Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

37 minutes ago, Niittäjä said:

I got another noobie question. The guide says to get Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons, but later seems to overwrite the weapons with the Believable Weapons mod. Is there something here I am not aware of or are the mods compatible?

If something gets overwritten in this guide then it is on purpose. Better things partially overwriting other mods to get the imho best combination.

Simple Math

Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons

+ Believable Weapons

= Simply Realistic Armor and Believable Weapons ;)

Btw. Thanks for giving me this question. Perfect for giving a simplified explanation how overwriting works. 

Edited by Aylis

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet (it's kind of huge tbh), but Dynamic Animation Replacer has a quirk where it sets an internal limit of around 16k animations. Since we're on LL, this might be an issue for some people. The limit cannot be set through a config menu or file since it's hardcoded into the DLL.

There is an alternate DLL recently posted in the DAR thread on the Nexus where someone found the hex value in the DLL and changed it so it works with over 16k animations, and there is a link to download it, supposedly virus free. It might be a good idea to warn people of the limit, and inform them of the alternate DLL.

From my experience, crashing usually originates from somewhere else. I've has very crashy playthroughs with few additional animations, and some very stable playthroughs with somewhere around 20k animations.

Regardless, it seems a lot of people come here as a starting point when modding with LL, and then move on to adding other mods, including animations. A warning about the animation limit just kind of makes sense. In fact, what you wrote above also makes sense to add.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:35 PM, Crashasmack said:

In Physics and Animation DAR - Smooth Combat Non Combat seems to be a link to a hidden mod. DAR - Smooth Magic Casting Animation too.

You can find these mods here: https://smooths.tistory.com/17?category=478492 (DAR - Smooth Combat Animation) and here: https://smooths.tistory.com/22?category=478493 (DAR - Smooth Magic Casting Animation).

I haven't checked if they are the same mods, but I guess they are since they are from the web page of the same author than the ones in Nexus.

I hope it helps.

P.S. By the way... This mod is also not available anymore: HD Birds. I tried to remove it from a save of my actual playthrough. I think it has a lot of scripts running for what it does. Obviously, I couldn't because it left a trace in my save of more than 5600 scripts that broke my save when I tried to remove them. (I know... I know... It is never a good idea to remove heavy script mods in the middle of a playthrough, but I wanted to try ?).

Edited by Thardrim

I have had problems with that mod (skyBirds SSE Edition), too. The scripts get a little crazy. There is quite a bit of info on the Internet about problems with it. This is all too bad as the idea is really cool. Its neat having the birds! Aylis' guide recommends turning it down a lot, which really does help. I have chosen not to use it.

But I wonder what happened to the mod? Is it tied to the other missing mods? Hopefully someone is fixing it.

Hey I just got to the start of the weapons section and another noobie question came to mind. Is there a mod that handles alternative weapon sheathing in the modlist? I have been at this project for multiple days now and can't remember whether or not there is one earlier in the list.

I am also worryingly close to going over the ESP limit, how safe is it to merge mods?

Thanks again in advance to all the kind people answering my questions and Thanks to Aylis for gathering this frankly superb beginners guide. Even a person like me with the memory and modding skills of a goldfish has been able to follow it.

Edited by Niittäjä

Read DarthKone's post.
    Takeaway:

Because:     "Lazy People Need Mods, Too!"
     Therefore:    Collection$
     And:        Gonna happen, dammit.
     Thus:         All things are permitted.
     Therefore:        All your mods are belong to us - you have one month to comply.  Resistance is futile.

Hi, I know everyone hates noobs, But I gotta start somewhere, im a noob to modding, just downloaded skyrim SE from steam, was cheap ;D

So looked over the massive and comprehensive guide on page1, Im lost! 99% of the options I probably will come back to at a later stage,

Is there a minimal guide somewhere, my google skills keep bringing me back here,

what is the bare minimum I need to install just to get sexlab to work,

I want to play as Male PC and bang all the female NPC's

Thats it,

I can add more later obviously, But right now Im stuck just trying to get basic sexlab to work ?

Thanks for any help

Hi everyone, anyone have any tips on matching up the neck seam from this modlist to have a better transition.  I'm just  wondering what you guys have done or what mods work in combination to get it to a reasonable  difference.  I'm currently running Aylis Skin and Velvet ENB.  What are you guys suggestions?  Thanks everyone and @Aylis, thanks this is by far the most comprehensive guide and I will always give you major props!

Edited by ascendentkunglao

I realized I didn't download SMIM, I forgot it. I think that's why I was having that carriage bug? Heard it's a skyrim bug with vanilla textures, but I'm pretty sure it's because I messed up my textures somehow

Edited by Zathuul

@Dude4547 This mod list will make your Skyrim look far better than a ten year old game should. If you just want sex stuff, just install Sexlab and its prerequisites, Sexlab Animation Loader, whatever animations you want, and something like SLEN to initiate sex. Look up videos on Youtube for MO2 or any other tools you'll be required to use. Gamerpoets's videos are a great place to start.

I'm having issue with SL Attraction SE. My character is female, when i press hotkey to get attractiveness value, someting is wrong.

Pressing to females result most females likes me, pressing to males result most males doesn't like me.

I didn't edit SL Attraction's sexuality slider in MCM menu. So it seems that attractiveness is set opposite to gender.

But when i get sex with npcs through SLEN, and after use hotkey to get attractiveness value,

females who liked me turned to not interested in me at all, males who doesn't like me turned to like me.

I don't know how to fix this. And SL Attraction's topic seems abandoned.. so i am asking here.

Another question about SL Attraction.
Do attractiveness and preferences automatically apply to all npc's, or do they only apply by pressing a hotkey? If they are applied only by pressing the hotkey, does SL Attraction not work at all if the hotkey is not pressed?

(My english is bad.)