mrrakkon's Sims (and stuff)

5 hours ago, babuchas said:

If you are using "Basemental drugs" mod and it is not updated it might be the cause. Update the mod. Another usual culprit might be any "cheat UI" mod. Remove it or update it and try again. 

No, you were right the first time, it's Basemental that causes the doors to disappear. Not sure why people don't update their mods without someone prompting them to do it.

?

Selda Demirci has been updated and reuploaded

01.png.c8021a667e6b07f9924a70eb5259786c.png

Alright! I got a little bit delayed on actually uploading this, but I hope people don't mind! This is a pretty major update! It's been a while since I uploaded my updated version of Selda and she's seen some changes over time, though more major ones were recent such as her new hairstyle (with a custom color swatch, like I've started doing for many sims).

I've also updated her description and generated parents for her! And I've uploaded her room seen in the header screenshot as well. 

01.png.ba618a82d2a996c1f89851357d5c8442.png

I have a question about the college sims you made:  To actually enroll them into the university of choice do I just add them into the dorm households or do I have to actually activate them, enroll them into the college, and then put them back as deactivated?  I have played around with my own sim being in enrolled but I always just kind of left the 3 original college sims alone to do their own thing.  I am just being lazy by asking and not doing the troubleshooting myself, lol.

17 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Selda Demirci has been updated and reuploaded

01.png.c8021a667e6b07f9924a70eb5259786c.png

Alright! I got a little bit delayed on actually uploading this, but I hope people don't mind! This is a pretty major update! It's been a while since I uploaded my updated version of Selda and she's seen some changes over time, though more major ones were recent such as her new hairstyle (with a custom color swatch, like I've started doing for many sims).

I've also updated her description and generated parents for her! And I've uploaded her room seen in the header screenshot as well. 

01.png.ba618a82d2a996c1f89851357d5c8442.png

dude ,that´s another 10/10

7 hours ago, mgunner2010 said:

I have a question about the college sims you made:  To actually enroll them into the university of choice do I just add them into the dorm households or do I have to actually activate them, enroll them into the college, and then put them back as deactivated?  I have played around with my own sim being in enrolled but I always just kind of left the 3 original college sims alone to do their own thing.  I am just being lazy by asking and not doing the troubleshooting myself, lol.

EA fucked us rotational players pretty hard with how university works. Hell, they fucked anyone, if you ever take in NPC university students into your played household... The university terms is literarly THE ONLY THING in the entire game that keeps on going (except sim age, but that you can turn off in the options) even when you aren't activly playing the household. The rest of the world is frozen until you return, but the terms keep going, meaning that if you put them in the university it is very likely that once you do move into the dorm when your own sim goes to university, or if you bring them into your household another way, they will be suspended due to poor grades and kicked out of university because AI-managed students pretty much all fail every one of their classes because EA made the decision to grade NPC students on the same grounds as played sims. Do you trust the AI to do it's homework and get to class on time when it can't even keep the roommate sims to not stink and fall asleep on the floor? Yeah...

So, yeah, the only way to add them to the university is to play them, you can't add them directly into the dorm, but if you actually want to play university with them there you either need to live in a different household than their dorm (so the game doesn't kick them out for bad grades) or add them in at the same time as your other sims. Any student sim you actually want to play at some point need to be played all the way through university, without switching household, or you are at severe risk of screwing their grades.

If you just want them there as window dressing for your own sims to hang out with while at university... play them, cheat them into university, stick them in a dorm and then never live in that dorm yourself. There is, as far as I know, no way to have a custom sim be an NPC in your own dorm. Only thing I can think of is using the "Copy appearance" function from MCCC and give an EA random sim the appearance of a custom sim, or just edit them in CAS so they aren't hidious atleast, which is what I tend to do.

So this turned into a rant... But honestly it's my biggest frustaration with how the game mechanically work so...

7 hours ago, Kashked said:

EA fucked us rotational players pretty hard with how university works. Hell, they fucked anyone, if you ever take in NPC university students into your played household... The university terms is literarly THE ONLY THING in the entire game that keeps on going (except sim age, but that you can turn off in the options) even when you aren't activly playing the household. The rest of the world is frozen until you return, but the terms keep going, meaning that if you put them in the university it is very likely that once you do move into the dorm when your own sim goes to university, or if you bring them into your household another way, they will be suspended due to poor grades and kicked out of university because AI-managed students pretty much all fail every one of their classes because EA made the decision to grade NPC students on the same grounds as played sims. Do you trust the AI to do it's homework and get to class on time when it can't even keep the roommate sims to not stink and fall asleep on the floor? Yeah...

So, yeah, the only way to add them to the university is to play them, you can't add them directly into the dorm, but if you actually want to play university with them there you either need to live in a different household than their dorm (so the game doesn't kick them out for bad grades) or add them in at the same time as your other sims. Any student sim you actually want to play at some point need to be played all the way through university, without switching household, or you are at severe risk of screwing their grades.

If you just want them there as window dressing for your own sims to hang out with while at university... play them, cheat them into university, stick them in a dorm and then never live in that dorm yourself. There is, as far as I know, no way to have a custom sim be an NPC in your own dorm. Only thing I can think of is using the "Copy appearance" function from MCCC and give an EA random sim the appearance of a custom sim, or just edit them in CAS so they aren't hidious atleast, which is what I tend to do.

So this turned into a rant... But honestly it's my biggest frustaration with how the game mechanically work so...

Ok, I just wanted them basically as window dressing and a place to be as an NPC.  So what I am understanding is to do it like I usually set up a NPC-run strip club....activate them, enroll them, move them into the dorm, deactivate them, and then let be to run their course and do whatever...it was how I did my strip clubs, activated the owner, bought the club, did all the hiring and happy horseshit, and then deactivated them and presto a NPC run strip club for my main to visit whenever they chose.  Yeah, I know, should be an easier way to do stuff...my main complaint is when I edit an original household in the game that contains a sim with only grandparents I have to first save the household and then replace them in CAS to edit but then I have to make the grandparents the parents because you cannot pick a "grandparent" relationship after that really, just a "parent-child" relationship....oh well....  There are two such households that I can think of right off the bat like that....one in University and one in Snowy Escape.  Thanks for the info though, saved me a couple of trial and errors, haha.

Edited by mgunner2010
47 minutes ago, mgunner2010 said:

Ok, I just wanted them basically as window dressing and a place to be as an NPC.  So what I am understanding is to do it like I usually set up a NPC-run strip club....activate them, enroll them, move them into the dorm, deactivate them, and then let be to run their course and do whatever...it was how I did my strip clubs, activated the owner, bought the club, did all the hiring and happy horseshit, and then deactivated them and presto a NPC run strip club for my main to visit whenever they chose.  Yeah, I know, should be an easier way to do stuff...my main complaint is when I edit an original household in the game that contains a sim with only grandparents I have to first save the household and then replace them in CAS to edit but then I have to make the grandparents the parents because you cannot pick a "grandparent" relationship after that really, just a "parent-child" relationship....oh well....  There are two such households that I can think of right off the bat like that....one in University and one in Snowy Escape.  Thanks for the info though, saved me a couple of trial and errors, haha.

Yeah, that will work. Just be aware that you can't live in the same dorm as them without them becoming "played", and likely kicked out of school, and if you invite them into your household they are likely to be suspended for bad grades so you wont be getting a sim with a grade.

There is a cheat to skip the application wait time that should be pretty handy for you, it's in the university "branch" of the cheatmenu, and they'll always be accepted as far as I know if you don't have a mod that changes that like me, so it's pretty easy to set up.

I *think* that you only should need to do it once though. Once you have an active household you should be able to just add the rest in by editing the household, but I'm not sure because there might be restrictions on that for dorm housing, and I haven't tried it. If it works you should be able to just edit the vanilla students that shipped with the game and replace them with your own sims.

Club 503 Update

CoverImage.png.7db31cf03c00bc1e55fddf81588552e7.png

So I had doing this in the back of my mind since platforms were introduced with the Snowy Escape pack, I figured at some point I would have to update my nightclub to actually use platforms instead of using the old trick of a high building foundation and deleting the floor (which seems to have some issues with temperature and lighting, or it did at least). 

Doing so however I ended up remodelling and re-arranging much of the interior of the main floor of the club. I like the version of the club, but since the old one is still fully functional I figured I'd just make a new post for this and upload the new version separately and keep the old one, if anyone prefers the old one.

Also the pictures I took to demonstrate the club are much less elaborate (I just took them in build mode with no sims present). However I just recently finished making a video where I used the club as location, so perhaps that's a better demonstration of the club than the overview pictures below. 

Floorplan

Floorplan1.png.c52368e8f2a849b64de0eee8922dd165.png   Floorplan2.png.e75298280f6747ff56cee5c65c8ca2a2.png   FloorplanB.png.a443604960ba0673431e94c9b673f7dc.png

Spoiler

Exterior1.png.b4e616a976c8ab57c765e6324aee9031.png

Exterior2.png.0e6c49daba88c483ed232a6911404dea.png

Mainfloor1.png.3a6d5b2a4066b98cd7a9e75073772117.png

Mainfloor2.png.ac77fcc016fb553a4749723ccf0b6ad0.png

Mainfloor3.png.fe13437fdaa88d9344339d77471f0544.png

Mainfloor4.png.2ab6ab0549eaae9ee1bd08824d3f42a1.pngBar1.png.3d4e0c1951bf3bef406bed2e882291e6.png

Stairway1.png.a13db2ca70b08d9db107152a5aca9672.png

VIPBalcony1.png.1ca71917ef5e3b1d334405743d2a971f.png

VIPBalcony2.png.60e1902425e6ee7b38ecfe11694dd202.png

VIPRoom1.png.c0dac9c40cb1562417a1538976f9fecf.png

VIPRoom2.png.615a2604e99b2e686b2e1c89cedf8b17.pngBasement1.png.c73c4a69a797f2cceb8b7e48ec26c8c0.pngBathroom1.png.9fb1cffc9b1a747f54f520549c3902d3.pngBathroom2.png.370f4a3e15ac67540be277942f329b7f.png

Oooohhh... I'm hesitant to swap out the old club, since I've had it so long I'd be sad to see it change, besides, I have my own alterations to it, but I'll download the file just to get that billboard of Alfonso Alto to plaster over all his properties. That's new right? I don't think I've seen that in my game.

Through no coincidence he own that Club 503 (and a couple of others) in my world as well.

Just now, Kashked said:

Oooohhh... I'm hesitant to swap out the old club, since I've had it so long I'd be sad to see it change, besides, I have my own alterations to it, but I'll download the file just to get that billboard of Alfonso Alto to plaster over all his properties. That's new right? I don't think I've seen that in my game.

Through no coincidence he own that Club 503 (and a couple of others) in my world as well.

The billboard was not part of the old version (which seems to have more CC in general than the new version somehow, guess I cut back on something during the renovation), but it was part of the version included in my save file. There's also a portrait in the entry room behind the counter 

1715965411_08-29-21_6-51-59PM-3.png.d43803741ea05dd06649f8a35dcbf52d.png

Doing a reinstall. Clean everything, empty mods folder, etc.

Downloaded Selda, her family, and the shared CC archives. Installed everything- and both Selda and Mom have the red and white clown face texture like there's a missing mesh. Narrowed it down to something in the cheek scar slot that's missing.

Any idea what it is? Seems to be missing from those downloads.

28 minutes ago, S_Moore said:

Doing a reinstall. Clean everything, empty mods folder, etc.

Downloaded Selda, her family, and the shared CC archives. Installed everything- and both Selda and Mom have the red and white clown face texture like there's a missing mesh. Narrowed it down to something in the cheek scar slot that's missing.

Any idea what it is? Seems to be missing from those downloads.

Do you have wild guys nude details (linked in the download description)? Might help to get that, because I made alternate slot versions of some of those and they might somehow not be standalone, they used to be and that's what I chose in S4S but lately it's not turned out that way. It's probably the pubic hair, should work fine to just remove what's in the cheek scar slot as well to get rid of the glitch. 

3 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Do you have wild guys nude details (linked in the download description)? Might help to get that, because I made alternate slot versions of some of those and they might somehow not be standalone, they used to be and that's what I chose in S4S but lately it's not turned out that way. It's probably the pubic hair, should work fine to just remove what's in the cheek scar slot as well to get rid of the glitch. 

Aha. Bet that's it. I had forgotten to download that.

I just removed whatever was in that slot and played on, but your idea makes plenty of sense.

Does anyone else see the 'Jewishness' in these girls...or is it just me? No insults intended, but these girls have Jewish noses for sure!

Your girls all look great by the way! A lot of work indeed!

Edited by Winter Soul
38 minutes ago, Winter Soul said:

Does anyone else see the 'Jewishness' in these girls...or is it just me? No insults intended, but these girls have Jewish noses for sure!

Your girls all look great by the way! A lot of work indeed!

All of them? I guess the noses are a certain preference of mine, a result of the reference pictures I've used to make my sims. Some are supposed to be Jewish, though there's others also meant to be of Middle Eastern and Hispanic descent and such. 

13 hours ago, Mqex said:

Heads-up that I'm getting the red and white faces skin glitch for the new Selda and her mother. Is that an issue on my end or a component mod? Happening out of the box and with the mod you linked a while back.

And you have wild_guy's female body details? Did you try to remove anything from the scars category?

23 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

And you have wild_guy's female body details? Did you try to remove anything from the scars category?

Hmm, I'm hopping on now to try checking the scars category. For the body details, do you know which element of it we need from the pack? I believe I have everything that should be relevant but wild_guy FemaleDefaultNudeSkin.package.

Edit: It was the cheek scars, yeah. I keep forgetting they added scars so I missed it when I tried to clear the character to check before.

Thanks.

Edited by Mqex

Hannah Albright has been updated and reuploaded

01.png.60837224c08b9ff0b516f34863b3acbc.png

Standard kind of deal, not a major redesign but small changes here and there. More detail in terms of traits than before. To counteract the problems where it seems my "standalone" edits aren't actually standalone, I included the source packages (wild_guy and such), remove those (in skin detail) if you already have them. 

Also worth noting she uses the new nail polish accessories from the new patch, looking at it they look pretty good, but they actually seem to conflict with the textures of some CC clothing so I'm going to keep using CC nail polish as well which don't have that issue, but I haven't yet decided if I want to actively change all of them to the new CAS category or not (this would cause issues with older sims where the unmodified versions are included for instance). 

DanceGIF.gif.eb6ff1f97ca3d4d6a8ea756196b75523.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Jocelyn Zavala has been updated and reuploaded

00.png.1591c9ebe2c3c5600fa0c5777c39835d.png

Though her face is the same, I've changed some skin details and edited her body somewhat using body sliders. In addition to that most of her warderobe has been overhauled, though the style is still mostly the same. Check out the post, also there is the download link for an optional part of the updated version. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
On 9/21/2021 at 12:36 AM, tensepunisher said:

I noticed that there were several Sims in the video on post #1359 that you don't have on your list. You've mentioned in the past that you've used Sims from other creators and modified them in your own style, are some of those Sims featured in the video or are they WIPs?

It's a little bit of both, you'd have to specify. 

Anyway, in general I hope people don't mind my current trend of mostly focusing on uploading updated versions of older sims rather than finishing up new ones. Also that my current pace is perhaps a bit slower than it's been in the past, it just so happens that I'm left a bit more busy now than was the case before.