Ghost Npc missing hair with hair replacer mod

i'm using OCO, OCO seamless, and OCO compatibility patch. then i use this hair replacer mod for OCO. the thing is, everything works fine, except any npc that has ghost effects be it vanilla (ghost blades in sancre tor, or Vitharn NPC from SI) or from mod, will not have it's hair shown (just bald). i tried disabling some hair from that mod, and the one that i disabled reverted to it's vanilla version, and showed up just fine. it seems to happen to all of the hair replacer mod too, like this one. i haven't tried using hair replacer mod without OCO, so i dont know if it's OCO related or the ghost spell effect just wont work with custom hair.

is there any way to fix this? i'm desperate.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, Scarvoice said:

so i dont know if it's OCO related or the ghost spell effect just wont work with custom hair.

I don't think it's a problem of your particular setup. It's probably the problem of all custom hairs in general. I see that in my game too.

saa 0.01
pms b9923

Open the console, click just anyone including yourself and type the above to check out. The dudes with stock hair work fine, but my character becomes bald. I also remember, you can trigger the same thing in the water (probably if you rotate the view a bit such that you look at your character from above the surface).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, tolerance said:

maybe the hairs alpha threshold is too high? just a thought

lemme check that out

edit : i just notice several of the hair from the mod is visible, so it probably is the alpha of the other hair set too high, making it not working well with the ghost shader (probably because the alpha too high it render it as invisible). i'm not quite sure how to modify the alpha tho. i did mess around with nifskope and change the alpha threshold in the nifalphaproperty but it didn't make any difference (empire split hair, originally 125, i set it to 70 and it didn't show up, then i change it to 0 and it still didn't show up on ghost head. i probably did it wrong)

do i need to modify the texture itself? if so i'm getting GIMP to do that.

either way, i think i'm going to resort to having the npc use the visible hair instead. at least for now.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, Scarvoice said:

threshold in the nifalphaproperty but it didn't make any difference (empire split hair, originally 125, i set it to 70 and it didn't show up, then i change it to 0 and it still didn't s

been a little while since i modded, but this is generally a good last resort to transparency issues, kind of changes alpha to more of a binary option, invisible or opaque.....the alpha test threshold changed to whatever looks best.

460954333_Untitled2.jpg.f7d3289e09e9e2dcd25e590803ac487e.jpg

3 hours ago, tolerance said:

been a little while since i modded, but this is generally a good last resort to transparency issues, kind of changes alpha to more of a binary option, invisible or opaque.....the alpha test threshold changed to whatever looks best.

460954333_Untitled2.jpg.f7d3289e09e9e2dcd25e590803ac487e.jpg

wow where to get that nifskope? mine doesn't seem to have that option

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 12:45 AM, fejeena said:

even the old NifSkope versions have it.

My version is 1.0.22  , works only with Oblivion nif, not Skyrim.

You right click the "NiAlphaProperty"

a very small window with 4 options opens

You click "Flags"

And you get the window you see above.

i see... i think i need to get older version then. thanks!

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 3:43 AM, fejeena said:

It works with all versions !!!

old 1.0.22 version

NifSkope1.jpg

The newest 2.0 version

NifSkope2.jpg

thanks fejeena! sorry for the late replies, i got busy and had stopped playing oblivion for a while. going to try this now, hopefully it'll work with all hairs! thanks!

Archived