d3d9.dll crashing Oblivion on start-up

tuxheia

I recently started modding a fresh install of Oblivion - I've modded it heaps of times before and used an ENB with OR.
For some reason, however, whenever I have d3d9.dll in my folder, it crashes on startup. Even with no other mods, it will crash the game.
I downloaded DirectX9c and installed it in case it was that - same result.
I tried both wrapper and injector version. The injector version didn't work at all, and once again, if I put d3d9.dll in there, it crashes regardless of what version I use.

I'm using the Steam version if that helps.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

PC Specs:
Win 10 64
32GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia 980 Ti

18 minutes ago, Protocolyso said:

Are you sure that you used dxdweb to download all directX packages? However, why did you put d3d9.dll in there? and are you sure that you use OBSE to launch? And, steam version has only game of the year edition? If yes, you should use the golden collection edition.

I downloaded the directx packages straight from Microsoft.

I put d3d9.dll in the folder because every ENB I use has asked for that file (wrapper version)

How would the version be any different from GOTY, especially when previously the ENB has worked for me?

34 minutes ago, Protocolyso said:

Are you sure that you used dxdweb to download all directX packages? However, why did you put d3d9.dll in there? and are you sure that you use OBSE to launch? And, steam version has only game of the year edition? If yes, you should use the golden collection edition.

I realised maybe I wrote what I meant weirdly.

When I used the injector version, it didn't crash, but the ENB also wasn't active. It was vanilla, so I tried putting the d3d9.dll out of curiosity and it didn't work.

I tried an older binary, and it didn't crash, but the ENB also wasn't active - so I'm not sure what's going on.

I've tried with Steam overlay both off and on because of OBSE.

Archived