Can I delete the CC crap from my FO4 Dir?

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

I stopped updating right after the first CC content started being pushed, thanks. :)

well in that case just delete them and save space on your SD drive. i was also thinking that part why bethesda why those files are useless to us since we dont buy those mods and without those esp and esm thise bsa are useless. or are these free plugins that betehsda been forces on users lately i dont remember having so many of those files on my hardrive.

I'm glad I decided to check this thread out. I have a whole bunch also that I never bought or never wanted in the first place. I'll be getting rid of them right now. Thnx for this info.

When I noticed my game loading faster and overall working better was definitely after downloading that T.O.P. mod.

23 minutes ago, eightballyuri said:

i want to try this. so if i make a new folder, through all the cc stuff in it, my game will run better?

No, it might start a little quicker though.

What I am saying is that for me, after moving all these files away from the data folder, the game starts up a little quicker than it used to.

It might do the same for you.

2 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Sometimes when loading times exceeds i use the 'purge unmanaged files' function in NMM. It wipes out everything that is not part of the original files, nor installed mods.

would it also remove all the mods that were installed manually and not through the NMM?

On 4/21/2019 at 12:28 PM, bajs11 said:

would it also remove all the mods that were installed manually and not through the NMM?

Yes and if exist saved face presets will be gone too. NMM can only guard what was original and what is part of it's mods. But sometimes i have such chaos from testing out mods, that it will be the last option.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:44 AM, Reginald_001 said:

Does it copy out what it deletes to some other directory, so you can restore afterwards?

Not likely.

And I wouldn't be trusting it to backup anything either, from what I've experienced messing around with it.

I've basically gone with the safest option, of having a storage of all the mods I've used at one time or another, and any modifications to them, and added them to MO2/NMM from there.

4 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Not likely.

And I wouldn't be trusting it to backup anything either, from what I've experienced messing around with it.

I've basically gone with the safest option, of having a storage of all the mods I've used at one time or another, and any modifications to them, and added them to MO2/NMM from there.

Yeah I have a FULL backup copy of my Fo4 directory which I synchronize once a week through a scheduled task.

Archived