[IDEA] [REQUEST] Working for the Thalmor

It seems like the Thalmor are under utilized both in the vanilla game, and in modding. 

I had this idea for a quest or series of quests involving working for/being forced to work for the Thalmor, helping them root out Talos worshipers. 

So maybe you're willingly joining them, maybe you're blackmailed into it, or maybe you're enslaved and pressed into service. Either way, what they're having you do is go into the various holds of skyrim and seduce suspected Talos worshipers to get close and gain access to their homes/possessions to find evidence. The suspects you're investigating could take multiple seduction attempts to gain trust for you, and possibly become suspicious of you and trap or kidnap you and torture you to learn your true intentions.

I don't know much about making mods like this, and I don't know if it's possible, but I imagine the suspects you go after could be radiantly selected in addition to set targets who are known talos supporters. I can see for many tie-ins to other mods such as SD+, Simple Slavery, Devious Devices,

What do you fine people think? 

27 minutes ago, shaidien said:

The vanilla game has 1 quest just like that without the sex. It's in the markarth hanging out front of were the throne room is. 

Would be interesting if you had to seduce the skald instead of just breaking into his house. If he was wearing the amulet under his clothing or had it hidden someplace and you needed the key.

Depending on how someone wanted to handle the mod, using the Northwatch Keep as a base and its faction as a way to make you non-hostile to the Thalmor and the various Stormcloak guards (in case someone had a mod that made them attack you) might be a way to go.  I think the idea of the player in a role similar to Gissur or Shavee could work, at least until the revelation of Delphine as a Blade.

2 hours ago, Malicardy said:

It seems like the Thalmor are under utilized both in the vanilla game, and in modding. 

I had this idea for a quest or series of quests involving working for/being forced to work for the Thalmor, helping them root out Talos worshipers. 

So maybe you're willingly joining them, maybe you're blackmailed into it, or maybe you're enslaved and pressed into service. Either way, what they're having you do is go into the various holds of skyrim and seduce suspected Talos worshipers to get close and gain access to their homes/possessions to find evidence. The suspects you're investigating could take multiple seduction attempts to gain trust for you, and possibly become suspicious of you and trap or kidnap you and torture you to learn your true intentions.

I don't know much about making mods like this, and I don't know if it's possible, but I imagine the suspects you go after could be radiantly selected in addition to set targets who are known talos supporters. I can see for many tie-ins to other mods such as SD+, Simple Slavery, Devious Devices,

What do you fine people think? 

I should also say that a mod as you describe is very possible, but would be much easier to handle with custom NPCs made for the mod as targets.  They could be added to inns, or just found (intercepted essentially, patrolling between two inns or farms or some other location). Possibly an ambush at one of the Talos statues, or even several. The one in Falkreath where several worshippers and the dead Thalmor are found could be used for this mod.  They could be disabled until the quest for that location is reached and then "found" when following up on where that dead agent went (suspected deserter in shame, and you're sent to chase him down).

Story building quests are a little more difficult than just mashing a new house together, with AI packages, what-ifs, what-happens-when cases and such that need to be planned and considered.  I'm already following two people doing complicated mods so I don't know anyone to suggest taking this up.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, shaidien said:

The vanilla game has 1 quest just like that without the sex. It's in the markarth hanging out front of were the throne room is. 

That quest was actually what made me think of this. Somehow in all my hours of playing, I had never done that one 0.o

I was hoping there was some kind of alternate way to complete it with sexlab solutions but alas, there was not

25 minutes ago, Malicardy said:

That quest was actually what made me think of this. Somehow in all my hours of playing, I had never done that one 0.o

I was hoping there was some kind of alternate way to complete it with sexlab solutions but alas, there was not

Solutions just works around speech checks, but there was a mod that worked with Dark Brotherhood assassination quests and certain of the Thieves guild radiant "pick a pocket" and "steal from merchants" quests that after sex (started any way you could) there was an option to steal the item, pickpocket the key for the chests (keys added by the mod, so other radiant enabled locations that the quests could pick up weren't covered) or for the DB you could plant a poison that insta-killed someone (though you generally always got caught because you weren't sneaking and got the whole 1000g bounty).

A Thalmor mod could use mechanics like that for some quests, requiring you to seduce the target for the key to some place, pillowtalk information, or in Ogmund's case, take his amulet (or get a good enough look at it that a Justiciar would know apprehending him on the street wearing it would be enough).

Archived