Sexbound Race Support Help

Goawaynow

So, I'm making this thread to ask if race support for Sexbound requires that race to be installed manually, or if it works through the workshop.

I ask because I've seen a lot of conflicting information. For instance, Sexbound Neko Alternate says not to use the workshop version, while Sexbound Kemono's description includes links to download the race from the workshop. I've found others that say not to use the workshop and others that link to workshop downloads, but mostly just very little actual information.

So, please help, I don't know what I can or can't use here.

33 minutes ago, Goawaynow said:

So, please help, I don't know what I can or can't use here.

Its all up to the author; If they make it so the Sexbound support REQUIRES the mod to be installed, and since obviously the supports aren't on the workshop, it'll only look for the local version of the mod. This is unadvised for them, but it still happens sometimes.

If they don't require it, then the workshop version will do just fine.

It is best to warn any support creators demanding local versions, since it is not necessary from their mod. Even without the race mod installed... Sexbound holds data separately from Starbound itself, so you can have a race support and not have the race itself, without problems.

There is no difference between a Steam Workshop mod and a manually installed mod other than how it's downloaded and kept up to date. The reason why Sexbound Neko Alternative indicates you should manually install Neko Alternative is because the Workshop version is out of date/not the same as the manually installed version and the Sexbound patch requires the more up to date version not because it's from the workshop specifically..

Archived