Not receiving new update notifications

Tockity

Whenever a file I follow received an update, I very rarely get a notification. Some files seem to work okay, others.. not so much. I've attempted to unfollow and resubscribe, but no dice. I'm not sure if it's something on the uploaders end, something I'm doing wrong, or a system problem, but this has been going on for some time - at least since the most recent major LL upgrade.

Example image:

Spoiler

f5bf3c17de.png

0e8fb84f41.png

You can see that this file was updated 10 hours prior (to 6:30pm est 8/29), that I'm following the file and have chosen to received notifications, and that no notification was received while I have received updates for other files.

Apologies if there's a better place for this kind of thing.. I couldn't find any site tech issues forum.

Hate to pile on, but I haven't been receiving notifications myself for a long while. After a screw up with some mods that had been updated ?, I now just have a list of important mods and check them directly. For instance, several mods that I follow for both Skyrim and F04 were updated within the last few days. (One just updated a short time ago as of this post!) No notifications for any of them. Yet I confirmed I'm supposedly following them all.

Is there some obscure setting I should be looking for? ? (Or not so obscure? ?)

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Like the link posted by Doctor Cadaver two posts up?

Which... is a link to the same forum section we're in now? ?

This is why I mod, not talk. ? To quote a film, "Explain as you would a child." ?

Ironically enough, I did get a notification for this. But not for a file that was just updated. ? Time to look at the settings. AGAIN. ?

• 1 month later...

This continues... searching reveals several threads in this tech support forum about this, and comments in other threads, but no answers.  Notifications work properly with ordinary topics, but not with "files" posts.  Perhaps because, while the file may be updated, there is no "new post"?

I think I remember this working a year ago, and breaking with the update in early 2019.  I could be wrong.  I really don't know which of these scenarios applies here:

• This is a known quirk.  It would be nice to have this mentioned somewhere.
  • This is a bug being worked on.  That would be super to hear.
  • Only a few people (I've seen perhaps a dozen posters mention it) have this problem, and file notifications are working fine for everyone else.  I haven't seen anyone claim file notifications are working, but maybe?  In that case, perhaps nobody in a position to fix it has noticed the problem, so continued whining is justified.  :)

I didn't want to start a new thread, so resurrected this one.  It would be great to have one post providing an answer so I (we) can stop wondering (if I missed one, sorry - I did search).

Long Live Lover's Lab.

Omg, I came here for asking help for that exact problem. No notifications for the files that I follow...

For example:

Spoiler

cap.jpg.2c19634ccd24cbd3c5605035655a3170.jpg

This one updated monday and I had no notifications, I accidentally noticed the update today in the thread posts...

Now I see that's a common issue. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Archived