Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

According to the OA he didn't know much when he created that mod. Thats why it is sometimes tanking the FPS. He promised an update but if and when that happens is to be seen.

1. Yes, a lot.

2. Nope, had to change the version if i remember correctly.

3. They were flickering. There... Gone... Back when you moved... Gone again in another position... Really annoying.

4. AMD RX570

At the moment i keep it off the list. Too many issues at the same time and the solutions (if there are any) are hard to find. The idea itself is good, but the mod needs a few patches/updates before i'd reinstall it again. The other mods he did work much better in that regard.

Testing The Machine And Her. This quest/companion mod is working very nicely so far.

The machine and her are good. Hadn't gotten into it in depth, but the bit I did play was good. 

That actually makes senses. I know some of the CC mods have gotten one or two updates since they came out, so there must be some incentive to work on them. Be interesting to see if the AMR gets an update at some point. It's a mod that could definitely use some love. 

I'm currently working on the Lexington mod to see what's going on there. I've got some ideas, see where they go, though a lot of it is going to depend on how many of the bugs I get myself. I know I was running into a similar issue with another area outside of Lexington affected by tales of the commonwealth. Don't remember if I fixed that or not though. 

Changing Status to 2.02

Just as i feared the 'Looksmenu Compendium' causes the 'Black/Brown Face' bug. But we loose a lot not using it... I'll try to find a way to get it to work.

A few more screenshots were added.

REMOVED mods:

Armorsmith Extended - Tactical Flashlights (Doesn't work anymore)

Fission Gal - a Fusion Girl Body Preset (Found a better one)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

PC

Josie Body - Fusion Girl BodySlide Preset

NPC

The Machine And Her

Head Rear Fix (Went down from PC)

Patches

Better Cooking Stations (I consider this a bugfix)

Better Cooking Stations - Far Harbor and Nuka World

Salem Turrets - Gun Run Fix 

Testing mods:

Accuracy International AX50 Anti-Materiel Rifle

SKK Settlement Attack System (I could swear i had that in the list before ?)

1 hour ago, Skag said:

Hey Aylis, just to clarify. Going through the mod list you're running both CBBE and Fusion Girl simultaneously, not as a pick one or the other option? 

It should as far as I am aware be one or the other, guides for things like aaf all say fusion girl OR cbbe, they are after all different bodies.

6 hours ago, Skag said:

Hey Aylis, just to clarify. Going through the mod list you're running both CBBE and Fusion Girl simultaneously, not as a pick one or the other option? 

5 hours ago, Varithina said:

It should as far as I am aware be one or the other, guides for things like aaf all say fusion girl OR cbbe, they are after all different bodies.

I use both and have no issues. CBBE is in there as a fallback if an equipment/armor got no preset for fusion girl. 

So far it looks like 'CBBE Curvy' and 'FG Josie' are close enough that you won't notice the difference if you mix armors. But i might end up using 'Josie' for both later on.

Added Josie Body - Fusion Girl BodySlide Preset (Moved in post #227)

Previous update info

Changing Status to 2.03

This should finally solve all problems with the AMR. We don't need as many patches and/or additional ESP/ESL as with either the CC AMR or the one from FO4NV (which is very good and almost made it into the list). The AX50 doesn't modify any NPC and was added in a lore-friendly way. Both a big plus and finally made me decide for this version of an AMR.

REMOVED mods:

None

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Sound

Tactical Loading Screen

Override

SKK Settlement Attack System

Building

Generator - Fusebox-Powerbox

Patches

Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul

Weapons

Accuracy International AX50 Anti-Materiel Rifle (Shouldn't it be 'Material?)

See Through Scopes

AX50 - See Through Update

AX50 - See Through Hotfix

Planned tests:

Josie Body - CBBE BodySlide Preset ('Normal' version doesn't work as i hoped)

Josie Body - Slim CBBE BodySlide Preset

Depravity

Outcasts and Remnants

On 7/8/2020 at 6:31 AM, Aylis said:

Changing Status to 2.02

Just as i feared the 'Looksmenu Compendium' causes the 'Black/Brown Face' bug. But we loose a lot not using it... I'll try to find a way to get it to work.

A few more screenshots were added.

REMOVED mods:

Armorsmith Extended - Tactical Flashlights (Doesn't work anymore)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

The Machine And Her

Head Rear Fix (Went down to NPC)

Better Cooking Stations (I consider this a bugfix)

Better Cooking Stations - Far Harbor and Nuka World

Testing mods:

Accuracy International AX50 Anti-Materiel Rifle

SKK Settlement Attack System (I could swear i had that in the list before ?)

Josie Body - Fusion Girl BodySlide Preset ('Alice' doesn't work properly - this one looks promising)

Salem Turrets - Gun Run Fix (This should help with an annoying quest)

SKK is actually pretty good. I've used it to test out some of my sim settlement defenses in the past. Looking forward to trying it out with pack attack.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:32 AM, Aylis said:

I use both and have no issues. CBBE is in there as a fallback if an equipment/armor got no preset for fusion girl. 

So far it looks like 'CBBE Curvy' and 'FG Josie' are close enough that you won't notice the difference if you mix armors. But i might end up using 'Josie' for both later on.

Added Josie Body - Fusion Girl BodySlide Preset (Moved in post #227)

Yeah, trying to run cbbe and FG at the same time can be tricky. I tried a setup using cbbe for npcs, and FG for the player as a means of seeing if I could get Unique Player and Follower Redux working with FG. It kinda worked. There were some clothing issues on both sides of the equation, but I think that was due to some poor bodyslide building choices on my part. Both were using the curvy body, and they kind of matched up well. Debating if it might not be worth going back to try and finishing it off. 

@asebw

The bodyslides are a real PITA. Do morphs and the results are unpredictable even if everything shows up fine in Bodyslide.

Bodytalk evolved and now works fine (textures too) - Fusion Girl on the other hand is a mixed bag. When it works it looks great, but getting there is the issue. And with all the changes necessary for the bodyslides i'm leaning more and more to go back to CBBE. Especially as i already had imo the perfect preset.

Too bad that 3BBB is only for Skyrim. Having that body for FO4 would make so many things easier...

26 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Bodytalk evolved and now works fine (textures too) - Fusion Girl on the other hand is a mixed bag. When it works it looks great, but getting there is the issue. And with all the changes necessary for the bodyslides i'm leaning more and more to go back to CBBE. Especially as i already had imo the perfect preset.

Considering the balls up the fusion girl team have made with the last update, it would not surprise me to see quite a few people ditch it and go back to cbbe, I am at present thinking of doing so myself, after all I already have all the cbbe bodyslide files for those armors, while pretty much all the current fusion girls ones are now stuffed to some extent or other, and it is uncertain if they will all get updates or not, lazmans stuff seems a bit iffy at present, as in one of his posts on nexus stated he would not be upgrading the existing fusion girl bodyslide files for his stuff to the 1.6 body, because he thinks the will simply do the same at some later point making him need to redo them again, which he does not have time for.

To be  honest it would not have been too bad if they had put in big capital letters in the update notes, that all current bodyslide files would probably require redoing for 1.6, that would have let people not update, and just wait and see, leaving that information buried two or three pages back in the comments section, and removing the previous version suck big time.  There again I could just revert back to the previous version of fusion girl, I do have it in my archive after all.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

The bodyslides are a real PITA. Do morphs and the results are unpredictable even if everything shows up fine in Bodyslide.

Too bad that 3BBB is only for Skyrim. Having that body for FO4 would make so many things easier...

Heh, yeah, that would solve a lot of issues ><. A shame that FG is supposed to be the 3BBB equivalent. I've been holding off trying the dismemberment mod for FG cause of the issues with the latest version. Seems to be serving you well though, so maybe I can skip testing that later on. 

On a side note, what exactly was the issue you were having with the looksmenu compendium? Still trying to get caught up on the FO4 stuff. So far behind on the skyrim stuff that i'm almost dreading switching back to that one.

@asebw

With the compendium installed the 'Brown/Black Face' bug happens. Usually it is enough when you change the location or reload (there's a mod in the list that helps). But it still happens and is unpredictable even if you use smaller textures for the face.

Sadly i don't know exactly what causes this, but i got a few ideas and hopefully one will work... 

The good news is that the Starlight base is coming along nicely. Found my error when i built the first version (which is now fixed) and i was able to repell more than a dozen attacks now. The chokepoint (attackers have only one way to go) works very nice even if you're alone.

The AX50 is slow to reload and quite heavy. But it packs a really nice punch if you aim right.

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

With the compendium installed the 'Brown/Black Face' bug happens. Usually it is enough when you change the location or reload (there's a mod in the list that helps). But it still happens and is unpredictable even if you use smaller textures for the face.

Sadly i don't know exactly what causes this, but i got a few ideas and hopefully one will work... 

Interesting. Don't think I've run into that. Wondering if something else was triggering. 

7 minutes ago, asebw said:

Interesting. Don't think I've run into that. Wondering if something else was triggering. 

My first thought would be that something to do with textures and what not is not loading correctly, so when fast traveling or zoneing, or re loading they do get done properly.

9 hours ago, Varithina said:

My first thought would be that something to do with textures and what not is not loading correctly, so when fast traveling or zoneing, or re loading they do get done properly.

Either this (which the mod i mentioned should take care of) or there's a hidden conflict somewhere.

Raiders and Vertibirds hate this setup:

Spoiler

Starlight2.jpg.929b20f2e6840bd99709906253f51b20.jpg

Starlight3.jpg.bf5374a526c41c42eaa6c4ef5f8e15ed.jpg

The Mini-Guns shred everything that looks hostile. The last group of raiders didn't even reach the chokepoint and the two attacking Vertibirds went down fast...

Exterior is finished. Now its down to adding decorations.

Hi, I got a new rig last week, and decided to try fallout 4 again, I found this guide and went for it.
When downloading the mods I tried choosing the 4K option in everything that had this option (my mistake?)
My FPS ranges from 40 to 70, mostly staying at 40~50, maybe there's something else I can tweak to get some better frames?

I have a Ryzen 3500x, a RX 5700 XT and 16gb ram 3000mhz (would pushing it to 3200 make a big difference?)

Or should I just reinstall everything and aim for the 2k options?

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Fulanoo

I'd be happy with those framerates...

You can try to replace the textures with 2K. But i'm not sure if this will really help. The tips i got are in post #6 and there's also a video regarding RAM.

Yeah, it's not bad, but I'm afraid it's gonna tank too much on big fights and stuff like that, I haven't tested it enough, I'll probably play some more today.
If I replace it with the 2K textures, do I need to run the LODGen again?
And is installing SIM Settlements a bad idea?

Also, could you share or point me towards some good character presets?

Btw, thanks for the guide, I'd be pretty lost wihtout it.
Do you have any plan on making it for wabbajack? I just recently read about it, looks interesting.

@Fulanoo

1. Fights shouldn't matter too much (i just had an attack with a dozen or so Gunners).

2. Definitely. It uses the installed textures to create its own files.

3. That one is VERY scriptheavy. Last time i checked people had problems with that mod.

4. Will come up later. My char will be ready for download once i'm satisfied with all settings and textures.

Added Generator - Fusebox-Powerbox to the list and post #233. Done and done

This will make the cabling in the settlements a lot easier.

Uploaded the newest version of the 'Starlight Base - Small' (it went from ~1000 to ~1600 parts). This is almost complete (just one missile turret and some decorations missing). I removed the small shack where the workbench was. Please tell me if it is gone in your game too when you use the file. Upload done

The 'medium' version would require the removal of the big screen. But if that change isn't stored in the blueprint then that would make it much harder.

12 hours ago, Aylis said:

Either this (which the mod i mentioned should take care of) or there's a hidden conflict somewhere.

Will have to take a look at your list. I know I had the black face issue at one point years ago with nuclear nude, but don't think i've had it of late.

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for creating and continually maintaining this list. I am about done installing, but with some pretty heavy additions and changes. I added a bunch of weapons, armor, items, etc. and I'll also be adding Sim Settlements AND Pack Attack. Wish me luck (hah)!! Anyhow, has anyone tried this yet?

Also, I will be doing my own custom conflict resolution patches, but I see you have not. There are a few conflicts I have seen to far in xEdit I imagine you are aware of (and prob. more I haven't found yet...). Any plans to do CR or is that basically up to each of us to decide how to proceed? (which is OK by me).

Finally, is the ENB of choice currently Quantum Horizons? I am a fan (love the SSE Silent Horizons it is based on) but I see my frame rates have dropped maybe 5-10 fps across the board. I think A Forest + grass mods are killing my fps (I used the lighter Boston Nat. Surroundings before, but I *really* like the overgrown look of this). I probably need to adjust my grass settings in the ini files. But I was also thinking of lightening up on the ENB -- anyone have any recommendations of something similar to QH/SH?