Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

There is a weather, I assume from NAC-X, that looks like it's snowing, but has no environmental occlusion. Like in oldrim you get the full visuals when in interiors like RR truck stop. Any way to fix that?

Edited by arshesney

Fireflies are fine, they are pretty recognizable and only happen at night. It's a weather with (I think) dust particles that look like snowflakes, it is possible to get it during daytime and don't care about shelters, either built or pre-existing.

I now got one (the rarer red radstorm) that fits your description.

Looks like the particles are coming more from the side than above. That would explain why they could reach you through openings. I could be wrong but it seems to be affected by walls and only came through the windows.

When it comes to built houses FO4 has always been problematic and the roofs often don't get recognized. Especially fog and rain seems to ignore that and i havn't found a solution for that behaviour (if one even exists atm).

I've been through (hopefully i didn't miss one) all mods and the icons, including mine, should now work as intended. I'll start a new char to make sure there are no hidden surprises left. Typos can really ruin your day!

If all goes well i can finally make the update i've been working for... 

Of course its the big mods that cause problems when you want to patch them... With the exception of 'Synthetic Player' and 'The Great Green Juwel' everything works. I got 'Creatures and Monsters' working but the permission for an upload is missing (got to see if i can do something about it).

I created my own patch for 'CaM' (so permissions arn't needed anymore), 'SP' now works too and 'TGGJ' needs a bit more tweaking. The big elephant is 'Sim Settlements 2' i got a working Beta, but that one still needs a lot of work and is a nightmare to go through.

Two weeks - going through thousands of entries - and still not the end...

A few of the new (i had to create some) icons:

Icons.jpg.642e9b9ad8a4f854f2fc13ffec76d57c.jpg

Food is now separated - Soup, Meal, Meat, Plants, Fungi and if they are radioactive or not.

Settings get a Holotape (a lot were missing).

Usable items, that trigger something, get a 'switch' symbol

Armors were a complete mess. I reworked those. No more 'Gray Knit Cap' being a helmet or dresses having the wrong icon...

Etc.

Edited by Aylis

I narrowed it down, it's the "Snow" NAC-X weather, snowflakes fall pretty angled, almost horizontal, so that might be it. I also found a nasty bug with "Have a beer", sometimes the character will randomly pop a drink during combat, have no idea what's triggering it. In mod's comment there are talk about NPCs using item, but I have it happening even when fighting beasts.

cool mod list! working most of the times but very random crashes from starting up game to play game hour before crash. Though it kinda misses challenge that i was looking for. Have you considered at any point mixing Horizon to this list? if not is it anywhere near compatible with current list?

@arshesney

I doesn't completely replace CBP, so i kept it in.

@tangosuka

1. Sadly VIS-G isn't completely compatible to VIS/FallUI. That can cause crashes (and thats why i'm working on creating patches). Also SS2 is, as i heard, a bit unstable. 

2. Depends on the area. Getting from Diamond City to Goodneighbor is quite a challenge if you're at a lower level.

3. Horizon would require a complete rework plus a lot of patches. Also afaik there are a few mods in the list that don't play nice with it.

Luxor released his final update. And this will change a lot for the installation process (aka makes it easier). This will also remove quite a few ESP/ESL as it updates the main texture files of the game and those arn't required anymore. 

I also got a new mod for the trees. That one is extremely good and now the trees can (almost) compete with the ones from Skyrim.

Edited by Aylis
Typo

Planned changes (aka this isn't final):

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

BNS Trees Only                                                                              Found a better solution

Pine Trees Redone1 - BNS 2.4                                                                          ''

Mirelurk Nest                                                                                 Redundant

Wasteland Nights - moon and stars textures                                Gets replaced by a required mod

Memory Bank Conduits                                                                 Seems to have a hidden conflict

Enhanced Lights and FX                                                                 Found a better solution

ELFX before UWBF(CWSS-DLC) Compatibility Patch                     Got integrated into another mod

Capital Wasteland Raider Pack                                                       One armor got skin issues

Service Rifle                                                                                    Too many patches (i found 'a few' more) for one gun

Service Rifle - Sound Replacer                                                       Redundant

Service Rifle AWKCR and Sorting Patch                                                 ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - Service Rifle Redux                                   ''

High Resolution Texture Pack 2K and 4K - Valius                                  ''

SavrenX Junk and Props DLC                                                          Got (sort of) integrated into another mod

SavrenX Buildings and Interior                                                                                     ''

SavrenX Settlement and Clutters                                                                                  ''

SavrenX Settlement and Clutters DLC                                                                          ''

Unique NPCs - Creatures Monsters - VIS-G Patch                         Got my own patch

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 1                                            Got integrated into another mod

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 2                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 3                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 4                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 5                                                                  ''

Red Rocket got a new interior wall paint                                                              ''

Diamond City HD                                                                                                  ''

Glowing Sea Ash HD                                                                                             ''

Vault 111 HD                                                                                                         ''

Luxor's HQ LOD                                                                                                     ''

Luxor's Far Harbor HQ Tree LOD                                                                           ''

Nuka World Mountain and Rocks LOD fix                                                             ''

Rocks and Trees                                                                             Got (sort of) integrated into another mod

Truck Trailer Flatbed (Boxcar Frame)                                                                             ''

Perfect landscape                                                                                                          ''

SavrenX Food and Foodware                                                        ? Redundant ?

SavrenX Organic Gore                                                                   ? Redundant ?

Mods to ADD

Spoiler

Commonwealth Mini Dresses (BA)

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Customization

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Replacer

Long coat with skirt

Long Coat With Skirt Replacer

Long Johns Replacer for the girls

Slooty Synth Uniform

Slooty Synth Uniform - AE not required

?Simply merge it with the main file

Slooty Synth Uniform - CBBE

More Map Markers

Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux (VTWOR)                                                               (Fixes the spotlights too? Recheck)

Sprint Stuttering Fix

Synthetic Player

Diamond City: The Great Green Jewel (Video)

Diamond City Plus

Pine Forest Redone                                                                       Way better than the previous solution

?Simply merge the fix into the main file

?Don't forget the LOD patch from Fallout 4 HD Overhaul

?I strongly recommend to use the fog addon.

Fallout 4 HD Overhaul

Visible Galaxy and Framework                                                      Requirement

Ultra Interior Lighting

Ultra Exterior Lighting

Not Recommended

Spoiler

Wasteland Dairy Framework                                                        Ran into random crashes (any action could trigger CTD) with it installed

Preview

Spoiler

enb2021_6_7_23_57_55.jpg.b0069754c75cd1389d908cca3ccf03d8.jpgScreenShot85.jpg.411cff59cffccc0b8c5160605cfc64f5.jpgenb2021_6_6_11_52_31.jpg.8bdf552eb29077b28dad92460fda6c01.jpg

ToDo

Wrapping up more patches

Figuring out how to use Fallout 4 HD Overhaul without overwriting the original files...   No extra work required with MO2

Edited by Aylis
Update
32 minutes ago, arshesney said:

@Aylis HD overhaul can be installed like any mod, no need to overwrite stuff in the original data.

Doesn't sound like that:

Download all 15 zip Archives, unpack and
replace the original ba2 Files in your Data Folder.

Keeping them separate would afaik mean that they won't get recognized without a file (like an ESP) to load them.

• Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.0.4 (ZEX / 3BBB / Bodytalk)

Last update

Updating Status to '3.0.4'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

With the last update Luxor changed modding of the base game in FO4 completely. His pack will be the foundation for textures and from now on every other texture will be compared to his pack (same as MNC was for FO3).

The good thing is that it now runs smoother and the loading times have improved too. The new overhaul of the trees makes them almost as good as Skyrim. So over all a big visual update with improved performance.

Mods to RERUN

Modern Weapon Replacer - Mk18 CQBR  <- Changed to 'Assault Rifle'

Bashed Patch

REMOVED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

High Resolution Texture Pack 2K and 4K - Valius                           Got (sort of) integrated into another mod

SavrenX Junk and Props DLC                                                                                       ''

SavrenX Buildings and Interior                                                                                     ''

SavrenX Settlement and Clutters                                                                                  ''

SavrenX Settlement and Clutters DLC                                                                          ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 1                                            Got integrated into another mod

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 2                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 3                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 4                                                                  ''

luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 5                                                                  ''

Diamond City HD                                                                                                  ''

Glowing Sea Ash HD                                                                                             ''

Vault 111 HD                                                                                                         ''

Luxor's HQ LOD                                                                                                     ''

Luxor's Far Harbor HQ Tree LOD                                                                           ''

Nuka World Mountain and Rocks LOD fix                                                             ''

BNS Trees Only                                                                               Found a better solution

Pine Trees Redone1 - BNS 2.4                                                                               ''

Textures
Mirelurk Nest                                                                                 Got integrated into another mod

Red Rocket got a new interior wall paint                                                              ''

Rocks and Trees                                                                             Got (sort of) integrated into another mod

Truck Trailer Flatbed (Boxcar Frame)                                                                      ''

Perfect landscape                                                                                                   ''

Wasteland Nights - moon and stars textures                                Gets replaced by a required mod

NPC

Unique NPCs - Creatures Monsters - VIS-G Patch                         Got my own patch

Building

Memory Bank Conduits                                                                 Seems to have a hidden conflict

Weather and Lighting

Enhanced Lights and FX                                                                 Found a better solution

ELFX before UWBF(CWSS-DLC) Compatibility Patch                      Redundant

Armor and Weapons Override

Capital Wasteland Raider Pack                                                       One armor got skin issues

FN-FAL                                                                                            Textures look off

FN-FAL - Textures                                                                           Redundant

Modern Weapon Replacer - FN-FAL                                                      ''

Service Rifle                                                                                    Too many patches (i found 'a few' more) for one gun

Service Rifle - Sound Replacer                                                        Redundant

Service Rifle AWKCR and Sorting Patch                                                  ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - Service Rifle Redux                                    ''

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Fallout 4 HD Overhaul

Pine Forest Redone                                                                       Way better than the previous solution

FO4 HD Overhaul Pine Forest Redone LOD Patch

F4SE

Fallout Priority

Place Everywhere

Sprint Stuttering Fix

Textures

Visible Galaxy and Framework                                                      Requirement

Armor

Eli's Armour Compendium

Eli's Armour Compendium - Precombined Meshes

Eli's Armour Compendium - Precombined Meshes CBBE

Slooty Synth Uniform

Slooty Synth Uniform - AE not required

Slooty Synth Uniform - CBBE

Ghillie Mod Redux

Override

Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping

Pillows for Sleeping Bags and Tents

More Map Markers

Building

Longer Power Lines

Subgroup: Sim Settlements 2

Sim Settlements 2 - Bare Essentials

Sim Settlements 2 - Ruined Homes and Gardens 2.0

Sim Settlements 2 - Scrappers Addon

Sim Settlements 2 - So I Made Plans Addon Pack

Sim Settlements 2 - Wasteland Venturers Addon

Subgroup: City Plans

Sim Settlements 2 - City Plan - Kingsport Lighthouse

Sim Settlements 2 - City Plan - Murkwater - All praise Atom

Sim Settlements 2 - City Plan - The Circle

Patches

Synthetic Player

Weather and Lighting

Ultra Interior Lighting                                                                  No more lighting bugs

Ultra Exterior Lighting

Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux (VTWOR)

Armor and Weapons Override

Commonwealth Mini Dresses (BA)

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Customization

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Replacer

Long coat with skirt

Long Coat With Skirt Replacer

Long Johns Replacer for the girls

Modern Weapon Replacer - MWM4 M4A1                                 To replace the 'Service Rifle'.

Caravan Shotgun

Final

Eli's Armour Compendium precombines for CRP

Diamond City Plus

Diamond City: The Great Green Jewel (Video)

The Better Third Rail

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures                                         Moved from 'Weather and Lighting'.

Icon Tags Extended

Icon Patches

Sorting - Base Game

Uploads

Icon Tags Extended

Icon Patches

Sorting - Base Game

Edited by Aylis
Update

@arshesney

I saw that one. ;)

Luxor sort of forced my hand as his mod was too important to delay (just look how many mods it replaced). Right now the RPG and the AER-15 are tricky when it comes to icons (might do SS2 first before tackling them again). And there are a few more mods on my list here i might include later:

☑️Caravan Shotgun

Mauser Pistol

Gun For Hire - Commonwealth Mercenary Jobs       Flashy is still doing mods. Yay! ? But we might need a patch from SS2

AX-50 Anti-Materiel Rifle                                           Replacement for the other one?

Combined Arms - Modern Weapon Pack                  This one is a bit scary and might be harder to integrate as i already use some of the weapons...

☑️Eli's Armour Compendium                                         Already used this one before

☑️Eli's Armour Compendium - Precombined Meshes   Didn't know this one. If this works out the Compendium will be back in.

Btw. the patch you made. It would be better if you make a post for download (like i did for the icon patches) which i could add to the list. Easier for you in case you have to change or update it, easier for me as i don't have to change something in case of an update.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis

Hey again Aylis. Thank you for taking on Fallout 4. I love your work in Skyrim.

Couple of things I came across:

HudFramework is listed twice under UI. I left the top one active - was unsure if the bottom one was a repeat or something else.

Under Advanced building - the robots (Radar/Tidy/Cop/etc) - it looks like your icon/sorting patch requires the .esl, but the modlist didn't say to grab the .esl - easy enough but thought I'd mentioned it.

Then for anyone else:

Do we still need to generate LODs with the new Fallout 4 HD Overhaul? For some reason when I moved from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4, option to select commonwealth disappeared in the FO4LODGen. Any help/advice for the LODs would be appreciated. Thank you!

Finally, what are we using FO4 edit for?

FO4Edit

Don't worry, we'll need it only once to start a script.

Repost

@Eien808

Happy to hear that you like my work. :)

1. O.o Fixed
2. Good point. Will add something. Done

3. That is something i'll tackle later. Sadly that part looks like it is not as easy as in Skyrim. So finding the best way and writing instructions will be interesting.

4. That is not needed atm. But, if i can pull it off, i'll write instructions how to implement/change icons and then it is required.

In the works:

Eli's Armour Compendium  

Eli works fine - will be added.

Caravan Shotgun Looks very nice and will be added.

Mauser Pistol With better textures i'd add it, but not with those...

Ghillie Mod Redux Interesting mod and it does make sense in FO4

ESP for icons have been updated.

Edited by Aylis

Miniupdate

Adding the following mods to the list and the last status update:  Done + Done

Eli's Armour Compendium  

Caravan Shotgun 

Ghillie Mod Redux

Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping

Pillows for Sleeping Bags and Tents 

Updating the 'Icon Patches' to V1.1  Done

Edited by Aylis

The VHS-2 Rifle is a good weapon, but there are a few things why i won't include it:

1. It sells for an incredible amount of caps. I could craft two or three and would be able to buy the most expensive special weapon and/or armor with it. Aka feels cheaty.

2. The weapon just feels out of place, add to that its LL and i think it doesn't fit. A single one as a prototype, like the HK G36, would work for me, but not several.

3. The required mod for it interferes badly with the starter shotguns.

On the other hand we got the McMillan CS5. It does fit and i'll add it.

Trash and Rubble Pile Replacer is looking good too. The recommended 'Gravel Redone' is not needed.

LString Fallout Bow is something to watch. Atm there are some problems with animations but once that is fixed i might add it as well.

Nope to Immersive Animation Framework. I don't like the look of drinking and eating. We'd need better textures and meshes for this to work well.

Edited by Aylis
4 hours ago, Aylis said:

The VHS-2 Rifle is a good weapon, but there are a few things why i won't include it:

1. It sells for an incredible amount of caps. I could craft two or three and would be able to buy the most expensive special weapon and/or armor with it. Aka feels cheaty.

2. The weapon just feels out of place, add to that its LL and i think it doesn't fit. A single one as a prototype, like the HK G36, would work for me, but not several.

3. The required mod for it interferes badly with the starter shotguns.

On the other hand we got the McMillan CS5. It does fit and i'll add it.

Trash and Rubble Pile Replacer is looking good too. The recommended 'Gravel Redone' is not needed.

LString Fallout Bow is something to watch. Atm there are some problems with animations but once that is fixed i might add it as well.

Nope to Immersive Animation Framework. I don't like the look of drinking and eating. We'd need better textures and meshes for this to work well.

you gave up on the fn-fal mod? i'm still using the list from like a year ago.. ?

@jaeos

Then you should definitely take a look at the new texture setup. Those drastically improve the game. Plus the new trees and the game got an uplift closing in on newer games.

Yeah, the FN-FAL is gone. Wasn't up to the quality i want to achieve.

Adding entry 'Samurai' to post #3. Not my cup of tea (i prefer to bring a gun to a gunfight) but an additional option to play the game for some players. Done

Uploaded FO4B - Sanctuary Startup. A little something to get you started with 'SS2'.

I love my Nuka Cola Refrigerated Display Case

Spoiler

ScreenShot113.jpg.c5ea17b7ea17eb929ad8bb31fc6e3484.jpg

If you intend to export a settlement make a hard save before doing that, wait 'til it is finished, and reload that save after you're finished. Otherwise there might be problems.

Checking out:

☑️Long Range Bullet Holes

☑️Gore Overhaul 3.0

Sanctuary Doors

Vault-Tec rep is a person

1911 Corvus                          Better 1911?

Metro Gas Masks

Metro Gas Masks Replacer

Found the first parts of the ghillie suit (plus a rare weapon). Gunner sharpshooters will use them and some hunters too.

Spoiler

1099146944_Ghillie01.jpg.5a82c4b130bfcd286ef0663da3411680.jpg

Edited by Aylis

The icons for the 'Ghillie Suit' are way more complicated than expected as the tool i used completely ignored the naming rules and the weapons. Looks like i'll have to use a general term for the suit and the location will be added below that.

temp.jpg.67f97ac0328d6dfea6b7c4b88471c7b2.jpg

'Ghillie Suit' works, but what is with 'USAF ... '?

'Uniform' doesn't seem right, 'Equipment' or 'Coverall/Overall' too...

Do they have a special term for this kind of suit? Or would it simply be 'USAF Ghillie Suit'? As non-american i don't even know if they have a special name for it (what came up in my search wasn't really helpful). Camoflage? C-Suit? Cam-Suit?

@wollboi @jaeos

Do you guys have an idea?

Edited by Aylis