Fallout 4 hinted by Three Dog VA

Guest user29

I like Three Dog more than the Mister New Vegas, I can tell you that much. But then, I also liked the songs in Fallout 3 a lot more than New Vegas. But really, I could listen to President Eden all fucking day long, because Malcolm McDowell has one of the most boner inducing voices in the world.

PRESIDENT EDEN FOR FALLOUT 4!

I don't care if Broken Steel has to be thrown into not being canon, Eden should be in Fallout 4 and be on the radio.

I don't give two shits about Obsidian, and I'm one of the few people who don't seem to think Bethesda is the devil because of Fallout 3, even with some of the things I really do question them about.

Fallout 4 should stand on its quality, not on the name of the company behind it, or people from a former company behind it. I would NOT give it a pass just because some people from Black Isle worked on it, any more than I would give a pass to an RPG in the 90s because it had Square logo on it.

I don't give New Vegas a pass because it was black isle working on it, It was a fun game that picked up the story line from the previous games in a logical way and allowed numerous player choices to affect both the ending and actual locations in game, you could see the consequences of your actions as it were, and this isn't just a few things but in almost every single hub.

I give Fallout 3 a pass because it's fun to wander around in and shoot stuff, while listening to the radio, and has a wonderful post apocalyptic feel and beautiful post apocalyptic world, right up until the point I talk to some one;). The issue I have with it is that I tend to play it more like an fps where I just kill everyone because every character I talk to feels more and more retarded and the locations/quest hubs don't seem connected to each other in any meaningful way. Also those fucking kids in the slave town. I downloaded a mod to kill children just because they're such ignorant bratty shits. Never could get myself to finish the story line, just couldn't get into it like I can with new vegas. I got 407 hours in vegas, but maybe only 150 or so with FO3.

In any cae I'm sure FO4 will at least be as interesting to stroll around in and explore. which will warrant a purchase once it gets to $30-$40, but I'm keeping my hopes for a story that will draw me in and want to finish it to a minimum, because they'll surely otherwise be dissapointed. Maybe I'll be pleasntly surprised, but it's not something I will count on.

The problem with Fallout 3's story is that everybody is either a moron (for example, the player's dad, Three Dog, Fawkes, everybody in Megaton, the Brotherhood, the idiots in Oasis), psychotic (Mr. Burke, Roy, President Eden, the Overseer, the Outcasts) or both (Tenpenny, Colonel Autumn).

Don't get me started on the brats in Lamplight or those emo wannabe vampires.

Now sure you're going to have a lot of psychotics in a post-apocalypse, but Bethesda failed to add any balance or anybody who was actually likable to me.

Then again Skyrim was an improvement in storyline terms over Oblivion.. even if it got dull at times and the Blades are uppety bastards, but it had some worthwhile characters. There might be hope for F4 yet.

I enjoyed all of the Fallout games, regardless of their flaws, I'm over it, I'm not going to be sitting in a Nursing home when I'm 80 wasting time on the internet debating whether Immersive Virtual 3D Cyber-Jacked Fallout 23 fails Fallout 1 lore, get over it people :P

Immersive Virtual 3D Cyber-Jacked Fallout 23

I see a bright future for sex mods in such an environment. :P

lol agreed!

It's all about balance. If they give me the expansive, interesting and sandbox style roaming of FO3 with the well thought out and written dialogue of FNV, I will be happy.

I don't see why we can't have both. :exclamation:

Never could get myself to finish the story line' date=' just couldn't get into it like I can with new vegas.

[/quote']

I will never understand why people say New Vegas has a good story. Up until you kill Benny, the story is passable; a cliche revenge story. After that, the Courier is just expected to get involved with shit that has nothing to do with them at all. Atleast with FO3, the revenge plot actually stays the entire way through to end game.

And then the end game quests are all the fucking same, just with tiny little variations like starting point and who the last person is that you have to potentially kill.

They should use Detroit for the setting as it already looks like a wasteland. The goal would be to get out of the city and into a vault to improve your living conditions.

That would generate the same problem that the ruined London in Mass Effect 3 had.

"Dude, what's the difference with the real version?"

Eh it's not that FO3 is a bad game in and of itself, it's just that when I compare it to the originals I just get dissapointed, it came to me the other day that the way I feel about FO3 is the way star wars fans look at the new prequel trilogy. If you view the game on it's own merits it's a decent, but not great game, just like the star wars prequels are passable space fantasy action flics, but if you're a fan from the originals all you can see is the flaws in the new products, not the least the inclusion of increasingly badly written stories and characters, all while crapping all over the original lore. Even if you actually like the game, you still can't help but be pissed off at it because of how it fails to live up to what came before. At least we get the luxury of blaming a new developer, Lucas wrecked his own movies ;)

Archived