Is there any functional CC/MODs that can be used for the Off The Grid lot trait? 

Water Pumps? (For washing dishes, drinking water, replacing water for washtubs)?

Solar Panels? (for minor electricity)?

Toilets (as plumbing doesn't work)?

Stoves (that can make more than grilled cheese)?

Fridges (to store food and drinks etc?

Functional showers and baths?

Or like any mods that can make this lot realistic?

pls help thanks

This is where I keep all the stuff that "looks" off the grid, before the update I had three households already living off the grid, now with the official lot trait I have mixed feelings. ?it's a start but it but let's face it... they half assed it .... I mean the fact we can't even filter "works off the grid " from the catalog and for whatever reason not all candles actually work... 

Solar Panels? (for minor electricity)? <--- I PRAY EVERY DAY FOR THIS ? ?

Toilets (as plumbing doesn't work)? this, this and if your sims has a woodworking table you can make a wooden toilet and that works too

Stoves (that can make more than grilled cheese)? Trust me You want Grills below is a pic of the stoves that work too

Fridges (to store food and drinks etc? This is the closest thing (it even works with the lot trait)

Functional showers and baths? the outdoor retreat showers work but make sure your sims are not "energized" I',m currently trying to find a way to tag my custom off the grid "looking" showers to work with the lot trait 

If I could find a mod or custom lot trait that would allow me to just "turn off the electricity" on my lot I would be soooo happy mostly thanks to all my "off the grid looking" cc items. Because at least right now Sims are always whining about grimy surroundings and you can't even wash dishes ?? or change the dirty water from the wash tub if you have laundry day, also the tub that you build with the woodworking table doesn't work and it should!!! sorry about the rant and good look with your quest.

tumblr_inline_ptkvrp5iwK1w14cyf_400.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:50 PM, KSA137 said:

Anny one now how to yuse s4s to mod the items to work off the grid ?

I am looking into it. For sinks, there is a tuning with name object_sink_OffTheGridCompatible and id 212223

We probably just need to specify that in our sinks to get them off-the-grid compatible.

Update: Yup, that works. Just go into Warehouse tab and change the Tuning and TuningId in Object definition.

To find the tuning for other items, go to Tools, Extract Tuning and search for "offthegrid". You want the "object/" ones.

9 hours ago, Vidde said:

I am looking into it. For sinks, there is a tuning with name object_sink_OffTheGridCompatible and id 212223

We probably just need to specify that in our sinks to get them off-the-grid compatible.

Update: Yup, that works. Just go into Warehouse tab and change the Tuning and TuningId in Object definition.

To find the tuning for other items, go to Tools, Extract Tuning and search for "offthegrid". You want the "object/" ones.

I'm currently trying to make radios work off the grid. There are none at the moment, so I'm really lost as i have no experience with modding.

Do you think this way it could work on stereos/radios too?

On 2/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, akared45 said:

I'm currently trying to make radios work off the grid. There are none at the moment, so I'm really lost as i have no experience with modding.

Do you think this way it could work on stereos/radios too?

I assume that this is just a special flag which needs to be set/unset within S4S. A selective clone of an existing radio should work, maybe also a recolor. A small radio should indeed work off-the-grid with batteries. Bluetooth speakers, wall clocks, tablets, notebooks, portable TVs, vacuum cleaners,... may all work.  But where's the point if the only non-working things left are a fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, oven and hair dryer.

There's even an animated grandfathers / pendulum clock - which hopefully works OtG.

• 1 month later...

I know this may be a dead thread, but since the quarantine, ive been playing A LOT of the S4. Of course I have some add ons and one of them is IL. For some reason some of the items that should work OTG DO NOT work, so I came here. Im glad I did. Thank you all for making the content that so many of us have been looking for. Thank you sooooo much form the bottom of my lil sims hearts! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...