Hey all. Downloaded new custom content today and have come across a problem.....as you can see.

I have a lot of custom content but this is the first time something like this has happened!

I'm thinking it may be caused by the NANGDOG head defaults I added today in association with the Little Sam Better Butler mod as this is what the butler looked like when they turned up.?Fired the first one and tried again but it was the same. Tried fixing using MCC CAS full edit but nothing I did got rid of it. Did a game repair and deleted cache and it's still the same. Doesn't look like any town randoms are affected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

05-06-19_6:31:56 PM.png

20 minutes ago, procian said:

You have the no ea eyelashes mod? 

Checked and no accessories were attached. I even deleted the hair and lost her whole head!?? 

I did do a S4 Studio batch fix today to disallow cc for random as even through MCC settings I keep getting randos walking around (especially in weather outfits) in things like boob pasties and g-strings.?‍♀️ Put it away Sharon. No one wants to see your saggy boobs when I'm making a snowman.haha

Might restore from the S4 Studio back up and see if that fixes it.

05-06-19_8:23:03 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Ladyannieb said:

Checked and no accessories were attached. I even deleted the hair and lost her whole head!?? 

I did do a S4 Studio batch fix today to disallow cc for random as even through MCC settings I keep getting randos walking around (especially in weather outfits) in things like boob pasties and g-strings.?‍♀️ Put it away Sharon. No one wants to see your saggy boobs when I'm making a snowman.haha

Might restore from the S4 Studio back up and see if that fixes it.

05-06-19_8:23:03 PM.png

All fixed! Restored the S4 Studio back up and on load it was still like this but on entering CAS it cleared the glitch.

13 hours ago, procian said:

Ah...well done......be wary of doing batch fixes as they can mess up the entire game if you don't need to do them.

As I have now realised! Ages ago I did one on my CAS cc and it's a mess now.  Might see if I have the originals on an old backup.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

what seems to be working for me is the following:

klicking the problematic sim with missing face -> "modify in CAS" (in MC command center menu, inside the "command sim" option) -> make sure you do some minor changes of this sim in CAS * -> clicking back to game -> face is back

*sometimes it won't allow you clicking the accept button in the bottom right corner in case you do no changes at all, moreover, the error won't be fixed if you click the reject X button 

this error occured to children in a sim family supposedly after the removal of HQ mods, these were downloaded by me unconciously, as parts of custom sims downloaded from this site. (because of absence of any tools allowing an integration of hq mods into the base game, keeping them seemed redundant and were thus removed for this reason)

I had this issue a couple of months ago. It turns out it was due to an old version of the "NO EA Eyelashes" mod. It was also set to randomize for Townie Sims, and before long, 70% were walking around looking like the OP picture. Once I deleted it and started a new game, it was fine. Then about a month ago, the same thing happened. I had downloaded some Sims and they came with a bunch of CC. I had installed them, and their CC, and that's when I noticed that no face thing start again. I checked through the CC I had downloaded, and discovered the "No EA Eyelashes" mod nested inside another folder. So, got rid of it and started another new game.

I now use the Kijiko No EA Eyelashes mod, which can be applied to individual Sims in CAS, but not every Sim. Works well. And I agree about the Random thing with CC. Don't do a batch flag change for CC. The most current version of Sims Studio, at least, has a bug. I spent about 4 hours going through all my CC individually and switching off the Random flag. I also checked the Restrict Opposite Gender as well, since I was experiencing male Townies wearing female stuff.....although if it wasn't going to allow random, it would be a moot point.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, crescent86 said:

Bumb! I have the same issue now, and I did do a batch fix for disallow cc for randos. Do you just put the stuff back in the mods file or?

Edit: Or can I just do a batch fix to allow cc for random?

Don't do the batch fix to disallow Random. It can cause issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this topic is getting old, but it was a lifesaver. Everything else I found indicated a random mod had broken my game, but nothing I deleted was helping fix the problem. I had no idea there was a problem with S4 Studio batch fixes. I quit playing for two months 'cause I couldn't figure it out. So, thanks everyone who responded to OP's post. You saved my game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

it has been a whole year since the last reply but its happening to me now. but the weird part is that when i go to cas, their face is there but once i leave cas, their face is gone. ive tried removing the mod that removes the eyelashes, doesn't work. i tried removing all my cc and nothin. is it just a glitch that will forever be on this specific game file? or my whole entire game? 

2 hours ago, gmrgab said:

it has been a whole year since the last reply but its happening to me now. but the weird part is that when i go to cas, their face is there but once i leave cas, their face is gone. ive tried removing the mod that removes the eyelashes, doesn't work. i tried removing all my cc and nothin. is it just a glitch that will forever be on this specific game file? or my whole entire game? 

Are you sure you do not have any other duplicate or old version of that same mod somewhere else in your mods folder, maybe together inside another folder with some other mods? Try renaming your mods folder to something else, so the game will not load anything from there, delete the cache files (avatarcache and thumbcache file located in sims 4 folder), do a game repair (in case there are corrupted game files), and try again. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ur mom12121212 said:

ive tried all of this and nothing works, its just all the same

It is mod related. If you cannot find the responsible mod the move all your custom content out. clear the cache files, repair the game, and try again. If you have done all this it is literally IMPOSSIBLE that you still have this issue. Then add your custom content back for example using the 50/50 system until you find the culprit, but you could do it much faster if you look for mods such as "cien no lashes". If you do not have it visible it might be inside a merged package together with other content, look for those things.