Assets from mods

Hello!

What are the rules of uploading mods here on LL?

I have a mod from Nexus that has hundreads of npcs, but the author as has also filled the mods with dirty edits. Is it against LL forum rules if I upload a cleaned version of the mod here?

The npcs can then be copy pasted into whatever mods people are making, if they want more npcs

Does the Mod have a readme? Does the author say it is free to use, or do what you want but give credits  or NO permission to use any parts of the Mod????

If it is a Mod with folders and esp and you only upload the cleaned esp  people have to download the original. Think then it is ok.

15 hours ago, kukenmellantuttarna said:

Hello!

What are the rules of uploading mods here on LL?

I have a mod from Nexus that has hundreads of npcs, but the author as has also filled the mods with dirty edits. Is it against LL forum rules if I upload a cleaned version of the mod here?

The npcs can then be copy pasted into whatever mods people are making, if they want more npcs

If it is not marked by the mod author as free use, then you need permission to repost.  Even if you are just posting the esp.

Or you could take a liberal interpretion of their liscense statements... or more often than not, lack thereof. You give them due credit and go ahead, unless they've actually bothered to state that you need express permission to modify/redistribute their stuff. Just have the courtesy to at least attempt to get permission from the author. Strictly speaking you know, this is not how copyright in general works, but it's not like they can sue you and confiscate your house and auction your wife and children for slaves either. This has been long accepted in TES3/4 community that crediting should be enough unless otherwise restricted. Besides, again strictly speaking, not setting proper terms is their fault.

Note, LL or any site's official stance is (naturally) as Gregathit stated above.. you're on your own. It's more between you and them than you and LL. It's just that whose side LL will be on in case of trouble will vary depending on whether or not you have a solid "legal backing" (lol). As I said, just try to contact them once. Who knows they might actually respond to your mail...

• 2 weeks later...

I just now found this one:

so I'm not the first one playing with cm partners :)

Actually, my gold fish memory is trying to make me recall that I have downloaded that version of cm partners a while ago, but I have to check when my computer has been fixed.

The mod I am talking about in the post is this one it adds seven hundred npcs  and uses cm partners: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/29640

He has made another one as well with three hundred npc that has its own follower system.

He changes prices of gems and removes owners of shops  and weights of armors and all kinds of wild edits. I asked him before if I could send him a fixed version of it, but he got upset and said the changes would make my gameplay better. I guess thats why he leaves no permissions at all, people must have complained to him and he couldnt take it.

If I made a "patch" that should be loaded after his file but that actually replaces and removes all the funny edits he made 10 years ago, and uploaded it here, would anyone here get a really bad conscience?

Archived