On 4/28/2023 at 11:39 AM, vaultbait said:

Yeah, there were 5 placed items I simply blew away (most in the Shake Shack, maybe all? there was an ammo bench somewhere but I forget where it was now), one NPC's default outfit that needed changing, and a ton of keyword and attachment point cleanup on armor and a few weapons. In the end I used the "report masters" script in FO4Edit because I was having a devil of a time finding everything it touched.

If anyone wants to make a patch (plugin replacer) for the current public version, that's what was involved. Sounds like we don't have to worry about it for the next version at least.

Hey, I'm trying to remove the dependency on awkcr myself and was able to remove the references in the 3 different cells, shake shack had most, Westwood manor and another cell had one too (can't remember its name).  I was fine with cleaning up the keyword references on the armor as they were the common awkcr ones but where the weapons were concerned, I think I've done something wrong as I am getting null references as a result, does anyone who tried this method recall what they did regarding attachment points, swapping them for something else or removing them.  I think that's where I've gone wrong.  Better still if you have a modified .esp to send, even better.  I think I was alright with the NPC change the report masters script informed me of too, (if I remember right someone with a rank in their name), the error in buffout logs was coming from the weapon, the stun baton like one.   

Oh and thankyou Vaultbait and Izzyknows for your insight into what would be needed to do this, I wouldn't have known where to start otherwise.  

Edited by Temmerian
13 hours ago, markpatong said:

If you install the FG Devious Devices patch on top of the old Devious Devices, the AWCKR is no longer required by Devious devices

Or just upgrade to DD RC8 which doesn't require AWKCR either.

49 minutes ago, markpatong said:

Yes, I did. I have fusion girl, so I prefer the fusion girl patch on top as well. There are some problems with it though. The collars seem the wrong size. Actually my last play through of this quest was with DD RC8 and the fusion girl patch. But I still had AWKCR loaded.

Well, my point was, DD RC8 removes the need for AWKCR regardless of whether you're using one of the available FG conversions for it (neither the HHS nor non-HHS conversion has anything to do with removing AWKCR from DD since they don't have plugins anyway).

56 minutes ago, markpatong said:

I just noticed one NPC looked like she had a CBBE outfit on a Fusion Girl body. Leather armor.

NPCs from Barbarous Continent, or are you talking about something else? As far as I know there's no FG conversion for Barbarous Continent yet. I started working on one, but it relies on so many complex outfits beyond my converting skill level (cloth movement bones, integrated headwear and gloves, etc) that I eventually put it on the back burner and never got around to resuming. If I were to start again, I'd probably make something more along the lines of a patch to switch the NPCs in BC to wearing vanilla clothing instead, so that vanilla outfit replacers for FG would be sufficient.

58 minutes ago, markpatong said:

Also the lockups always seem to be at the end of the animation, when you are supposed to regain control.

Are you talking about the devious devices you wear during the scene on the ship, or for the Bound to Serve repeatable jobs, or something else? I'm having trouble figuring out what your observation was because it doesn't match my recollection of those at all.

1 hour ago, markpatong said:

It's a good mod. Seems a pity to just let it die.

Previous statements were that the author is on an extended hiatus from modding, who said anything about letting it die?

23 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Does anyone know if the characters in BC are unique NPCs that I could modify with a preset?

All of the named ones are. Is there a character in particular you're wondering about? It's easy to pull up the plugin in FO4Edit and check the NPC records to see what actorbase they use. Better Console is useful for identifying their "base" (form) ID.

5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

All of the named ones are. Is there a character in particular you're wondering about? It's easy to pull up the plugin in FO4Edit and check the NPC records to see what actorbase they use. Better Console is useful for identifying their "base" (form) ID.

Is there a certain form of base ID typical founique actors?

I mean they all have some ID ..

30 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Does anyone know if the characters in BC are unique NPCs that I could modify with a preset?

You can use a preset on them, but you have to use Face Ripper and import the preset.

Just now, katrina.balanchuk said:

Is there a certain form of base ID typical founique actors?

I mean they all have some ID ..

Better console will give you the reference ID and the BaseID, you need the BaseID to find them in the mod, IF they don't have a unique name. If they do have a unique name, just look for it in xEdit.

BTW, the refID is what the game gives NPC when they are spawned in game, that's why you can spawn 10 Pipers and each will have a different RefID but the same BaseID.

I just tried it on the Blue Lagoon Hypnotist. Seems to work so far. :)

Another question.

I did the Shake Shack before but never got sent to the mutant camp.

Is there  aconsile command to set my addtion to maximum? Or better yet to just start that stage so I dont have ot start form beginning again?

Also doing the milk store thing.

That has so full of erotic humor and has even much potential :)

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if all the NPCs in this mod are uniques that can take apperances changes via console/SLM?

Some of them of course are for sure just by their roles and I recognize that, but what about folks generally milling around on the street?

Also is there a way by someones ID numbers to determine if they are unique and can take a console /SLM change?

5 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Does anyone know if all the NPCs in this mod are uniques that can take apperances changes via console/SLM?

Some of them of course are for sure just by their roles and I recognize that, but what about folks generally milling around on the street?

Also is there a way by someones ID numbers to determine if they are unique and can take a console /SLM change?

I'm not sure why, but the way demon made them, I had to use the CK to alter their looks.

21 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I'm not sure why, but the way demon made them, I had to use the CK to alter their looks.

I have been able to alter the looks of the "creepy Guy" with the bathhouse via simple console command into SLM and load a preset..

I figured I might want to collect presets from the wasteland to replace the beuaitful young model men, with more dangerous looking men throughout many parts of the mod.

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
4 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I have been able to alter the looks of the "creepy Guy" with the bathhouse via simple console command into SLM and load a preset..

I figured I might want to collect presets from the wasteland to replace the beuaitful young model men, with more dangerous looking men throughout many parts of the mod.

That you can do. amass some presets and use Face Ripper in a patch for the men. A patch is better mainly because it's easier to keep track of who was edited. And since you're just editing NPC's it can be an esl or an esl flagged esp.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, marine33221 said:

After two years of no updates, I'm guessing this is now abandoned?

Mods here have gone longer than that between releases so I wouldn't personally make that assumption, but also don't let waiting keep you from making something new yourself!

4 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

What causes this game to stutter constantly on the main street? You can not move.

You've probably got a mod trying to do something to every actor that comes within range, maybe LooksMenu's BodyGen feature or something being applied by the Spell Perk Item Distributor framework, for example. If BC doesn't include prebuilt facegen data (I can't remember if it does) then this can also be a result of the game engine building all of the actors' face meshes.