Sex Lab MCM install doesn't do anything

As the title says, my Sex Lab is not playing nice.

I installed FNIS and ran it, then intalled Sex Lab and ran FNIS again. Then once in game I started a new game and tried to use it. Going to the Mod Configuration menu I was asked to install it (picture 1) which I did. I then waited patiently (picture 2), not opening any menus and doing nothing until all 800 odd animations were installed. Then the game told me it was done (Picture 3) and ready. However as I go into MCM to configure it it just says I need to install it again!(picture 4) How come? I have been looking at these forums but couldn't find a fix for this issue. I even ran FNIS again, no dice. I tried installing it on a different save, one that didn't have SexLab when it was first saved but the same issue arose. Will I need to reinstall SexLab and all it's dependencies? Is there any solution to this?

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot3.pngScreenShot4.pngScreenShot5.png

Any particular reason to use SL light and not the full release?

I've read that opening the console several times during the install process helps to finish the install. You could also try to install, wait a while, save and exit the game, then start again and load that save. Or just use the full version which would work better than a mod that has not been updated in years and is not compatible with most of the stuff available here.

20 minutes ago, Sternum said:

Any particular reason to use SL light and not the full release?

What, there is a full release? I kept looking for it and all I found was the light! Man the site is good but the search functions suck! Could you link it? I will try uninstalling SLLight and putting this "full release" then.

19 minutes ago, Zorenlo said:

What, there is a full release? I kept looking for it and all I found was the light! Man the site is good but the search functions suck! Could you link it? I will try uninstalling SLLight and putting this "full release" then.

It's a pinned topic on the SSE section of the forum. But yeah, the search function of this site sucks.

I have deleted the old SexLab, installed this new full version and I am happy to report it works flawlessly. Apparently, haven't tried doing the nasty yet but everything else worked so I assume it will too.

Since we are already here: how do you change sexuality? I keep clicking on the heterosexual but nothing happens. Does it just change overtime if you do The Gay enough?

6 minutes ago, Zorenlo said:

Since we are already here: how do you change sexuality? I keep clicking on the heterosexual but nothing happens. Does it just change overtime if you do The Gay enough?

No idea, but I think sexuality is based on the most used animations, so yeah, just play as you want to and it should change.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, Zeekain said:

hey I have this similar problem and doesn't want to install. In addition, it always saying that my SKSE is outdated when I'm currently using the current one

Your issue is most likely running it with an incompatible version of the game.

2 minutes ago, madnight said:

Well, installing the AE even thu i have the SE, made the trick. Installed and working. Not sure why. It seems the newest update from SE is like a AE version?

AE is the latest version of SE, version 1.6.whatever, which released mid-November. If that's what you're running, you need AE compatible mods. SexLab 164c and SKSE 2.01.05

I'm getting this message when I log in. I also cannot get Sexlab to install, but it does appear on the MCM list. I downloaded the SE version. I've check and double checked. I have all the correct requirements for the SE version. And I looked,  and the SexLabUtil.dll file is definitely in the correct folder.

ScreenShot0.png

Edited by gnerd
7 hours ago, madnight said:

Well, installing the AE even thu i have the SE, made the trick. Installed and working. Not sure why. It seems the newest update from SE is like a AE version?

Yeah, I switched over to AE and it works. I had to change the address library to AE, but everything else is still SE.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:09 AM, gnerd said:

I'm getting this message when I log in. I also cannot get Sexlab to install, but it does appear on the MCM list. I downloaded the SE version. I've check and double checked. I have all the correct requirements for the SE version. And I looked,  and the SexLabUtil.dll file is definitely in the correct folder.

ScreenShot0.png

Which version of Sexlab did you download? 163 or 164c?