Body Search - Dialog Patch for LE & SE

Body Search - Dialog Patch for LE & SE

View File

Body Search Dialog Patch. 

Original mod by @Suzutsuki "Body Search" is required. 

This is a simple patch mod, made in xedit for Body Search. What it does is the following: 

1. It makes substantial edits to the dialog in the mod. 
  2. The dialog has been edited, and cleaned up, checked for spelling, etc. 
  3. The dialog cleans up and edits the phrasing, so as to have a better flow, vernacular, etc. 

Why was this mod made? 

This is actually a really good mod, but it's clear that the dialog was hastily written. This is not in any way a reflection on @Suzutsuki, but the broken dialog patterns were kind of getting to me. Rather than complain about it, I just dumped the records into xedit and went to work. It's now a bit easier on the eyes, and flows a lot better. The phrasing and vernacular has a bit more variation and, to quote Todd... It just works. 

The dialog I rewrote and edited here, and present to you isn't necessarily a work of English literature...but if the Suzutsuki wants to incorporate the changes into Body Search...that's fine. Otherwise, if you want some fresh dialog for the mod, here you go. It comes in two flavors. 

• LE version: standard ESP. 
  • SE version: ESP flagged ESL for your pleasure. 

This mod needs to be placed below the original mod, obviously. It's been cleaned, kissed, bathed and presented to you here. Shout out to @4nk8r for QA on this. He gets props.

Bugs: if you encounter dialog that needs correction, or somehow does not make contextual sense...hit me up either on the LL discord, or in the thread here. I AM EVER WATCHFUL. 

[03/27/20] - Just modified the description a bit. No new version or anything.

Big thanks to @EgoBallistic for getting me started on digging deeper into modding guts which has now c̴̲̻̳̪̞̣͕͓̘̍͛̄̈́̓ͩ̉̆̈́̎̃̓̇ͧ̕͘o͌ͦ͑̏͐ͫ͐̇͒̾ͪ͊ͩͨ͗͏͏͟͏̨̫͙̻̩̬͎̜̭͉͎͙̹͈ͅm̙͍̪̪͙̳̥̘̻͕̫͓̻ͭ̅̐ͯͦ̅͆̈ͭ̀̚͘̕͡p̵̶̖̞̯̙̫̜̥̟͚̦ͨ̑͗ͣ̆̆ͮ̽ͫ̊̔ͫ̊͒͘͡ļ̨̥̤̝̼̤͙ͣ̐ͣ̎̊̌ͧͤ̆̃ê̵̯̹̳̫̻̺̻̝̥̠̱͔̲͚ͪ̐ͤ̊̓ͤ̄͋ͥ̅̂͂́̚̕͘t̵̳̮̼̞͉̟̱ͯ̓ͮͧ̊́ͯ͆̅͂̀̀͘͝e̡ͩͣͣͤ̉͆͏̲͔̩̺̲͕l̢̯̰̬ͧͪͨ̌ͭ̂̅ͬͣͬ̓̉͒̋ͯ͞y̷̷̨̤͇̯̠͚͈̞̓ͤ̊͛͌̌ͭͯ ̷̨ͦ̿̐̒͌̊̽̈́͋͛͢͡͏̦̥̼̭̖͓cͧ̿͒ͭͧ̒̇ͩ̏͌͒̐͏̥̭̞̞͎ǫ̴̺̮͓͈̺̲̃ͬ͗ͥ̿ͣ͂ͧ̚n͙̠̖̪͔̻̖͕̮̦͚͉̭̭͖̳ͯ̈́̑ͦͭ̆͐ͩ͂͐ͤ͡ͅṡ̷̓͒̎ͭ͆ͪͧ̿̾͂̀̀҉͚̙̼̭͙̳̣͈̯͉͎̜̠͜u̢̘̳̖̖͖̯͕͈̲̙͍̰̰̦͓̙̭ͬ̉̀̋̊͜͠͞ͅm̫̦̤̹̻̘̖̪̰̣͙̼̼̓̓ͥ̓͛͑̔̄͋ͧ̂̈̌͜͜e̡̻̗͎̺̦̤̖̽͐̅̊̊ͦ̎̇͆͛̎̔̽̓ͯͮ̄̓́̚͜͠͡d͍̙̞̮̳̦̱̭͈̟̼͈̣̣͍͋͋̓ͣ̂͑̕͞ ̇̊ͪ̋ͣͨ̐͏̸̶̢̩͙̙͍͇͇͉͕̭̼͇̯̠͍̙͓̥ṁ̶̵̸̭̪͓̝̯̖͕̪̼̳̬̠͉̦̭͖̘͚̂̈̏̈́̓ͤ́̄̚͘͡y̢̨̜͍̭̯̲̯̘̰̩̼̬̖͚̠̻̼̙̖̙ͣͬͫͩͪ̌͆̂͡ ̢̌̔ͯ͂̅͒ͮͤ̽̽̂̏͗̾̋̒͛҉̢̭̘̭͕̣̺͕͎̪͙̳̫̗̠̻̭̟ͅl̡̔͌ͣͭ͐̍̍ͧ͐̂ͧ̃̑ͣ̈̅ͩ́͏̛̤̩̞̠͎i͐͌̂̒̐ͧ̈́ͧͭ̕҉͏̢̛̰͎̟̤̯̞̮ͅf͙̻̫͈̪̘̖̭̯̬̳̮͖̟̺͉͈̭̏̈́̑̽͐̃̓͊̏̉͜͜ẹ̴̢̨̩̙͉͕͖̙͎̏̑͐́̆̈́̓̆ͭͪ̀͊ͩͮ̽̚ͅ.̵̸̨͈̯̲̹̠̘̃̎̿̐̓̐ͮ̒̄̽̾̏̂ͨ͑ͤ̆̉

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/13/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Body Search.
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

I see BodySearch was updated more recently than this mod ... will that be a problem?  I'm guessing so...

If possible, could you align your version numbers with BodySearch, or indicate which version of SL BodySearch your patch is built on?

In any event, thanks for doing this work ... improved dialogue will help immensely!

1 hour ago, Suzutsuki said:

I have never seen the mod patched because of poor English LOL

English isn't my native language. It can't be helped.

Hey, I hope you're not at all upset here... this is exactly why I said: this mod is no reflection at all on you. This mod is a must have for me, and many others. 

I also want to mention: it doesn't matter if English is not your native language! You did a hell of a job making the mod in the first place....I patched it, because I saw there was a need, and so...I did the work. ;) Just because someone isn't good with English, doesn't mean a thing in my opinion. You still made the mod, and put the hard work in here. 

If you DO want to roll this into the main mod, I wouldn't object. If you wish to keep that separate, that's more than fine too. This way, folks have a choice. User choice is always a good thing. 

57 minutes ago, Suzutsuki said:

In latest version I added conditions to some dialogues to prevent guards forcegreeting. I think patch file cancels these fixes.

Well, I'll be on the lookout, but I've been using the patch today (with the new update)...and it seems to be working just fine. I'll do a more rigorous test tomorrow. 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, WandererZero said:

I'll do a more rigorous test tomorrow. 

After running for the better part of a day, and testing it....everything seems fine and dandy, even with the new patch. My dialog patch only touches the associated dialog bits and bobs, and never touches conditions. 

It's perfectly safe to run. If anyone has any problem, or issue that would cause me to think otherwise, I'd be happy if you reported it here. 

Cheers. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 12:01 AM, cminnow said:

Dialogue is so much better with this! 

The original mod is a very good mod in idea, flow, visual context and play-through. This patch mod is needed and a good start, although I still edited it in CK making the guards more professional (charade) and authoritative - they are empowered after-all.  I got rid of the extensive used of "body search" due a search is a search, "I need to search your home", from then on it's assumed "home" is being searched". Likewise, it's assumed that when someone's says "I need to search you" they mean your "being" inclusive of your personal space (and body). I also replaced the "pocket" comments and called it as it is, this patch was halfway there with the use of "cavity search"... still hidden or secret pocket it's not. I added for female/male what it is... i.e. PL female "I'll need access to your vagina, so please bend over." and PL male uses rectum. for Lockpicks I also added an persuasive excuse that near every merchant sells them... plus replaced of the "had my fun" type statements by the guard with [grins] and [smiles] instead, yes, he's a pervert but he's not going to be so obvious and come right out and present himself as one. 

Seems that with a lot mods up here, I end up editing the dialog, I understand most of these were written by people from all over and English may not be their first language, but so many of the dialog comments read like they're coming from a pre-teen boy on the verge of puberty. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Gyra said:

It's based on WandererZero's patch. You can read the update details on the linked page. @WandererZero feel free to update if you're still alive.

I am quite alive.

Busy as hell, testing a Fallout 4 mod in beta, and getting ready for Starfield. However, not sure what it is that needs updating?

4 hours ago, WandererZero said:

I am quite alive.

Busy as hell, testing a Fallout 4 mod in beta, and getting ready for Starfield. However, not sure what it is that needs updating?

Think of this as a consistency fix to make it better fit inside the game. Some of your sentences forget a period punctuation mark at the end like many Skyrim dialogues while others could benefit from contractions (you have -> you’ve) to either shorten sentences or change the tense (“you have” -> “you’ve been”) to improve flow (if comparing sentences to be read vs to be spoken). The grammatically incorrect use of formal ellipsis to indicate trailing sentences in some dialogue also, subjectively, reduce the implied *force* of the speaking actor.

Like I said, my update justifications are on the linked page. You’re free to compare it with your plugin in xEdit and change your listing file if you see fit.

Edited by Gyra
28 minutes ago, Gyra said:

Like I said, my update justifications are on the linked page. You’re free to compare it with your plugin in xEdit and change your listing file if you see fit.

You're also free to fork it, and release it as a new thing...so long as you credit me along the lines of "Based on...". ;)

What I should really do, is update the page with some permissions. Which is what I will do next.