SOS Hand Seam Bug (FIXED)

Just now, Grey Cloud said:

Then the only option I can think of is to remove all your mods and add them back a few at a time until the problem reappears.

Ugh, that's gonna be a pain...

Out of curiosity, would simply switching profiles on NMM to one without any mods active work instead of manually uninstalling everything?

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Actually the profile system works quite well in my experience although I have NOT tested it limits.

You could well be correct. Not done much with profiles myself but was left totally underwhelmed. ?

10 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

what does your xEdit say with all mods active in skyrim.esm,

Ha! Thank you for that, it may well help with a problem I'm having. :classic_smile:

Just now, typoking1107 said:

How do I determine if a mod is overriding it? I'm not very familiar with xEdit.

In my image, on right side you see info for Skyrim.esm, if there was something overwriting it, it would load on screen to the right of info from skyrim.esm

you can also see in image just above nakedhands, there is naked domesticated goats, that mod has something else touching it

8 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

In my image, on right side you see info for Skyrim.esm, if there was something overwriting it, it would load on screen to the right of info from skyrim.esm

you can also see in image just above nakedhands, there is naked domesticated goats, that mod has something else touching it

So... Good news and bad news.

Good news: I found the mod that was causing the issue, it's this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57059/ 

Bad news: I deactivated it it and now the hands are just flat out missing. I checked the textures and the files are still there, so I'm not sure what's going on.

10 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

Good news: I found the mod that was causing the issue, it's this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57059/ 

Bad news: I deactivated it it and now the hands are just flat out missing. I checked the textures and the files are still there, so I'm not sure what's going on.

reinstall sos?

what about that mod was throwing you off, was it nakedhands? 

14 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

if your missing them,opposed to red exclamation marks, then they are no longer attached to the armor is my guess, reinstalling sos should fix

1 hour ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I just looked at the mod you had, it only touches nakedhands/armor addon, doesnt touch skin/naked armor, but what you described sounded like hands had been removed from NakedSkin/Armor, not nakedskin armor failing to find hand nif, look at skyrim.esm with all mods active in Xedit under Armor/SkinNaked. 

I looked. Hands is very clearly there in Nakedskin/Armor.

Edit: here's what it looks like.

xedit.png.75e0dbbb1b9205ef4d355bf18006af6b.png

28 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

back to nakedhands, the follower mod you had that referenced it, it had a different texture for male hands, what does your skyrim.esm in xedit have under armoraddon/nakedhands for the male texture now that you have uninstalled that mod

That was it! The esp didn't fully uninstall for whatever reason but once I fixed that the hands returned! Thanks!

Just one more thing: Does anybody know of a way for me to set it so that the hand texture from the problem mod won't be set to override the regular hands if I reinstall the mod? Because I actually rather liked that mod and it'd be a shame to have to sideline it, so I'm wondering if there isn't something I can do in xEdit to make sure that the hand textures don't get overridden.

1 hour ago, typoking1107 said:

Thank you! 

I looked at mod in game, 1 character kunta kinte that i swapped vanilla hand out for mod created hand didn't look great, went back and saw that the mod had an update/fix file, I downloaded and it fixed part of 1 problem with kunta kinte which had vanilla nakedhands screwed, and the update file created new problems elsewhere, particularly the highjacking of vanilla nakedhead, like it did with naked hands, that's all  i want to dig on that one, probably want to stay clear of that mod. 

1 hour ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I looked at mod in game, 1 character kunta kinte that i swapped vanilla hand out for mod created hand didn't look great, went back and saw that the mod had an update/fix file, I downloaded and it fixed part of 1 problem with kunta kinte which had vanilla nakedhands screwed, and the update file created new problems elsewhere, particularly the highjacking of vanilla nakedhead, like it did with naked hands, that's all  i want to dig on that one, probably want to stay clear of that mod. 

I haven't had any problems with the head, so I think I'm good. Again, thank you!

On 11/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, typoking1107 said:

(if you tell me to use MO I'm going to punch you)

Love being that guy........,  You wouldn't of been able to of even had problem if you were a MO user, just saying.  if you ever decide to nuke your shit from orbit, and you want switch to the easier to learn MO make sure to verify the integrity of game files through steam prior to installing MO and you'll forever be tits on top of tits. 

Archived