Racemenu and Skyrim VR

I was just wondering if Racemenu in Skyrim VR is even going to be a possibility.  For all I know it does not work at this time and I have searched around the web and haven't found any attempts to get it working so I am assuming that it probably is very complicated to do.  I just got Sexlab, physics, SOS, and all my armor mods finally working together and I must say I am amazed I even got that far. For me, Racemenu and body morphs would be the last icing on the cake sort of speak, but I don't want to hold my hopes out there if there is something techinical I don't understand making these things impossible to do.  I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into these things. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get Racemenu for VR too. I've been searching high and low.

So far, what I've gathered is this:

The Racemenu DLL is compiled for the latest version of SE.

Which is ahead of VR version. So you can't use the latest version of Racemenu.

However, if you use an older version of Racemenu.

Specifically, I'm using Racemenu 0.2.7. (I haven't tested other versions, I just found someone else who mentioned this version of Google.)

Which does seem to semi-work.

It works as in there's no CTD, and I can get into the game just fine.

It doesn't work as in when you edit your character, it doesn't show the Racemenu one. It defaults to the vanilla one.

So, what I think, needs to happen for Racemenu to be fully supportive is:

1. The interface files has to be updated to support and work with VR.

And

2. The .dll has to be recompiled to the VR version of Skyrim.

And I doubt the second part will be possible, since it's closed source. And the developers don't have, or care, about VR.

With this said, I'm no export at this. So I could be wrong.

And I'd love to hear some more insight from other people who has been trying to play a rather heavily modded SkyrimVR as well. Or just mods in general?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, Zoey McKenzie said:

I would love to get Racemenu for VR too. I've been searching high and low.

So far, what I've gathered is this:

The Racemenu DLL is compiled for the latest version of SE.

Which is ahead of VR version. So you can't use the latest version of Racemenu.

However, if you use an older version of Racemenu.

Specifically, I'm using Racemenu 0.2.7. (I haven't tested other versions, I just found someone else who mentioned this version of Google.)

Which does seem to semi-work.

It works as in there's no CTD, and I can get into the game just fine.

It doesn't work as in when you edit your character, it doesn't show the Racemenu one. It defaults to the vanilla one.

So, what I think, needs to happen for Racemenu to be fully supportive is:

1. The interface files has to be updated to support and work with VR.

And

2. The .dll has to be recompiled to the VR version of Skyrim.

And I doubt the second part will be possible, since it's closed source. And the developers don't have, or care, about VR.

With this said, I'm no export at this. So I could be wrong.

And I'd love to hear some more insight from other people who has been trying to play a rather heavily modded SkyrimVR as well. Or just mods in general?

As noted here, Racemenu is the next thing standing in the way of getting Devious Devices working, specifically the nioverride part, that I think now belongs in skee64.dll which Racemenu provides. I heard that Racemenu 0.2.7 works (probably from the same links / googling you did), but I'm not convinced it's working in any real way. Firstly it's built for 2.0.9 of SKSE, not the 2.0.10 that's currently published, and the version after is built for 2.0.11. Secondly, there's the obvious complaint prompt message box from it at launch about the versions not matching. Mod Organizer also, once you exit back out, says explicitly that skee64 wasn't compatible (presumably that message box is followed by a refusal to load, and the game continues on without it, but Mod Organizer picks up on it).

I'm not familiar enough with the provenance of these things to figure out whether even just that DLL was something that could be recompiled, or who to go to, or how fundamental it is to Devious Devices (i.e. could the requirement be stripped out). But it seems like it's a super popular mod that's fundamental to a lot of other mods, so I do wonder if someone more experienced has managed to get it working and we just can't find the explanation how?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 8:03 AM, Foxyzu said:

he said that it supposed to be public, so can you please share the link if he actually gave it?

When he said that it was supposed to be public, he was referring to the post below it announcing that he'd start work on RaceMenu VR once he got a headset. Old news now. No download link.

11 hours ago, laurous said:

When he said that it was supposed to be public, he was referring to the post below it announcing that he'd start work on RaceMenu VR once he got a headset. Old news now. No download link.

I mean there weren't any news last time on that...

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, prinyo said:

There is a public release that everybody can try:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/racemenu-vr-2-32555429

I've been testing it and only potential CTD issue is on the tint system. Apparently some have noticed some CTD on inventory but the quick fix is to set bEnableTintInventory=0 in skeevr.ini

I have been running with it during thew week end along with sexlab+vr patch and everything works without game breaking issues (I have a weird thing where my physical stealth option randomly disable but not sure if the cause is racemenu and it`s easy to fix in game as it happens by checking back the option)

All in all while it`s definitely still an alpha (UI is not perfect and some features are not easy to access in VR still) it is functional while in game

18 hours ago, Foxyzu said:

The real question now is - does it have NiOverride

It does, is NiOvereride fully functional ?

It looks that way if only for that racemenu high heel is  working but I cannot guarantee 100% that everything is working (API for the mods  are though) 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up on HDT-Hairs with Racemenu. They work with latest HDT-SMP on flatrim, but the VR version HDT-SMP requires a recompile (and possible more) to latest version. If someone knows how to do that and want to share, please put it up. I really would love to have the latest VR HDT-SMP to use with Racemenu VR, but I do not want to bug Aers about it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...