Rev's Creature Compendium Addon

Rev's Creature Compendium Addon

View File

Some new friends for you to play with...

Game getting stale? Need a change to challenge and intrigue you? Maybe it's time for something new... Well check this out. How about 20 new creatures and 4 new NPC's. All worked into leveled lists where I thought appropriate. Not to mention... a new race! Caution this pack has some mean stuff. Designed for a heavily modded game, vanilla warriors beware! All of this is pulled from resources provided by Puddles I found on "The Assimilation Labs" website.
Found here;
http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1389-more-creatures-dragon-break-edition/

If you have seen this resource before, expect that many things have changed. There are 2 versions of this mod. One with a CM Partner added for those who use CM Partners, and one without it added. I took heavy creative license, and a lot of time, to get everything as perfect and pretty as I could. I made 2 new ingredients and a customized vanilla mace. I also re-did the testing version for everything. If you want a peak, type coc testinghall in the console and find the door "TestRevComp" to see everything added by this mod. All of the inhabitants through the door are passive, unless attacked. Also, a table with the new items is in there too. A lot of other adjustment blah blah. I have done extensive testing and everything checks out. This mod isn't exactly lore friendly...

Let us run down the list;
Axolotl; Passive. 3 different colors. There are just cute. They are in the water.

Nixad; Aggressive. 2 colors. Nice To look at. Find them amongst imps.

Narwhal; Passive. Find this cool guy in the water.Aetheric Kite; Aggressive. Found in the water.

Orca; Aggressive. Sorry about the texturing, couldn't solve it. Still is a good addition. "Whale Meat" ingredient added be me. Found in the water.

Corrupted Shade; Very aggressive. Defender style fighter plus cold spells. "Defiled Bonemeal" ingredient added by me. Found with Skeleton Guardians.

Mistman; Very aggressive. Archer style fighter plus cold spells. "Defiled Bonemeal" ingredient added by me. Found with Skeleton Guardians.

Wrathman; Very aggressive. Defender style fighter plus cold spells. "Defiled Bonemeal" ingredient added by me. Found with Skeleton Guardians.

Death Hound; Deadly. Servants of Sheogorath sent out to hunt and kill unwary adventurers. Primarily found with Skinned Hounds in Dementia. Every pack needs an alpha...

Burnt Spriggan; Aggressive. Think of it as a sub-daedra, or a "turned" spriggan, that now fights for oblivion. Found amongst Flame Atronachs.

Burnt Spriggan Matron; Very Aggressive. A much stronger version of Burnt Spriggans. Found amongst Flame Atronachs.

Abyssal Fish; Deadly. A beautiful killer. Found amongst Slaughter Fish.

Daedric Leviathan; Deadly. Sleek and furious. Found amongst Slaughter Fish.

Sandrose Mauler; Deadly. If you fear anything, fear this. Massive, fast, and mean as oblivion. They have been known to be seen levitating, and are mostly passive in this state. Beware the water...

Gremlin; Aggressive. Small, green, and quick. Kinda like a treasure goblin... that attacks you. Found amongst Goblins.

Hammerfell Gremlin; Passive. Just for show, unless using the CM Partner version. In that case, "Pinky" is present as well. Found in the Harborside Warehouse, Anvil Bay.

ATTENTION;
The new race has not been set up for player use, though it is playable. The following are new NPC's and they require body mods to work properly (included nude versions). The females use HGEC M lower and D Cup Upper, very nice. The males use Robert's male v5.2 muscular athletic upper and lower, also very nice. A one piece male mesh is provided in case of that need. If you already use body replacers or don't want all of your npc bodies changed to nude, don't install these meshes. But I highly recommend it, and again they require HGEC female and Robert's male bodies to look proper. Otherwise the skin textures will be all wonky. Be aware, the head and upper body neck seams are not seamless, so that is normal.

Fire Daedra;Male; Aggressive. Strong combat and fire magic users. Special faction, weapon, and looks. Found with Dremora Kynreeve.
Female; Passive. Strong Combat and fire magic users. They are a special NPC that has betrayed the will of Mehrunes Dagon. Be warned, these are allies. To attack and kill one constitutes an assalt and murder on your record! Special faction, weapon, and looks. They will re-cast after 5 minutes. Found with Dremora Kynreeve.

Frost Daedra;Male; Aggressive. Strong combat and frost magic users. Special faction, weapon, and looks. Found with Dremora Kynreeve.
Female; Passive. Strong Combat and frost magic users. They are a special NPC that has betrayed the will of Mehrunes Dagon. Be warned, these are allies. To attack and kill one constitutes an assalt and murder on your record! Special faction, weapon, and looks. They will re-cast after 5 minutes. Found with Dremora Kynreeve.

Cleaned with Tes4edit ;)

All needed resources included, except a bbb skeleton. 

Requirements;
HGEC female body (any or included) and Roberts male (any or included) and a compatible skeleton (not included) 
CM Partners mod and anything it requires if you want to use "Pinky".
Shivering Isles for Death Hounds to spawn only. Not an absolute requirement.

Permissions;
The original mod Read Me (included) states the resources are free to use.
Raiar's HGEC female body and Robert's male V5.2 are well known free resources.

Credits;Puddles, Nuska, and others mentioned in the original Read Me's (included available Read Me's).
Raiar for HGEC female body and Robert for male V5.2.
DrakeTheDragon for making the script for the female daedra dancers. Thanks a bunch!

If I missed anyone for anything(hopefully not), let me know and you will be gladly added.

Your gonna love this!

!!!! Not Body replacer compatible !!! And OCO  !!!

This Mod will overwrite your  male and female body replacer in  data\meshes\charcters\_male.

And not sure if it is the same head (with egm, egt, tri ) as OCO in meshes\charcters\nusca\darkelf.  If not it will mess up  OCO

Since many years I talk and talk  "No body replacer , no skeletons in Mods ( armor- clothes Mods with BBB skeletons or body meshes in Mods.)

That why I always say  unpack Mods before you install an delete all trash.

Many people do not read, they install and test.

You have Requirements; HGEC in the discription so the people have a body. Add requirement "Roberts male" and delete the bodies .

Or at least a big warning in you discription  in RED : If you have HGEC installed delete the 4 female  body files  and if you have Roberts male installed delete the 4 male body files.

( But warnings in red .... I remember my BravilUnderground addon  "use only one esp" in red and in also in the readme ... but so many load orders with all 4 esp  )

I'll bet there will be some posts in the near future like : "My body has changed... I don't know why"
You have not added a BBB skeleton ( GOOD ! )  why the body files ?
You can add the bodies in a addon folder... but why if you have Requirements; HGEC and Roberts. 
If you want exactly the bodies you have added then add Requirement Blockhead and put the files in the Blockhead override folder and  add the body to the races in your Mod.

Same with OCO2 ( I only have a old OCO2 version and not installed , so I can not check if the head files in your Mod and the current OCO2 files are the same.
Why not unique folders ? new folders ?

And nothing wrong , but not mentioned in  the discription: The Mod change a lot of vanilla level lists and if you have other Mods that change the same level list it will conflict.  You need WryeBash and create a Bashpatch to get the changes from all the Mods that change one Level list.

Or the last Mod in load order wins.

-----------------------

Nice creatures.

43 minutes ago, fejeena said:

And nothing wrong , but not mentioned in  the discription: The Mod change a lot of vanilla level lists and if you have other Mods that change the same level list it will conflict.  You need WryeBash and create a Bashpatch to get the changes from all the Mods that change one Level list.

Or the last Mod in load order wins.

-----------------------

Nice creatures.

Or merge them and rewrite the leveled lists yourself...which can be a huge task.

Some of the textures don't seem to be able to load in, even with archive invalidation and a prioritized load order. They are as follows:
- whale meat

- defiled bonemeal

- all Soul Cairn creatures

- "fog" around Soul Cairn creatures and death hound

Additionally, the new mace does not seem able to load in either, as it is absent from the table in the test cell.

Everything else functions as it should, though. I find it amusing how overpowered the new daedra's swords are in relation to when you encounter the creatures.

The  bonemeal  and whale meat have wrong textures path

e.g. whale meat

c:\games\oblivion\data\textures\clutter\whalemeat\whalemeat.dds

Only if you have the same game install path you will see the objects and creatures in game.

Open the meshes in NifScope and change the textures path , delete the c:\games\oblivion\data\  so that  the path starts with textures\....

The creature Mistman, Wrathman, Corrupted Shade,  does not exist. In the esp the path is creatues\skeleton\  but there is no skeleton folder in the mod files

Not sure what's wrong with the effects, have not tested in game.

The creature Mistman, Wrathman, Corrupted Shade,  does not exist. In the esp the path is creatues\skeleton\  but there is no skeleton folder in the mod files

I took a closer look to see for myself, and indeed, no textures - or even meshes  - for them were ever included. Seems that's something I'll need to wait for the mod author to fix in an update. Perhaps the purple haze files might be included too, as they seem to be a trait of those beings that the death hound simply makes use of as well.

For that matter, I noticed a similar problem with the mace. However, since it's a modified vanilla weapon, I'm guessing the issue lies in the .esp itself?

Only if you have the same game install path you will see the objects and creatures in game.

Open the meshes in NifScope and change the textures path , delete the c:\games\oblivion\data\  so that  the path starts with textures\....

That at least sounds like an easy fix. I have a basic understanding of NifSkope, so I can at least do something about that.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, ReverendFelix said:

Hey all, sorry this mod is so bugged out. It is my first large mod attempt... I am currently involved in developing a different mod, but I will try to put some work in on this one soon. Thank you all for your input :)

Having lots of fun with the Gremlins. Added them to Shivering Isles lists.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, ReverendFelix said:

Yeah, I just got a chance to look at the file I uploaded. I must have been out of my mind... The odd thing is this mod has been on Nexus for a while now, and no one ever said a thing. I'll definitely try to give some time to this 1. 

Can you explain what's wrong with the Orca model/texture so I can try to fix it, @ReverendFelix?

Regarding the Fire Daedra and Ice Daedra "races", I've just not got around to creating a Robert's Female texture for them. It's been almost a year since I did any Oblivion modding - my life has been a trainwreck. I'm trying to get back into things.

The orca works.

The ingredient was wrong. The whalemeat. Wrong texturres path in the nif  :    c:\games\oblivion\data\textures\clutter\whalemeat\whalemeat.dds

And some other creatures had missing textures (e.g.  the texture for the particle shader )

But all can be found in the original single files.