Is CBBE SE still not popular outside of Nexus?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, lynak said:

In general SSE mod-support is shit - that's not specific to armors, but a general thing: The SSE-modscene sucks compared to LE - that's all there is to it. EDIT: And it's a feedbacl-loop. With LE just being the superior platform (and by "platform" i don't just mean the game, but the whole modding ecosystem), all the cool stuff is released for LE first, and maybe someday for SE. It's a chicken-egg problem, that certainly isn't getting any better, by bethesda and SKSE constantly releasing compatibility-breaking updates for SE.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, megamantaray said:

Seems like SE in general isn't as popular as Oldrim so by default it'll have a lot less attention.

Lol.

SE mod scene has improved a whole lot. Denying it as an excuse to not make the switch to an actual more stable version of Skyrim is just lame. But I can understand being unwilling to convert your mods.

On topic, CBBE is fine, but I prefer TBD body because I can make a sexy female barbarian. That's coming from someone who used to hate TBD/AB bodies. But they're really good.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, cbeau said:

Lol.

What? Did you really just necro a thread to quote me with "lol" and that's it?

Because Oldrim is objectively and demonstrably played more than SE, the mod NUMBERS and support are undeniably higher.

When something has a bigger community by default there's more attention.

That says nothing about the stability of SE, or its improved mod support more recently, but my statements remain factually correct.

Do you have anything to add?

Edit: Oh wait, you have 3 posts and 2 are missing. Great.

As has been pointed out via steam's actual install base metrics, which are not publicly available to non devs except that one time, LE installs outnumber SSE 4:1, and available broadcasters counted in SC aren't going to be parading Namira's Goat in public, are they. No one's questioning that SSE will eventually overtake LE simply because Beth refuses to sell LE in the west via digital means, but that time isn't now and probably won't be relevant until TESVI spikes resales.

Also might wanna go check Nexus dl metrics before quoting between non-modded and modded playthroughs, because modded playthroughs and mod throughput is an open book.

So how is, I don't read those charts, because even the guy that made that app that now works for Epic knows they're inaccurate.

Because this data is derived directly from Steam's API for each game, it ends up much more precise than the old Steam Gauge/Steam Spy estimation methods, which relied on random sampling of a small portion of the Steam player base.

3 hours ago, 27X said:

As has been pointed out via steam's actual install base metrics, which are not publicly available to non devs except that one time, LE installs outnumber SSE 4:1, and available broadcasters counted in SC aren't going to be parading Namira's Goat in public, are they. No one's questioning that SSE will eventually overtake LE simply because Beth refuses to sell LE in the west via digital means, but that time isn't now and probably won't be relevant until TESVI spikes resales.

Also might wanna go check Nexus dl metrics before quoting between non-modded and modded playthroughs, because modded playthroughs and mod throughput is an open book.

So how is, I don't read those charts, because even the guy that made that app that now works for Epic knows they're inaccurate.

You’re pulling a July 2018 article... SSE now has a lot of old ported mods along with new ones and stable features... it’s just the way it is. SE being more stable just makes it way better to play.

23 minutes ago, Bloodfang said:

You’re pulling a July 2018 article... SSE now has a lot of old ported mods along with new ones and stable features... it’s just the way it is. SE being more stable just makes it way better to play.

No shits given about things that aren't facts, so until you pull up some sale spike metrics that can be independently vetted, literal whataboutism.

SSE is fine if you like basic 2015 graphics and broken physics; people that feel the need to evangelize SSE because they don't know how to properly arrange and curate mods are not, which is especially lol worthy considering it's a single player game unless paired with a mod using stolen assets and code and still requires exact file parity.

4 hours ago, Fotogen said:

How do you read this 2 charts:

- Skyrim

- Skyrim Special Edition

Steamcharts is useless as of Steam changing their API and being more stringent on what protections playerdata has. Furthermore, Oldrim is impossible to buy now and has been since SE came out so naturally player counts will be skewed. You're basically showing inaccurate and loaded data. Congrats, how very honest of you, if anything the fact that there's just under half of SE's playerbase still playing Skyrim should be a testament to it's longevity, but then again those numbers are inaccurate anyway.

13 minutes ago, Bloodfang said:

None of that follows, and referencing an older article is fine, the article states that Steam's API was updated which is relevant to the argument. An argument you're not even trying to refute but dismiss outright with nothing better to say. Regardless, based on that entirely vapid non-sequitur of a statement the fact that Oldrim has 64k mods and over a billion downloads would make it the better game, you're not providing anything better so an equally vapid statement wins. Great.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, Bloodfang said:

SE mod scene has improved a whole lot. Denying it as an excuse to not make the switch to an actual more stable version of Skyrim is just lame.

That's still, like, your opinion dude. All of that. Plus, who's denying that the SE mod scene has improved? No one's said that, what was said MONTHS ago was that the modding community and mod selection for LE was bigger, and it was, and still is. Who's said they didn't want to switch as an excuse to stick to Oldrim? Nice strawmen, buddy. Besides that, a bad mod setup will make SE break as bad as LE, the fact that it's on 64bit is great but I can say "a lot of people still use Oldrim and have ideal setups that are better than SSE." You're not doing a good job expressing yourself. Skyrim is Skyrim even in 64bit and for those who have their ideal setups in Oldrim there's no reason to switch because the game works just as well.

I'm not sure why this thread had to be Necro'd, what that one idiot's "Lol" was meant to accomplish, or what arguments are even being made here since even the OP has lost all purpose by this point. People immediately turned defensive on SE even though that wasn't even the point and no one was arguing against it or whatever.

Every time I log in here I'm reminded to stop.

7 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Steamcharts is useless as of Steam changing their API and being more stringent on what protections playerdata has. Furthermore, Oldrim is impossible to buy now and has been since SE came out so naturally player counts will be skewed. You're basically showing inaccurate and loaded data. Congrats, how very honest of you, if anything the fact that there's just under half of SE's playerbase still playing Skyrim should be a testament to it's longevity, but then again those numbers are inaccurate anyway.

None of that follows, and referencing an older article is fine, the article states that Steam's API was updated which is relevant to the argument. An argument you're not even trying to refute but dismiss outright with nothing better to say. Regardless, based on that entirely vapid non-sequitur of a statement the fact that Oldrim has 64k mods and over a billion downloads would make it the better game, you're not providing anything better so an equally vapid statement wins. Great.

That's still, like, your opinion dude. All of that. Plus, who's denying that the SE mod scene has improved? No one's said that, what was said MONTHS ago was that the modding community and mod selection for LE was bigger, and it was, and still is. Who's said they didn't want to switch as an excuse to stick to Oldrim? Nice strawmen, buddy. Besides that, a bad mod setup will make SE break as bad as LE, the fact that it's on 64bit is great but I can say "a lot of people still use Oldrim and have ideal setups that are better than SSE." You're not doing a good job expressing yourself. Skyrim is Skyrim even in 64bit and for those who have their ideal setups in Oldrim there's no reason to switch because the game works just as well.

I'm not sure why this thread had to be Necro'd, what that one idiot's "Lol" was meant to accomplish, or what arguments are even being made here since even the OP has lost all purpose by this point. People immediately turned defensive on SE even though that wasn't even the point and no one was arguing against it or whatever.

Every time I log in here I'm reminded to stop.

It doesn’t take much to understand why back then less people played LE. Physics were barely if not at all working, many old mods not ported or updated, now the only thing you might be missing by playing SE is a some Sexlab addons but the best ones were ported already. And if you play only for Sexlab you won’t need SE indeed.

You guys both base your point of view based only on what a single dude says and this article based on it.

From where I stand Steam stats were consistant, Fall Guys got suddenly popular ? Boom you see it in top 3. Numbers might not be accurate but you get the general idea of which game is popular.

As of today you can check daily, SE is always at the level of Fallout 4 and sometimes above, while LE is below exactly for the reasons I stated above. Even by looking at the Nexus you see more or less same mod traffic with ~70% of the time the same mods released on both.

If you actually tried SE you’d know it’s just better to play because of better stability and possibilities in terms of mods. It’s totally fine to play either, but there is no need to spit on SE because as it is now people play it for stability and they DO have access to the best mods.

Hell I made an extensive modlist and didn’t find myself missing anything, I got everything covered.

Just because you don’t have access to a Sexlab addon or your favorite mod (which you could probably and easily port) doesn’t make it worse. It’s just a personal decision. But I’m sure many play for the gameplay, and with mods + the 64bit version you can get something very good out of it.

Even some modders from patreon stopped developing for LE and went full SE only. I’m not trying to belittle you guys, just stating my opinion. Play whatever you like, more power to you.

For me, I prefer SE due to its stability and bad memories with LE as soon as you got a few scripts working. When I tested SE, it felt so smooth compared to LE. Then again Papyrus is just trash...

My observation is that CBBE and UNP are the most popular body replacers, and there are about a half dozen or so aside from the two just mentioned.  Early on between the two, one had better physics and the other had belly support (pregnant belly), although both appear to have mostly resolved those differences by 2020.  I think UNP supports some 'squish' features for the breasts/body that CBBE lacks.

For LL and SSE, CBBE seems to be the preferred body or at the very least for the mods I currently use.  In the end, use whatever works for your character preference or use whatever your mods require if applicable.  That said, most mods are body agnostic as long as you "use a physics enabled body/skeleton", although you may have to do some stuff to make it 'perfect'.

It really would be nice if there were handy conversion tools as mentioned previously ("UNP in CBBE out", "CBBE in 3bbb out", "CBBE in UNP out"), but no one has done so to date.

LE vs SSE

Spoiler
  • Which is better? I view this like owning a vehicle: if you own Ford, you think it is better than GM, if you have a GM you think it is better than Ford, both are shit, but you gotta back what you have.
    • Okay, that was mean, but it illustrates the argument, each camp thinks theirs is the best because that is what they have and most don't have both to make a qualified comparison
    • If you have access to both LE and SSE, install and use whichever will give you the experience you want (ie: what mods do you really want to play with)
  • Skyrim is a bit unique in the modding scene in that the same game was released multiple times (original, limited edition and special edition), but with the last one using a new engine.  This fragmented the modding scene for Skyrim into two factions as a result of the 'technical' differences in the engine.
  • Popularity: LE was release first, that means it received the most mod attention compared to SSE, which came out after the modding scene had started to cool down.
  • Many authors for LE mods did not purchase the SSE version and others would have to do the conversions for them.  And due to 'ownership'/permissions, not all can be freely converted and released to the public.  The result is that LE authors are still making LE mods, and there are still a lot of them.  New authors and new players (like myself) will be running SSE 'because that is what we have'.  And let's face it, few are going buy the same game twice or buy an older edition if given the choice.
  • Availability: SSE is the only one you can purchase (digitally) in many regions, this is just the way it is.  Any new user today will likely be running SSE.
  • Wait for, request or do your own SSE conversions of mods to get them working in SSE.  There is a large amount of documentation on how to do conversions, just look for it, read it, ask questions.  Sometimes it is simple, sometimes exceedingly complex.  Sometimes you can just run mods without any changes at all.
  • As for stability of the engine, I've only had experience with SSE and I find it stable 'most' of the time, I can often game for hours before a crash.  I still get random crashes, but most are related to the mods I use, or my very weak PC not being able to keep up.  I can only compare stability to Oblivion, which is 'far less stable' in contrast.

• 4 weeks later...