Is CBBE SE still not popular outside of Nexus?

Even though many are on Skyrim SE now, I still feel like there aren't as many armors for CBBE SE as legacy bodies (e.g. UUNP, CBBE LE). On Nexus there's activity, but outside of Nexus I'm not seeing as much.

For example if I check aggregation sites like https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/ or http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/ there seems to be a lot of mod authors on Patreon or other non-Nexus sites that still make armors for Skyrim LE (e.g. Dint, Team TAL).

eskyrimmods has the SSE sister site https://skyrimdatabase.blogspot.com/ but if you search by CBS (CBBE Bodyslide) there haven't been any new mods for months (it's the same results as when I checked last year).

Aside from the few mod authors on LL converting to CBBE SE Bodyslide, is there really that little non-nexus activity on CBBE SE armors/conversions? Or am I just checking the wrong aggregation sites?

legacy bodies (e.g. UUNP, CBBE LE).

"Legacy"? Both have been ported (though, the former kinda sabotaged by Bodyslide SE itself, dumping the UUNP-morphs plugin, and forcing every fucking player to be a developer and port the fucking thing via guides - which i haven't been able to get working, and i'm dev myself).

Now mods using those bodies is a whole different thing. In general SSE mod-support is shit - that's not specific to armors, but a general thing: The SSE-modscene sucks compared to LE - that's all there is to it. EDIT: And it's a feedbacl-loop. With LE just being the superior platform (and by "platform" i don't just mean the game, but the whole modding ecosystem), all the cool stuff is released for LE first, and maybe someday for SE. It's a chicken-egg problem, that certainly isn't getting any better, by bethesda and SKSE constantly releasing compatibility-breaking updates for SE.

Seems like SE in general isn't as popular as Oldrim so by default it'll have a lot less attention.

I wouldn't say unpopular, there was just a very strongly established community for Oldrim and the switch to LE was easy, SE is a whole new game (not really but like, y'know). It's not that hard to port most things to SE though so people doing official ports isn't that common unless they're adding new features.

I only play SE now though, and 90% of the mods I used in Oldrim are ported so I don't have a problem playing it really, it's just the sheer amount of people that stuck to Oldrim easily outweighs the SE community. Doesn't help that like lynak said SKSE is being updated fairly consistently and breaking things, and Beth isn't helping on their end either.

This is just a product of the authors having not made the changeover. It will change inevitably because there are fewer and fewer people playing LE. More people play SE and eventually that will be dominant among modders, it just happens to be that many people stubbornly refuse to change over.

LE vs SE:
 unknown.png

• 1 month later...

I'm not having any problem finding CBBE armors. Most of the yet unconverted UNP armors are screen archer stuff and not remotely lore friendly so I have little desire for them. There is a thread here that has many cbbe armors but the OP disappeared so the first post hasn't been updated in awhile. There is also a lot of stuff on Discord, around here, and on other sites that can't be mentioned.

2 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I'm not having any problem finding CBBE armors. Most of the yet unconverted UNP armors are screen archer stuff and not remotely lore friendly so I have little desire for them. There is a thread here that has many cbbe armors but the OP disappeared so the first post hasn't been updated in awhile. There is also a lot of stuff on Discord, around here, and on other sites that can't be mentioned.

Funny... normally LL is "the site that can't be mentioned."

Are there still no good aggregator sites for SE armors?

The reason why I didn t use CBBE instead of an UUNP body was as already mentioned that a lot of Oldrim UUNP armors worked fine for me even without converting them. Also I had difficulties with finding a 8k skin that suits my taste for CBBE. 

One convenient mod was the All in one packUNP .

I used the 3.0 version because the Installer had everything  I would need to generate a beautiful body. And I think CBBE SE needs a mod pack like this. Something  you install and everything just works.

There is this(I guess) new CBBE SMP which works finally great for me. But I don't know if this is due the mod alone or the fact that I fiddled so much with all the different physics simulation stuff of the game, that I made the jump to CBBE.

This Preset + this skin are now my basis. I later merged the Preset with a Preset I had in Fallout 4.

The Problem seems to me that now something like "3BB" appears (which works greatly with the CBBE SMP thing I mentioned).

And if you have little experience you don t now what this is good for.

But because the 3BB armors are rare and I am to stupid, I am unable to convert my beloved Chain Metal outfit from UUNP to the 3BB. Or things like nipple piercing  are the same problem for me.

The Good thing is my character is under the influence of Milk Mod Economy and Being a Cow, so the big tits + wide hips help me to cope with this.

If I remember correctly they got rid of the UNP stuff in Bodyslide because to much different sub categories/standards emerged and it was just a hassle.

Now it seems because the standard CBBE is somewhat lacking(imo) new sub types emerged. Well... here we are again.

What I also find kind of weird:

Some step by step guides to convert something into another work fine for me.

Why is there no tool to do the same.

"Put CBBE Oldrim armor in--> CBBE SE Armor comes out"

"Put standard CBBE SE in --> 3BB comes out"

I'm trying to find a more advanced body to work with for something, but it seems people are throwing around stuff in discord and patreon and this is really souring my mood.

Like this:

8 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

The Problem seems to me that now something like "3BB" appears (which works greatly with the CBBE SMP thing I mentioned).

I can't even find that on a google search. So, CBBE SE is full of drama, UUNP is sort of unofficially "ported" if you have the know-how (not user friendly), and apparently there's two different groups working on two some modern UNP interpretation since it's the only "free license" body?

What a headache.

6 hours ago, Phygnos said:

I'm trying to find a more advanced body to work with for something, but it seems people are throwing around stuff in discord and patreon and this is really souring my mood.

Discord and patreon...

Maybe it has besides money something to do with having a way to ignore mod authors saying.

One Example: For some reason the Merta Black Rose armor for CBBE (or at least the Bodyslide files) are missing. Now you only can get it from less official sources(I am still looking) that don t care about asking for permission to share.

And as I already mentioned before other CBBE armors seem to disappear from the net the moment the mod author gets a job where he has to wear a suit.^^

Also the CBBE is full of drama thing... Some funny(imo) story about the UNP.

If I remember correctly the mod author of the original UNP at some time got tumblrized and made a weird body shape even tumblrinas won't complain about. I can't find it on Nexus anymore but that thing was so unattractive that over years it had less download as the weird contrast like THIS. 

But I can understand the Bodyslide Mod author( at least I think I do). His basic mod as a framework well works and any fancy stuff with physics, makes it more complicated, more complains, yada yada. "Guys here is my basic mod, use it however you like, leave me alone!" 

10 minutes ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

Discord and patreon...

Maybe it has besides money something to do with having a way to ignore mod authors saying.

One Example: For some reason the Merta Black Rose armor for CBBE (or at least the Bodyslide files) are missing. Now you only can get it from less official sources(I am still looking) that don t care about asking for permission to share.

And as I already mentioned before other CBBE armors seem to disappear from the net the moment the mod author gets a job where he has to wear a suit.^^

What do you mean missing? it's still there since 2015

Yes. UNP is much more popular.

Also there are more modern-style armors and clothing than those more fitting to Skyrim.

When fitting armors are released, they dont have bodyslides for CBBE.

One good example is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30051

Remove the armor from npc killed, dress it and big boobs are gone.

Why cant I have immersion and erotic fantasy at the same time?

28 minutes ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

Ok this seems to be a communication error. You showed me the Oldrim CBBE files and I was looking for the CBBE SE files since the topic revolved around CBBE SE. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13954?tab=files

Looks like it's not worth writing here, I'll reveal one "big secret" to you, let's just write again  LE CBBE / UNP works with SE.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.03 - 14.04.32.54.png

It seems to have problems with some CBBE SE Bodyslide presets( which gave my the impression it  doesnt work.

However you are right some other CBBE presets I have just work fine in Skyrim SE. Not as reliable as UUNP but still,... there is now a way to use the CBBE armor in SE. Thank you

10 minutes ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

It seems to have problems with some CBBE SE Bodyslide presets( which gave my the impression it  doesnt work.

However you are right some other CBBE presets I have just work fine in Skyrim SE. Not as reliable as UUNP but still,... there is now a way to use the CBBE armor in SE. Thank you

I am a UUNP user, and it is not a problem for me to use CBBE. It is not surprising to say that there is no armor...armor on all sides just nobody wrote on them "can also be used for SE"

Merta Black Rose Armor CBBE HDT.7z

1 hour ago, miho said:

I just switch body and textures in game with a mod spell and use race menu with morph sliders for a very wide variation of UNP, CBBE and TBD.

Imagine being in 2019 and being limited to one body, Yikes!

Hide contents

rm.jpg.f91e0bcff27e80e83d3279b0df1fe3d1.jpg

what's the mod? it would save me a lot of time