(NV) What happened with Muscle Girl Project?

They removed it. I made my own personal port of the Fallout 3 version, it works nicely, tried to upload it to Nexus, it just got removed since I didn't get permission (I thought the mod was abandoned). I gave credit, but apparently that wasn't enough. 

Nexus doesn't care if a mod was abandoned, the FO3 mod page has no permissions granted that I can see but the MA was active somewhat recently. You would need their permission for any assets used from the original mod to host on Nexus in your mod. Otherwise you would need build on their work separately, any assets of theirs you need to use in your mod must be obtained from their mod which can not only make installation of yours not only tedious but impractical at the least and make support a PITA. And you can still get into issues with MIA Mod Authors and various permissions because Nexus is Nexus >_>

You could host elsewhere, but well yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Okradion said:

They removed it. I made my own personal port of the Fallout 3 version, it works nicely, tried to upload it to Nexus, it just got removed since I didn't get permission (I thought the mod was abandoned). I gave credit, but apparently that wasn't enough. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:12 AM, aghjax said:

Nexus doesn't care if a mod was abandoned, the FO3 mod page has no permissions granted that I can see but the MA was active somewhat recently. You would need their permission for any assets used from the original mod to host on Nexus in your mod. Otherwise you would need build on their work separately, any assets of theirs you need to use in your mod must be obtained from their mod which can not only make installation of yours not only tedious but impractical at the least and make support a PITA. And you can still get into issues with MIA Mod Authors and various permissions because Nexus is Nexus >_>

You could host elsewhere, but well yeah.

Sorry for late response.

I mean, it would be good to have it back out of Nexus like Daughter of ARES. Still, does somebody actually knows the reason behind it? Or has it been one of those cases where a "popular" mod just get removed for the lols.

• 6 months later...

Hmm, I actually came here because I was trying to find their mod as well as I'm considering some expansion on my mod I took a long break from expanding on. I spoke with Zomb_killer a while back and got permission from them to create a Super Serum mod with their assets; I was intimidated to talk to them because their meshes were such high quality and my modding skills were so novice, but they were absolutely delightful to talk with and they gave me a lot of motivation to complete my mod. They may have gotten burnt out or something... maybe Nexus flagged the mod or something for some reason and Zomb_killer didn't feel like keeping the mod current with whatever was going on. Idk. You could try reaching out to them via the FO4 page, they were very active with porting their meshes over a while back.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, VogelofRae said:

I know that this topic is old and pretty much dead but I belive this mod is still aveliable on some russian site.

Right you are. That's the only place i could find this mod at https://www.playground.ru/fallout_new_vegas/file/fallout_new_vegas_muscle_girl_project_nv-907157

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 1:32 AM, CoolBro96 said:

Right you are. That's the only place i could find this mod at https://www.playground.ru/fallout_new_vegas/file/fallout_new_vegas_muscle_girl_project_nv-907157

Well shit, better late than never I guess. But seriously, does anyone know why it was deleted? Even the FO3 version is still up.