SOS Hand Seam Bug (FIXED)

So for a while now I've been getting this really annoying bug in my game where the texture and mesh seams on the hands of human races don't match up with SOS. I think it's using the vanilla hand texture and mesh, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. I initially thought it was one of the texture mods I had installed but after I removed them (not just with my mod manager but by going into the files and manually deleting the nif and texture files they installed) and reinstalling SOS and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended and running FNIS again, the problem was still there. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Please? It's driving me insane at this point. 

ScreenShot35.png

ScreenShot34.png

loadorder.txt

What has it got to do with SOS? Do you mean the SOS skin texture?

Texture replacers don't generally have an esp so your load order isn't much use.

In the top image it looks as if the hands and the body are different. Did you build the body, hands and feet in Bodyslide?

What about the feet?

7 hours ago, typoking1107 said:

I initially thought it was one of the texture mods

How many and which mods?

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What has it got to do with SOS? Do you mean the SOS skin texture?

Texture replacers don't generally have an esp so your load order isn't much use.

In the top image it looks as if the hands and the body are different. Did you build the body, hands and feet in Bodyslide?

What about the feet?

How many and which mods?

I can't build it in bodyslide. The SOS body doesn't show up. The feet are fine, it's only the hands that are the problem. As for the textures, it doesn't really matter. I tried out multiple ones first to see if that would fix it (it didn't) then as I said, I uninstalled them all and made sure to manually delete their files from the game folder just to be sure. Also, I just checked without SOS installed at all, and yeah the problem is still there, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with SOS. I still want to know why this is happening.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Sorry. That was me being an idiot. Of course you can't build a make body in Bodyslide. :confounded:

It's okay. ?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Does this affect only your PC or every male PC?

It affects both my PC and male NPCs unfortunately, but only the humans. Mer and beast races are unaffected. 

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

What files do you have in Data/Textures/Actors/Character/Male? Specificallly, it should have 4 malehands_1 dds files.

Well now that's weird. I only have 3: 

malehands_1.dds

malehands_1_msn.dds

malehands_1_s.dds

How'd that happen? What am I missing?

23 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

malehands_1_sk.dds according to what I have. Just drag it out of the SOS archive assuming you are using the SOS skin.

Odd, there doesn't seem to be a malehands_1_sk.dds file in the SOS archive. I even redownloaded the zip and searched for it there. 

4 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

Odd, there doesn't seem to be a malehands_1_sk.dds file in the SOS archive. I even redownloaded the zip and searched for it there. 

What body and head files are in the character assets folder?

I use Vitruvia and I have four of each, head, hand and body.

2 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

What body and head files are in the character assets folder?

I use Vitruvia and I have four of each, head, hand and body.

I have the following:

malebody_1

malebody_1_msn

malebody_1_s

malehead

malehead_msn

malehead_s

So no _sk files at all. Only three for each.

5 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

I have the following:

malebody_1

malebody_1_msn

malebody_1_s

malehead

malehead_msn

malehead_s

So no _sk files at all. Only three for each.

Strange but in that case I would suggest that you have the head and body files from one mod and the hands from another mod. I can't help with the default SOS set up because I'm using Vitruvia which does the four.

13 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Strange but in that case I would suggest that you have the head and body files from one mod and the hands from another mod. I can't help with the default SOS set up because I'm using Vitruvia which does the four.

That could very well be the case. I'm gonna try out Vitruvia (and I'm manually installing the hand textures this time) and see if that fixes it. I'll let you know if it works.

10 hours ago, typoking1107 said:

I did. The point's redundant anyways. It didn't work. For some reason, it's only loading the vanilla hand textures, regardless of what I do or what texture mods I have installed. I'm at a loss here to be honest...

Which mod manager are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling SOS and reinstalling it?

4 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Which mod manager are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling SOS and reinstalling it?

Nexus Mod Manager (if you tell me to use MO I'm going to punch you) and yes... Yes I have... Repeatedly. I've tried manually installing and uninstalling things as well. Nothing. SoS isn't the problem. Regardless of what body texture mods I use, the game only loads the vanilla hand textures and I don't know why.

Is it Racemenu? Is that what's causing this? Is there something going on with it that's preventing the hand textures from loading? 

I use NMM myself.

If you are convinced that there are no other mods which affect male textures and you are installing SOS correctly then I don't know. Other than reinstalling Racemenu . . .

Have you tried without DD for men or whatever it is called?

And you should try these changes on a new game.

15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I use NMM myself.

If you are convinced that there are no other mods which affect male textures and you are installing SOS correctly then I don't know. Other than reinstalling Racemenu . . .

Have you tried without DD for men or whatever it is called?

And you should try these changes on a new game.

I'll try getting rid of DD for men then and check it on a new game. (Would a really old save from before I installed any body mods also work?)

13 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

I'll try getting rid of DD for men then and check it on a new game. (Would a really old save from before I installed any body mods also work?)

I don't really use the DD stuff myself but if I was having problems such as yours then the first thing I would would be to remove all those mods to see what things looked like without. As your problem is only with men then you may get away with just removing the for him mod.

The save would have to be from before the DD mod.

If you use AS LAL then start a new game, choose the first Nord off the block and see what he looks like.

Just noticed you had posted your LO.

What are these?

Man Suit.esp

Superman Body.esp

my skin is not my own.esp

Cpt Marvel Body.esp

When was the last time you ran LOOT on your LO?

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I don't really use the DD stuff myself but if I was having problems such as yours then the first thing I would would be to remove all those mods to see what things looked like without. As your problem is only with men then you may get away with just removing the for him mod.

The save would have to be from before the DD mod.

If you use AS LAL then start a new game, choose the first Nord off the block and see what he looks like.

Just noticed you had posted your LO.

What are these?

Man Suit.esp

Superman Body.esp

my skin is not my own.esp

Cpt Marvel Body.esp

When was the last time you ran LOOT on your LO?

Literally today. I do it every time I install or uninstall a mod or mess around with them just to be safe. (Also I uninstalled those a while ago (The LO I posted IS several months old). They're not the problem.)

1 hour ago, typoking1107 said:

They're not the problem.

If you mean the 4 esps I mentioned then how do you know? One is called man suit, two mention body and the last skin. They would be my prime suspects. Granted I've never heard of any of them or seen anyone on here who uses them.

As for that load order. The bashed patch should be last or nearly last, depending on what else is loaded.

So all that leaves us with starting a new game and seeing what happens with a vanilla character in Racemenu.

13 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you mean the 4 esps I mentioned then how do you know? One is called man suit, two mention body and the last skin. They would be my prime suspects. Granted I've never heard of any of them or seen anyone on here who uses them.

As for that load order. The bashed patch should be last or nearly last, depending on what else is loaded.

So all that leaves us with starting a new game and seeing what happens with a vanilla character in Racemenu.

I know because they're all armor mods and, as I've said already, I removed them from the game a while ago.

And I just tried loading up a new character without racemenu. Problem's still there unfortunately

Archived