HALP fomm needs help

Is FOMM appearing briefly for a split second in the task manager then closing?

Was it working recently?

Are you using the custom build from this site?

I don't know enough about this, but if FOMM is installed in program files(x86), won't that give problems if that folder is protected by Windows?

If so. Try installing it in c:\Games or something and check if it works there.

PS same issue can happen when you install FalloutNV in program files

5 hours ago, dborg2 said:

I don't know enough about this, but if FOMM is installed in program files(x86), won't that give problems if that folder is protected by Windows?

If so. Try installing it in c:\Games or something and check if it works there.

PS same issue can happen when you install FalloutNV in program files

it will work if i move the folder some were else. but if i move it back it stops working

1 hour ago, eightballyuri said:

it will work if i move the folder some were else. but if i move it back it stops working

OK. So that confirms it. Windows 10 (I think 7 and up) protects the 'program files' directories like hell, making all files read only (unless running as admin).

Since you don't want to run FOMM as admin, best option is to keep it outside of Program files forever.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, dborg2 said:

OK. So that confirms it. Windows 10 (I think 7 and up) protects the 'program files' directories like hell, making all files read only (unless running as admin).

Since you don't want to run FOMM as admin, best option is to keep it outside of Program files forever.

DO NOT place FOMM in the programs file. just DO NOT DO IT!  Instead do as I have done and just have it installed on the root of the drive... In other words it is the first file you see along with any other folders (like Windows for example) installed on the drive. C; FOMM etc

Also, DO NOT USE FOMM AS ADMIN even Pride one of the individuals that helped further develop it.. states that (on the OP I believe)  While at it.. NEVER give admin rights to a mod manager.. EVER..

Another thing that causes troubles with FOMM is when the Temp Folder is full or has tons of crap in it. A simple fix is to use CCleaner or some other program (if you don't know how to access it and clean it manually) to keep it nice an tidy.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:08 AM, eightballyuri said:

On 7/6/2019 at 5:07 AM, eightballyuri said:

it appears for a sec with the word suspended in the status column

On 7/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, eightballyuri said:

Hey can any of you help me, I'm having trouble with fomm, I double click on the desktop icon and it shows the circle thingy that pops up when something is loading and it just disappears and nothing happens, Thank you to anyone who has read this

Archived