh goodness, 75?! Haha, I absolutely wish my computer can handle those many pixel people. Whether I have maybe four or upwards to about ten or fifteen, my controlled sim and their family don't typically interact with anyone or each other. I'll try removing mods and creating a clean hood to see if there are any changes. Thank you :)!

On 10/17/2019 at 10:28 AM, MissCee said:

From the load screen, first check your settings to see if you've given your sims autonomy.  If you use WW, also check those settings to make sure you have settings that allow autonomy.

Then build up any relationship to at least friend status, and also use pie menu. 

Usually once the other sim is recognized as a friend, they will converse based on shared interests, etc.  So they chat some, but not constantly.  They autonomously will idle, do sit-ups, use their phone, watch TV, dance, read book, or use computer unless you have mods restricting that.

Once things work more the way you like, if you have WW, go into settings and export those settings so in the next world, lot, or family, you will only have to import settings not start completely over.  Each lot does have to be "coaxed" toward establishing friendships, etc.

Being OCD I always use the Pie Menu to direct conversations to follow a challenge, legacy story line, or sim wants/needs. 

As a rule of thumb something I remember reading a long time ago in Sims 3: Use 15 friendship/romantic interactions in a row. 

It's like setting a foundation, imprinting them and thereafter they tend to chat, text, show up at the front door, call for dates, etc. on their own.

If they live in the same house, then you can just sit back and watch the scenarios unfold, spontaneously hilarious!

Hope this helps :)

I think it may be because I don't have their relationships built up, at least with other sims. I will try that and force my will upon them (haha, I like to sit back and watch them most of the time). Thank you so much :)!

• 3 months later...
On 16.10.2019 at 21:20, modella said:

Ich habe das bemerkt, als ich kürzlich wieder angefangen habe zu spielen, aber meine Sims sprechen selten miteinander. Wenn sie sich zum Essen hinsetzen, spricht niemand! Sie interagieren auch nicht viel, wenn sie in Community-Bereiche kamen. Es ist ein bisschen seltsam, weil sie einfach da stehen oder da sitzen. Hat jemand dies in seinem Spiel bemerkt?

Yeah, here. even with me the sims don't act autonomously anymore. even good friends don't talk to each other anymore. they just sit there and look holes in the air. if i start a dialogue, they talk 1-2 sentences with each other and that's it. if i take the whicked whims out of the game, they act autonomously with each other again. the only thing they do autonomously is ask for sex and they do it. 

2 hours ago, ulriklein said:

Yeah, here. even with me the sims don't act autonomously anymore. even good friends don't talk to each other anymore. they just sit there and look holes in the air. if i start a dialogue, they talk 1-2 sentences with each other and that's it. if i take the whicked whims out of the game, they act autonomously with each other again. the only thing they do autonomously is ask for sex and they do it. 

I've managed to fix my problem with this mod by Zero! I changed the autonomy settings to 90/10 and now my sims talk more with each other, and do so many things autonomously that they hadn't before. Maybe it will help out your game like it did for me :) 

6 hours ago, modella said:

I've managed to fix my problem with this mod by Zero! I changed the autonomy settings to 90/10 and now my sims talk more with each other, and do so many things autonomously that they hadn't before. Maybe it will help out your game like it did for me :) 

Thanks, I snagged this one to try out myself but...

How did you edit the default settings?

Nevermind, I forgot about S4PE, it's been a long long time since I've used it, lol.   

22 hours ago, modella said:

Ich habe es geschafft, mein Problem mit diesem Mod von Zero zu beheben ! Ich habe die Autonomieeinstellungen auf 90/10 geändert und jetzt sprechen meine Sims mehr miteinander und machen so viele Dinge autonom, die sie vorher nicht gemacht haben. Vielleicht hilft es deinem Spiel, wie es für mich getan hat:) 

image.png.c921825788395adf382c182ca995be00.png

may i ask how you set 90/10. top to bottom? default 90 and idle 10? 

41 minutes ago, ulriklein said:

image.png.c921825788395adf382c182ca995be00.png

may i ask how you set 90/10. top to bottom? default 90 and idle 10? 

Use Sims 4 Package Editor(S4PE)

Make copy of original file to work on and put it in a temp work folder.

Open with S4PE and scroll down towards end of data to find this area to edit.

At the top menus of S4PE there is a menu to select edit with notepad.

It will switch to a txt format and you can then edit those values.

Be sure to save when finished editing.

I changed mine to 75/25(just reversed the original values) to test out in game first.

Because I don't know if WickedWhims autonomous sex is triggered by idles or default.

But I'm pretty sure Basemental autonomous Smoking is an idle trigger.

Haven't had a chance yet to verify anything in game yet so IDK for sure.

Archived