So... Duke Nukem Forever...

Daguy

Anyone else actually like the game purely for the level full of babes being impregnated by aliens? The one most people howled about being terrible, bad taste, vuglar and so forth.

The game itself? I agree with most reviews, not nearly up to par.

But the part of me that means I have over 570 posts on this forum couldn't help but find that short level justification enough for the games existance.

I have to this day not completed it, nor do I know if there is anything as good/better later on, but I sometimes just boot it up, load up the level, and take a stroll.

Anyone else actually like the game purely for the level full of babes being impregnated by aliens?

No, I like the game for many reason but not that one, I don't mind alien sex... to a certain degree, but impregnating women... not for me, it's fall under the sick category, because that's how it makes me feel.

When I play DNF I just imagine their having sex, don't think of it any feather, (even though more is happening). I wish you could Save the babes.

ps. u like dis http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439815/

Guest Lady Luck

Anyone else actually like the game purely for the level full of babes being impregnated by aliens? The one most people howled about being terrible' date=' bad taste, vuglar and so forth.

The game itself? I agree with most reviews, not nearly up to par.

But the part of me that means I have over 570 posts on this forum couldn't help but find that short level justification enough for the games existance.

I have to this day not completed it, nor do I know if there is anything as good/better later on, but I sometimes just boot it up, load up the level, and take a stroll.

[/quote']

lol wait till u see 3 giant tits that will screw up your brain , im like " man 3 tits " i so wanted that XD.

Well, I guess I have to admit I played the game in its entirety and honestly enjoyed it.

The reason I enjoyed it was it was nostalgic for me. I loved all the previous Duke games and that probably was a huge factor that led to me enjoying it. I freely admit that the game itself was not all that great (and even that may be being generous) but for an old school gamer who was into the Duke it was a nice trip down memory lane.

I felt the same way about Postal 3.

Now I am just waiting for them to redo Redneck Rampage. At that point I may keel over in ecstasy!!! :)

I may be bashed again for saying this but dnf was mostly like it would have been before it was delayed:

Same story, same humour etc...

In retrospect, I could see that the original were not that better... But the game built up lot of time, our expectations grew with our nostalgia... Even for new players dn3d had the charm of an oldie so it couldn't be on par with the old one. The addon tried to correct that, and somehow felt a bit more like the old.

As for the game itself it was not ground breaking and failed to evolve to today standards but it was correct and fun in its own way. I never expected much of the sequel, that may be a part of why I am not disapointed...

Let's face it we grew up and so are our standards for games so a sequel so much time after the original will not fell as good...

Nostalgia is a double edged knife. (Does it have a sense in english? I'm not sure...)

• 4 weeks later...

ahhh the sweet memories of Duke. I know every site and journalist said it was childish and crap, though i cant bring myself to say it was a bad game. on the technical issues sure, but not on its content.

we all wanted the one-liners and the naked babes. and we got it. its too bad we didnt get more.

SPOILER

on the whole alien impregnation thing, im kind of disappointed. Duke sets out to save the babes, but they all end up dying. and babes dying is not cool

Archived